34 replies to this topic

#31 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 09:17 PM

Ah, I remember that code. Actually, it was more of a glitch. I have been able to do that before, I did it once during a MP game. I think you just went out and found a sniper rifle as quickly as you can, then equip it and press A and Z a few times. The butt of the gun looked like a paintbrush. There was also a rumour that if you had paintball mode on, it was acually supposed to make a brush mark when you used the fire button (Z). Apparently that rumour was false.

#32 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 07:59 AM

I remember playing my friend's copy until I finally bought my own (used) copy around 2000-01.

I hated the control level. especially in harder missions. sometimes it's hard to stay focused and try to kill guards coming from tons of directions wanting to kill Natalya... I remember ALMOST beating it, then BOOM! she died. I just used a level cheat to skip past it and get the Caverns. I'm such a cheapass. :)

#33 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 02:00 AM

Nah I disagree with all of ya, TWINE's graphics are better than GE's. :)

Here is my review between TWINE and GE:

Best graphics = TWINE
Creativity = GE
Sounds = TWINE
Playability (or how fun it is) = GE
AI = GE
Multiplayer = TWINE

#34 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 10:52 PM

Best graphics = TWINE
Creativity = GE
Sounds = TWINE
Playability (or how fun it is) = GE
AI = GE
Multiplayer = TWINE

I disagree with you when it comes to the sound. TWINE didn't have the Bond Theme and pieces also repeated frequently.
The sound guys of Rare made their own Bond theme and perfecty translated GE's movie score into the game; maybe they made it even better than Eric Serra (which is of course no difficult task to fullfill).

#35 Dr Niles Crane

Dr Niles Crane

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 464 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 06:19 AM

I am not a great computer game person - I am renowned for skiing James into trees and killing him Sonny style, but I do enjoy them - who doesn't like a bit of mindless violence now and again?

I like nightfire I end up chatting to people and such when I really want to be shooting them with really big guns. However the graphics are ok - it actually looks like Pierce Brosnan, albeit with a wierd American/British accent.

I really liked TND for three reasons - James could roll and that was so funky, the skiing, and it wasn't first person. I really loved standing three feet behind him being the puppet master... 'go left James, go right... no don't go there you twit' (My games are very interactive).

However Goldeneye is the most action packed and fast moving game. And the targeting was better. Not being able to hit the side of a barn with a ground to air missile I count on the game allowing me to occaisionally hit a bad guy.