39 replies to this topic

#1 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:41 PM

I'm currently reading this book and I love it! It's really funny and a must-have for any fan of The Colbert Report. Anybody else reading it?

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:25 AM

This is ranked #5 in book sales on Amazon.com and none of you are reading/read it?

#3 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:24 PM

Are you Stephen Colbert? :D

#4 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:24 AM

Plan on getting it some time this week, love Stephen :D

#5 PPK/s

PPK/s

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:02 PM

I started reading it this week. VERY funny.

#6 bond_girl_double07

bond_girl_double07

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:40 PM

I heard a rumor that he's in the lead in the South Carolina polls.. I hope it's true :D

#7 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:44 PM

I heard a rumor that he's in the lead in the South Carolina polls.. I hope it's true :D

For which party? Both? LOL

#8 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:26 PM

If everybody in South Carolina voted for him, he would still lose the election because he would have 0 votes in the other 49 states.

He's a Democrat in "real life" which means he would never get my vote.

#9 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

I started reading it. I was subsequently hit with a mountain of work.

Happens every time I pick up a book I wish to read.

#10 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

He's a Democrat in "real life" which means he would never get my vote.

So you're saying you don't vote for the person, you vote for the political party?

#11 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:56 AM

This is ranked #5 in book sales on Amazon.com and none of you are reading/read it?

Also recently read Greg Gutfeld's "Bible of Unspeakable Truths". You ever read it or watch his show?

Haven't read the book but I love Red Eye! It was one of my favorite shows while I was at uni.

#12 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

Also recently read Greg Gutfeld's "Bible of Unspeakable Truths". You ever read it or watch his show?

Haven't read the book but I love Red Eye! It was one of my favorite shows while I was at uni.

Red Eye? You mean, the Red Eye that defamed Canadian troops in 2009?

You two deserve each other... just wish it didn't have to be in a thread about a genuine liberal genius, but that's what happens when the joke flies so far over your heads that you think Colbert means what he says.

Just... reprehensible, you two.

#13 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

Red Eye? You mean, the Red Eye that defamed Canadian troops in 2009?

You two deserve each other... just wish it didn't have to be in a thread about a genuine liberal genius, but that's what happens when the joke flies so far over your heads that you think Colbert means what he says.

:rolleyes:

Over our heads? The Colbert Report is an act, an elaborate parody of Bill O'Reilly, etc. What's so hard to understand?

And your boy Jon Stewart called President Harry S. Truman a war criminal. Now that's reprehensible, you poof.

Jon Stewart Apologizes For Calling Truman a War Criminal

Edited by Righty007, 02 July 2011 - 07:20 AM.

#14 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddd....this is why no one likes you.

#15 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddd....this is why no one likes you.

Mr. Blofeld's motto: "When life gives you lemons, take your anger out on people you don't even know via a James Bond discussion forum."

#16 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

And so, the gang-up begins; everyone pats themselves on the back, gives each other rep, and questions my masculinity -- which, of course, could only be done by men not very secure in theirs... :rolleyes:

#17 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Interesting last few posts: tend to put the lie to the suggestion that television is terribly influential upon any nation's youth. The ostensible wit of these programmes appears to have had little impact.

#18 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

And so, the gang-up begins; everyone pats themselves on the back, gives each other rep, and questions my masculinity -- which, of course, could only be done by men not very secure in theirs... :rolleyes:

Gang-up? Not so much. It's just a few like-minded people who recognize your constantly condescending, pretentiously prickish behavior on these forums and are not afraid to call you out on it.

And you clearly have your fair share of insecurities considering how preoccupied you are with yours and others' online reputations. :rolleyes:

#19 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

How precious. Mrs. Blofeld has no problem attacking people without cause but when they respond, he claims he's being ganged up on. Pathetic.

#20 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

'Nuff

#21 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Gang-up? Not so much. It's just a few like-minded people who recognize your constant condescending, pretentiously prickish behavior on these forums and are not afraid to call you out on it.

And you clearly have your fair share of insecurities considering how preoccupied you are with yours and others' online reputations. :rolleyes:

I thought you two were BFFs. Am I a bit out of date?

#22 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

I thought you two were BFFs. Am I a bit out of date?

Quite.

#23 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Recommend this book to everyone. So funny.

#24 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:45 AM

You may not like me

You're not significant enough for me to dislike you.

Instead of all of us pretending that everyone is a little bit to blame here, let's lay the blame for this at the feet of the person who truly deserves it: MR.BLOFELD.

Fine, we'll do that - that anonymous internet person is to blame. Super. Another enraged victory, achieving much.

#25 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

Fine, we'll do that - that anonymous internet person is to blame. Super. Another enraged victory, achieving much.

With all due respect, Jim, I doubt Gravity's Silhouette would have felt compelled to say what he did had the mods here been doing their jobs by addressing Mr. Blofeld's behavior on these forums over the last several years. I've seen other members here reprimanded for a LOT less than what he's been consistently guilty of doing over and over again.

#26 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

With all due respect, Jim, I doubt Gravity's Silhouette would have felt compelled to say what he did had the mods here been doing their jobs by addressing Mr. Blofeld's behavior on these forums over the last several years. I've seen other members here reprimanded for a LOT less than what he's been consistently guilty of doing over and over again.

OK, noted, sorry if I missed something - but I must have missed something.

#27 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

I'm not singling you out, which is why I used the plural 'mods'--granted, I have no idea who the hell the mods even are nowadays.

And if your response was an implication that you believe Mr. Blofeld hasn't done anything wrong, then color me astounded.

#28 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

I'm not singling you out, which is why I used the plural 'mods'--granted, I have no idea who the hell the mods even are nowadays.

And if your response was an implication that you believe Mr. Blofeld hasn't done anything wrong, then color me astounded.

No desire to colour you anything, my lovely.

I'm probably not paying that much attention to the boards these days and if things are slipping, apologies. If there is something serious, do use the Report this Post thing as then all moderators can see it and people are not relying on my whimsical sense of detached and ill-deserved superiority / fecklessness to take action. No reports at all does rather rely on those moderators around having to read everything and try to spot stuff.

#29 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

I'm probably not paying that much attention to the boards these days and if things are slipping, apologies. If there is something serious, do use the Report this Post thing as then all moderators can see it and people are not relying on my whimsical sense of detached and ill-deserved superiority / fecklessness to take action. No reports at all does rather rely on those moderators around having to read everything and try to spot stuff.

I appreciate the explanation. :tup:

#30 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:19 AM

My pleasure - but my view of the generating argument remains the same. Not terribly interested in how it started, but much more interested in its end. Everyone's a winner, it's a lovely sunny day, hello trees, hello sky etc.