418 replies to this topic

#121 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

as he springs into action while on Galaxy Island (climbing the ladder).

As for Five-O, I'd like to start compiling a season-by-season list of "international intrigue" episodes that showcase the Bondian aspects of hawaii Five-O. As I've mentioned before, it is definitely *NOT* a mere "cops and robbers" show!

Here's a sampling off the top of my head:

Season 1
--Hawaii Five-O (pilot TV movie)/Cocoon two-parter, shown at end of season1 (two slighly different versions of the same story.
--forget the name of the episode, but it's the one with Nancy Kovacks as a doctor and Soon Tek-Oh as a villain.

Season 2
-- Forty Feet High and it Kills
-- A Bullett for McGarrett
-- Sweet Terror

Season 3
-- the three Wo Fat episodes.

Season 4
-- The 90-Second War two-parter

Season 5
-- The Jinn Who Clears the Way

Season 7:
--Presenting...In the Center Ring...Murder

Season 8:
-- Wo Fat two-hour season opener.
-- Terminate With Extreme Predjudice (Dan O'Herlihy as a British spy, directed by his brother, Michael O'Herlihy).

Season 9:
--NINE DRAGONS.

Season 10:
-- Up the Rebels
-- The Maud Adams episode

Season 11:
-- Season opening episode (don't remember the title)

Season 12:
-- Woe to Wo Fat (the McGuffin sounds awfully lot like the proposed "Star Wars" missile defense system).

#122 Brisco

Brisco

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

BTW, S3 of Mission: Impossible has Khigh Diegh as a Red Chinese Communist general bidding on some plutonium with Philip Ahn as his advisor. I can easily imagine him as Wo Fat doing the same with Mcgarrett trying to stop him.

He's also in the recently-released Season 3 episode of Wild Wild West "Night of the Samurai." Unfortunately, he's pretty underused in that one, which definitely isn't one of the series' best.

That use of Hawaii as Ireland in Magnum you mentioned earlier is definitely appalling! But the "Irish" scenes do feature Deadlier Than the Male's Bulldog Drummond, Richard Johnson, so that's a plus...

Brisco

Edited by Brisco, 06 January 2008 - 10:26 PM.

#123 Brisco

Brisco

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

As for Five-O, I'd like to start compiling a season-by-season list of "international intrigue" episodes that showcase the Bondian aspects of hawaii Five-O. As I've mentioned before, it is definitely *NOT* a mere "cops and robbers" show!

Season 3
-- the three Wo Fat episodes.

I'm working on a post for Double O Section later this week about that very subject! ("International Intrigue" episodes in Hawaii Five-O... well, Season 3, anyway.) And it was Brian Flagg's admirable Five-O dedication over on The Avengers forums that first clued me in on how many spy-like episodes the series has.

So here's a few more to add to the Season 3 list:
-The Second Shot
-The Guarnerius Caper
-To Kill Or Be Killed

Brisco

#124 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:07 AM

Steve McGarrett undercover in the S1 H50 episode "The Ways of Love."

Love that episode. It's cool to see a different side of the staid, stoic McGarrett when he's listening to his radio in the cell.

I love both films, but I'll give the edge to Our Man Flint, if only for the interplay between Flint and Cramden and that great action music that accompanies Flint as he springs into action while on Galaxy Island (climbing the ladder).

Indeed. That's why I think the final 1/3 of OMF is better than the final 1/3 of ILF. Also, I like Flint's girls better in OMF. They seem more distinctive and have more personality. What I do prefer about ILF is the whole conspiracy theorist plot with the military in league with the feminist beauty cabal and Flint's very prophetic statement : "An actor as president!"

Season 1
--Hawaii Five-O (pilot TV movie)/Cocoon two-parter, shown at end of season1 (two slighly different versions of the same story.
--forget the name of the episode, but it's the one with Nancy Kovacks as a doctor and Soon Tek-Oh as a villain.

Season 2
-- Forty Feet High and it Kills
-- A Bullett for McGarrett
-- Sweet Terror

Indeed, I just watched A Bullett for McGarrett last night and Sweet Terror today. I think ST is my 2nd favorite episode of the 2nd season ones I've seen so far. And Soon Tek-Oh is back as yet another communist villain. I also really like the way they work in the title song on A Bullett for McGarrett when Steve and Danno are heading to the hypnotized college girl/killer's apartment and also at the beginning of ST.

Here's a cool website I found-

http://www.mjq.net/fiveo/

#125 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

Feel the Five-O love! Nice to see you posting over here, Brisco, your enthusiasm and input are most welcome here at CBn.

I had a feeling that Napoleon Solo would beat me to that list of FIVE-O International Intrigue episodes!

As for SWEET TERROR, it is second only to A Thousand Pardons, You're Dead! as my favorite S2 episode.

Season three is a mere fourteen days away!

#126 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

BTW, I'm a big fan of Soon Teck-Oh's! (or Taik-Oh, based on other spellings I've seen) and that episode you're referring to is "Face of the Dragon." Love when he shoots the hippie off the cliff...

#127 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

<<Season three is a mere fourteen days away!>>

Season 3 may be another chapter in the Jack Lord-Zulu saga.

The following is an anecdote Zulu told fans at the 1996 Five-O convention in Los Angeles. After having some run-ins with JL, another season was starting. While Zulu didn't identify it, I think it was season 3 (which I'll get to momentarily).

Anyway, Zulu decided he needed to get off on the right foot with the series star with a new season going into production. So, the first time he saw JL, he said:

"Hey Jack! Hey man, you're looking great!"

JL said nothing and walked off. Someone on either the cast or crew looked pained.

"What did I do?"

"Jack got a facelift," the crew or cast member replied. Apparently, JL felt Zulu was getting in a dig.

Assuming Zulu wasn't making all this up, I think season 3 was that season. I always thought JL looked different but I couldn't place it. Looking at his features, it's possible he did have a facelift. Nothing startling but definitely the facial features are a bit different.

The thing is: whatever problems happened behind the scenes didn't affect the quality of the show. One of the many excellent episodes in season 3 is "The Ransom" where Kono falls into the hands of kidnappers. McGarrett looks and acts genuinely concerned for Kono's welfare. It's also one of Kono's best episodes. He's in a great deal of peril and absorbs a beating after helping free a young boy who had been kidnapped.

#128 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

The story *sounds* good, and while I noticed a change in Jack Lord's features-- I thought he looked "puffy" in the face around season five or so-- I would attribute that to age (he was 48 when the show began in 1968), rather than a facelift.

Wow, Bill, between the UNCLE DVDs and the ongoing Five-O releases I'll bet you're overstimulated with great TV right about now!

#129 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:34 PM

Feel the Five-O love!

I'm feeling it!

As for SWEET TERROR, it is second only to A Thousand Pardons, You're Dead! as my favorite S2 episode.

Even more than 40 Feet and It Kills? I though that one was incredible and very Bondish. A 1000 Pardons is a good one. I thought that Barbara Luna bears an amazing resemblance to Nancy Kwan(from Cocoon).

<<Season three is a mere fourteen days away!>>

Season 3 may be another chapter in the Jack Lord-Zulu saga.

The following is an anecdote Zulu told fans at the 1996 Five-O convention in Los Angeles. After having some run-ins with JL, another season was starting. While Zulu didn't identify it, I think it was season 3 (which I'll get to momentarily).

Anyway, Zulu decided he needed to get off on the right foot with the series star with a new season going into production. So, the first time he saw JL, he said:

"Hey Jack! Hey man, you're looking great!"

JL said nothing and walked off. Someone on either the cast or crew looked pained.

"What did I do?"

"Jack got a facelift," the crew or cast member replied. Apparently, JL felt Zulu was getting in a dig.

Assuming Zulu wasn't making all this up, I think season 3 was that season. I always thought JL looked different but I couldn't place it. Looking at his features, it's possible he did have a facelift. Nothing startling but definitely the facial features are a bit different.

The thing is: whatever problems happened behind the scenes didn't affect the quality of the show. One of the many excellent episodes in season 3 is "The Ransom" where Kono falls into the hands of kidnappers. McGarrett looks and acts genuinely concerned for Kono's welfare. It's also one of Kono's best episodes. He's in a great deal of peril and absorbs a beating after helping free a young boy who had been kidnapped.

So did Zulu quit or was he fired? From what I've seen of the later episodes, I prefer Kono to Ben though Ben's not bad. There's just something about the chemistry of McGarrett, Danno, Kono and Chin.

The story *sounds* good, and while I noticed a change in Jack Lord's features-- I thought he looked "puffy" in the face around season five or so-- I would attribute that to age (he was 48 when the show began in 1968), rather than a facelift.

My local station is airing around season 6 right now. I saw one last night which had Heller from Licence to Kill as a bank robber/killer and there's one on today with Shirley from "Laverne and" fame. Anyway, I have a question for you long time fans, did Jack Lord do less in the episodes as the series moved into the mid 1970s? It seems to me like he did more in the early episodes like the one where McGarrett battles Henry Silva and the other Latin American revolutionaries who infiltrate the army base. In the later episodes, it seems like more footage is spent on the guest stars and supporting cast.

#130 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:06 AM

re: was Zulu fired?

Answer: yes. In 1996, Zulu, James MacArthur and Kam Fong were hanging out with fans very casually. The question came up about Zulu leaving the show after only four seasons. He gave a very detailed answer (that included that anecdote I referenced). It was touching (Zulu had a lot of health problems and was noticeably thinner than the show). Then the conversation switched to other topics.

Another fan arrived late. He repeated the question about why did Zulu leave.

Inside, I winced. I felt sorry for him to have to dredge that all up again.

Zulu smiled. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away."

My local station is airing around season 6 right now. I saw one last night which had Heller from Licence to Kill as a bank robber/killer and there's one on today with Shirley from "Laverne and" fame. Anyway, I have a question for you long time fans, did Jack Lord do less in the episodes as the series moved into the mid 1970s? It seems to me like he did more in the early episodes like the one where McGarrett battles Henry Silva and the other Latin American revolutionaries who infiltrate the army base. In the later episodes, it seems like more footage is spent on the guest stars and supporting cast.

Actually season 6 is the peak for that sort of thing. McGarrett reasserts himself in later seasons and Danno's air time begins to diminish.

#131 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

Actually season 6 is the peak for that sort of thing. McGarrett reasserts himself in later seasons and Danno's air time begins to diminish.

As a matter of fact, the Five-O crew became mere decoration in later seasons, serving only to be present to Mcgarrett's musings and theories about whatever case they were working on. Watch the 11th season for that, specifically the opening scene of McG and Danno in "Skyline Killer."

#132 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

It's probably just me, but sometimes I'll watch an episode of Hawaii Five-O just to hear the music score, or to take another look at the Polynesian-style decor of the houses that those wealthy "syndicate" crime bosses or politicians live in! I'd be interested in finding any websites with that type of decor. Episodes from the first two seasons I'm thinking of include: Samurai; Face of the Dragon; Yesterday Died & Tomorrow Won't be Born; and Sweet Terror, which is one of many episodes that use what would become 'Robin's Nest" in Magnum, P.I.

#133 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:44 PM

As a matter of fact, the Five-O crew became mere decoration in later seasons, serving only to be present to Mcgarrett's musings and theories about whatever case they were working on. Watch the 11th season for that, specifically the opening scene of McG and Danno in "Skyline Killer."

At the '96 convention, James MacArthur was very circumspect when asked why he left after the 11th season. As the told the story, he informed the producers he had been on the show long enough, wasn't going to make a big deal publicly about it and wanted to depart on good terms. He came across as very class and even self-depricating at times.

Still, you have to wonder whether he felt the role had been diminished. In season 6, there are some episodes where he, rather than McGarrett, is at the crime scene and is in charge of at least a major portion of the case. ("One Big Happy Family" comes to mind.)

#134 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

Just watched "Death with Father", the first one I'd seen that Jack Lord directed. The ending really creeped me out. Peter Strauss plays one cold, evil creature in that one.

#135 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:53 AM

Just watched "Death with Father", the first one I'd seen that Jack Lord directed. The ending really creeped me out. Peter Strauss plays one cold, evil creature in that one.

The writer of that episode, Anthony Lawrence, seemed to specialize in less-than-happy endings in his Five-O scripts.

SPOILER

FOR

THOSE

WHO

HAVEN'T FINISHED VIEWING SEASON 2 EPISODES ON DVD

The ending of the two-parter in season two being another prime example. "Death With Father," though is indeed very creepy. I remember watching it on its original network run. I was genuinely shocked.

#136 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 02:15 PM

At the '96 convention, James MacArthur was very circumspect when asked why he left after the 11th season. As the told the story, he informed the producers he had been on the show long enough, wasn't going to make a big deal publicly about it and wanted to depart on good terms. He came across as very class and even self-depricating at times.

Still, you have to wonder whether he felt the role had been diminished. In season 6, there are some episodes where he, rather than McGarrett, is at the crime scene and is in charge of at least a major portion of the case. ("One Big Happy Family" comes to mind.)

I think I read over at Mike Quigley's site (or somehwere) that Jack Lord was livid upon hearing of MacArthur's departure and not being told directly by him, to which Mac responded "I work for CBS, not Jack Lord." Methinks that "Danno" was fed up with "Jack God" after 11 years and just wanted to get out. Seems that nobody liked Jack Lord.

But I still find it ironic that so many Five-O alum got weepy when recalling their time on the show in regards to jack. Could it be that the (then) secret news of his Alzheimer's got out to them and they all took it hard? For someone who was such a tough taskmaster, the cast and crew sure felt Jack's condition acutely.

#137 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

But I still find it ironic that so many Five-O alum got weepy when recalling their time on the show in regards to jack. Could it be that the (then) secret news of his Alzheimer's got out to them and they all took it hard? For someone who was such a tough taskmaster, the cast and crew sure felt Jack's condition acutely.

There is (or at least was) a sizeable part of Five-O fandom that's in denial about the Alzheimer's angle. I used to belong to a Five-O listserv. Someone who had run some kind of fan group put forward an explanation that it may have been pain brought on by arthritis. You could not bring up the subject on that listserv without getting a fierce argument.

#138 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

There is (or at least was) a sizeable part of Five-O fandom that's in denial about the Alzheimer's angle. I used to belong to a Five-O listserv. Someone who had run some kind of fan group put forward an explanation that it may have been pain brought on by arthritis. You could not bring up the subject on that listserv without getting a fierce argument.

Mike Quigley's site had a National Enquirer photo which showed Jack in horrible condition. Lord's absence from the 1996 Five-O special (included on the 1st season DVD) was the "White Elephant" that was at times uncomfortable, given the emotion of the other interviews.

Been watching the latter season Five-O's and I'll have to admit that the 12th season's opener, "A Lion In the Street" is a much better episode than I originally thought! Interesting that Barbara Luna and Harry Guardino's only appearances on the show are together, ten years apart, though they don't share any scenes in the 12th seaosn show.

#139 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

Mike Quigley's site had a National Enquirer photo which showed Jack in horrible condition. Lord's absence from the 1996 Five-O special (included on the 1st season DVD) was the "White Elephant" that was at times uncomfortable, given the emotion of the other interviews.

Similiarly, in 1997, during filming of the ill-fated revival pilot, a program (maybe Entertainment Tonight, maybe a competitor, I forget which one) had a segment on the filming. They talked to people like Herman Wedemeyer, Kam Fong, etc., and kept asking why JL was absent. They kind of shrugged and didn't answer.

For those unfamiliar with it, the 1997 pilot had the old, retired Five-O team up with the current Five-O (whose members included Gary Busey). Gov. Dan Williams was shot during a public appearance and the combined Five-Oers pursue the case.

The show (whose filming was heavily covered by the local media) was written by Stephen J. Cannell. Supposedly, he had watched about 20 episodes for background.However, one of them was NOT the last episode of season 10 when Chin Ho dies. So the Cannell-scripted show had Kam Fong as Chin Ho. The story goes that one of the CBS executives remembered. Big oops.

#140 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

The writer of that episode, Anthony Lawrence, seemed to specialize in less-than-happy endings in his Five-O scripts.

SPOILER

FOR

THOSE

WHO

HAVEN'T FINISHED VIEWING SEASON 2 EPISODES ON DVD

The ending of the two-parter in season two being another prime example. "Death With Father," though is indeed very creepy. I remember watching it on its original network run. I was genuinely shocked.

I think why it shocked me was seeing it in a context of a 1970s rerun. I figured with censorship rules of the time(for TV, anyway) might've ruled an ending like that out but then again, there was that episode from the 1st season where a mother of a baby gets murdered.

I think I read over at Mike Quigley's site (or somehwere) that Jack Lord was livid upon hearing of MacArthur's departure and not being told directly by him, to which Mac responded "I work for CBS, not Jack Lord." Methinks that "Danno" was fed up with "Jack God" after 11 years and just wanted to get out. Seems that nobody liked Jack Lord.

I figure even if Jack Lord was a tough taskmaster on the set, they all worked with him for a long time and owed their TV careers to his show. They probably were able to find good memories of him along with the bad. Do you all know if Jack Lord got along with Connery and the rest of folks behind the scenes on Dr. No?

Similiarly, in 1997, during filming of the ill-fated revival pilot, a program (maybe Entertainment Tonight, maybe a competitor, I forget which one) had a segment on the filming. They talked to people like Herman Wedemeyer, Kam Fong, etc., and kept asking why JL was absent. They kind of shrugged and didn't answer.

For those unfamiliar with it, the 1997 pilot had the old, retired Five-O team up with the current Five-O (whose members included Gary Busey). Gov. Dan Williams was shot during a public appearance and the combined Five-Oers pursue the case.

The show (whose filming was heavily covered by the local media) was written by Stephen J. Cannell. Supposedly, he had watched about 20 episodes for background.However, one of them was NOT the last episode of season 10 when Chin Ho dies. So the Cannell-scripted show had Kam Fong as Chin Ho. The story goes that one of the CBS executives remembered. Big oops.

Why didn't they hire someone to write it who was actually a true fan of the original series? I'm just as glad they didn't air it. According to imdb.com, a film remake is supposed to be released in 2010. Why can't Hollywood leave well enough alone?

Just saw "Mother's Helper" today with Anthony Zerbe/LTK's Milton Krest as a somewhat sympathetic villain and Sam Drucker from Petticoat Junction/Green Acres as a judge. Funny that 2 LTK villains appeared on H5-0 the same year.

#141 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:32 AM

Why didn't they hire someone to write it who was actually a true fan of the original series? I'm just as glad they didn't air it. According to imdb.com, a film remake is supposed to be released in 2010. Why can't Hollywood leave well enough alone?

I have read, at some time or another, that the movie would be based on the two-hour pilot episode. Then again, this project has been kicking around for years, so who knows?

#142 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

Some reviews of the S3 DVD:

http://www.currentfi...aii50s3dvd.html

http://britamtvdvds....dvd-review.html

The second review mentions syndicated copies:

"There are 24 episodes to this season and some of them are syndication prints and are not uncut."

Edited by Brian Flagg, 17 January 2008 - 07:46 PM.

#143 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:01 PM

"There are 24 episodes to this season and some of them are syndication prints and are not uncut."

And they were doing such a good job with this series. Sigh.

#144 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

And they were doing such a good job with this series. Sigh.

The review goes on:

"The episodes are digitally remastered. Most episodes are uncut. Each episode runs approx 50 mins each."

Now they don't say *which* episodes are edited, so perhaps they're just repeating the blurb that is on the box about episodes being edited from their original broadcast versions.

#145 Brisco

Brisco

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:27 AM

Well, I finally got around to posting that espionage-focused review of Season 3 today: Season 3 DVD Review. I've got to say, of all that I've seen so far of Hawaii Five-O on DVD, I really liked the third season the best. Again, I was mainly watching the episodes that seemed to be spyish (based on their descriptions), but this time they sucked me in in a way that the previous seasons didn't, and I fully intend to watch the entire season!
Brisco

#146 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:19 PM

Well, I finally got around to posting that espionage-focused review of Season 3 today: Season 3 DVD Review. I've got to say, of all that I've seen so far of Hawaii Five-O on DVD, I really liked the third season the best. Again, I was mainly watching the episodes that seemed to be spyish (based on their descriptions), but this time they sucked me in in a way that the previous seasons didn't, and I fully intend to watch the entire season!
Brisco

To use a term from the period, Five-O is "peaking" around this time and will do so through S5. We're now in the midst of Five-O greatest time...

#147 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:38 AM

Brisco

Even the non-spyish episodes have a lot of high moments, especially "The Ransom" (perhaps the best Kono episode) and "Beautiful Screamer" (the rare episode that ends with a shot of Danno, rather than McGarrett.

In the latter episode (and I'll avoid spoilers here), in the climax you can see Danno is *thinking* about going over the line and that Kono is wondering if he will. Of course, the moment passes, but it's a nice "bit of business" (as Tom Mankiewicz calls it) for the characters.

#148 Brian Flagg

Brian Flagg

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1167 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:13 PM

Got my DVDs yesterday and they all appear to be uncut, with all but three episodes running 50:43. The music in this show keeps getting better and Wo Fat continues to get more and more interesting. Watched six episodes so far and it's great to finally see what the syndicated copies omit.

#149 bond_girl_double07

bond_girl_double07

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

I was so obsessed with this show when I was younger, I'm really pleased that they're releasing the dvd's. I had the most massive crush on Jack Lord, I'm really glad I didn't know all of these awful stories at the time :tup:

#150 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:30 PM

I was so obsessed with this show when I was younger, I'm really pleased that they're releasing the dvd's. I had the most massive crush on Jack Lord, I'm really glad I didn't know all of these awful stories at the time :tup:

Here's another Jack Lord appearance from 2 years before Five-O started:

http://video.aol.com...-course/1746061

It's an episode of "The FBI" on AOL's In2TV feature.