496 replies to this topic

#301 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:50 AM

I think Craig is the best thing that could happen to Bond at this point of time. He will revitalize the franchise just because he is different from all previous Bond actors. Tougher, meaner, wittier, grittier - mark my words: next year you will agree.

View Post

I totally agree with you, congratulation for your approach to our new James Bond!

#302 fatima

fatima

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:00 PM

I think Craig is the best thing that could happen to Bond at this point of time. He will revitalize the franchise just because he is different from all previous Bond actors. Tougher, meaner, wittier, grittier - mark my words: next year you will agree.

View Post

I totally agree with you, congratulation for your approach to our new James Bond!

View Post

Slightly OTT considering all Daniel Craig has done as Bond so far is one half lit picture with a pistol and a bit of brylcream.

Best to wait until you actually see the film before making such gushing statements :tup:

#303 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

View Post

View Post

Slightly OTT considering all Daniel Craig has done as Bond so far is one half lit picture with a pistol and a bit of brylcream.

Best to wait until you actually see the film before making such gushing statements :tup:

View Post

Why??? In life there is intuition, inspiration, hope and so one. I have a perception that Craig is the right man in the right time, and I am not lonely, here! So I am very happy to share with others my ideas about Daniel ...

#304 fatima

fatima

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:58 PM

View Post

Why??? In life there is intuition, inspiration, hope and so one. I have a perception that Craig is the right man in the right time, and I am not lonely, here! So I am very happy to share with others my ideas about Daniel ...
[/quote]

View Post

[/quote]

True, but my gut feeling is that Daniel Craig isn't going to set the world on fire as 007 and I'm not lonely either. Guess we are all going to have to wait until November to find out :D

#305 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:18 PM

True, but my gut feeling is that Daniel Craig isn't going to set the world on fire as 007 and I'm not lonely either. Guess we are all going to have to wait until November to find out :tup:

I can't find until november, I find new ideas about Daniel Craig in Steven Spielberg's Munich ...

#306 fatima

fatima

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:17 PM

True, but my gut feeling is that Daniel Craig isn't going to set the world on fire as 007 and I'm not lonely either. Guess we are all going to have to wait until November to find out :tup:

I can't find until november, I find new ideas about Daniel Craig in Steven Spielberg's Munich ...

View Post

Eric Bana will make a great James Bond.

#307 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

View Post

Eric Bana will make a great James Bond.

View Post

This is totally OT, Daniel Craig is James Bond, Eric Bana is Hulk, the green monster ...

#308 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:47 PM

Bondian images from Daniel Craig:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#309 Quartermaster007

Quartermaster007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

Particularly like this one:
Posted Image
:tup:

#310 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:06 AM

Particularly like this one:
Posted Image
:tup:

View Post

That and the two below it are the best. The rest of them I don't find so Bondian. But those three yes. And the above photo is the best of the lot. If he looked like this as James Bond I, for one, would be very pleased.

#311 DanFan2

DanFan2

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:19 PM

Does anyone have a copy of today's issue of the UK's "Sunday Mirror"? (I wish that I had one, but I'm not in the UK.) The tabloid features a photo of Daniel prepping for his role as James Bond. The Mirror's website doesn't have a copy of the photo, just a small blurb about it:

http://www.sundaymir...-name_page.html

If anyone has a copy and could scan the photo, I'd be appreciative!

Thanks! :tup:

(By the way, I agree that Daniel looks quite Bondian in those pics from "Sword of Honour" and "Copenhagen.")

#312 Niwram

Niwram

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:46 PM

WOW. I want to see that picture! Can somebody buy The Mirror?(no jokes about The Mirror please.)

Edited by Niwram, 22 January 2006 - 04:48 PM.

#313 doubleohseven

doubleohseven

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:13 AM

No matter how hard i try, Daniel Craig always looks more like a Bond villian's henchman than a Bond to me. I suppose its because the other movies all have had the suave, dark, handsome looking Bonds and no offence to Dan but hes not that great looking. Hopefully they will have a great script for him though and he'll win everyone over in a great movie.

#314 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:51 AM

No matter how hard i try, Daniel Craig always looks more like a Bond villian's henchman than a Bond to me. I suppose its because the other movies all have had the suave, dark, handsome looking Bonds and no offence to Dan but hes not that great looking. Hopefully they will have a great script for him though and he'll win everyone over in a great movie.

Again these old words? I am very tired about them. Daniel Craig, as in the first pictures from Czech Repubblic is a hard and strong man, a real Bond 007, and I am very very happy about this new step of our hero.

#315 doubleohseven

doubleohseven

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:31 AM

Again these old words? I am very tired about them. Daniel Craig, as in the first pictures from Czech Repubblic is a hard and strong man, a real Bond 007, and I am very very happy about this new step of our hero.

A forum is for different peoples opinions, they wont always match your own so the easy answer is if you dont like them then dont read them.

My point is that DC is not like any of the previous Bonds. Where as they might have been able to get by purely on looks at times DCs Bond will have to have more character to get the girls, after all if he was just to do a 'RM eyebrow' and have women dropping at his feet it would take away any believability in the character. By going with DC i think that they must be going for a deeper and more realistic Bond, not just a harder one.

He dosent have a typical hero look either but i dont think that will matter so much as his actions will define him. I dont think you could throw DC into just any of the old Bond movies but that dosent mean i think he will be a bad Bond, in fact im hoping it means he will be a tougher and more fleshed out character than his predecessors.

Edited by doubleohseven, 14 February 2006 - 04:32 AM.

#316 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

He dosent have a typical hero look either but i dont think that will matter so much as his actions will define him. I dont think you could throw DC into just any of the old Bond movies but that dosent mean i think he will be a bad Bond, in fact im hoping it means he will be a tougher and more fleshed out character than his predecessors.

I aggre, this is the point. But a more realistic charachter is a more hard man, different from Computer Graphic Bond as seen in the last Brosnan films.
Perhaps I use a word not very tough, but hard, for me, is the right word for Bond. He is a special, intelligent, hard secret agent man.

#317 doubleohseven

doubleohseven

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:00 AM

They had an article in the Sunday Mirror magazine the other week really slating DC. Their headline was 'Daniel Craig The name is Bond, Boring Bond', it then went on to say he could end up being the dullest Bond yet, that he was a charmless wuss and even his wardbobe lacked charisma. They also slated the movie for having no gadgets, only one explosion and no women with actresses turning down roles.

Ok so i still dont think that DC is the best choice for Bond but even i thought the article was way OTT. The movies not even finished filming yet and they are already bashing it!

#318 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:07 AM

They had an article in the Sunday Mirror magazine the other week really slating DC. Their headline was 'Daniel Craig The name is Bond, Boring Bond', it then went on to say he could end up being the dullest Bond yet, that he was a charmless wuss and even his wardbobe lacked charisma. They also slated the movie for having no gadgets, only one explosion and no women with actresses turning down roles.

"...only one explosion..."

Wow. Idiotic does not even begin to describe that Sunday Mirror article.

#319 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:21 PM

I think Craig can pull it off. But he's got a hill to climb.

You are right, but I think that Daniel is a real climber!

#320 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:52 PM

I think Craig can pull it off. But he's got a hill to climb.

You are right, but I think that Daniel is a real climber!

He'll have to be with all of the crazy press surrounding this movie. :tup:

#321 krypt

krypt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 320 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:39 AM

DC reminds me of early Connery Bond in the photos I've seen of him. Which in my mind is very good thing.

#322 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:46 PM

out of intrest how can you get promoted on this message board, i mean "midshipman" is pretty embarrassing for a name as high as man (Apologies the high name is a bad joke)

#323 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:54 PM

out of intrest how can you get promoted on this message board, i mean "midshipman" is pretty embarrassing for a name as high as man (Apologies the high name is a bad joke)

Depends on how many posts you accumulate. You only have a few so your rank is lower.

#324 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:45 PM

DC reminds me of early Connery Bond in the photos I've seen of him. Which in my mind is very good thing.

I agree, I think this is the point.

#325 dalton99

dalton99

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:48 AM

I think Daniel Craig will be a great bond he brings the new modern face of james bond i think that he was the best choice 4 the role.

#326 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:15 PM

I think Daniel Craig will be a great bond he brings the new modern face of james bond i think that he was the best choice 4 the role.

I agree, we have now a new Bond way, Bond 2006. I had seen the BBC video, and I had find there the new Bond Begins, in some way similar to Batman Begins ...

#327 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:32 PM

The interesting thing is that Daniel Craig will be only the second, out of six actors, to actually be English in the part of the English secret agent. Connnery, Dalton, and Brosnan were all various Celts, and Lazenby (the oddball) an Aussie. The only other English actor was Moore, and Craig will likely dance circles around his limp performances.

Craig is the only other actor than Connery to be the right age when he got the part. In Fleming's book, Bond was around 37 and had eight more years until retirement or a desk job. All the other actors were in their forties with the except of Lazenby again, who was in his late twenties.

#328 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:48 PM

The only other English actor was Moore, and Craig will likely dance circles around his limp performances.

Please, love Craig. But don

#329 Forever007

Forever007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

Yeah, it's hard to knock old Roger Dodger as he does have the longest tenure in the role. He certainly wasn't the best 007, but he wasn't the worst either and deserves credit for making it his own. He really was just right for the 70s and early 80s.

#330 Myrddin

Myrddin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 11:17 PM

Yeah, it's hard to knock old Roger Dodger as he does have the longest tenure in the role. He certainly wasn't the best 007, but he wasn't the worst either and deserves credit for making it his own. He really was just right for the 70s and early 80s.

Yes, perhaps it is true. However I think that Roger Moore is a perfect english blended secret agent man, with irony.