110 replies to this topic

#91 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

...and good news, everyone! I've finally found a link online where you can read the first draft of GoldenEye as a PDF without you needing to give me your e-mail addresses! :D

MODERATORS NOTE: Link removed. Don't post script links on the forum. Thanks.

Enjoy. :)

Mr. Blofeld, since you can get new messages can you send me the script on my email? It's [email protected]

Or anyone can?

Don't worry, I'll send you it.

Alright, I sent it to you on Commander Bond & your email because my email wasn't working, but now it just did. Enjoy :cooltongue:

Edited by DominicGreene, 14 November 2011 - 12:21 AM.

#92 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

Sorry about that... just felt it'd make things a little less of a hassle. :S

Hope you enjoy the script, though; it's a good'un! :)

#93 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

Sorry about that... just felt it'd make things a little less of a hassle. :S

Hope you enjoy the script, though; it's a good'un! :)

Mr. Blofeld, would you happen to have a copy of the final script? :)

#94 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

No, sorry; just that one. I do have a copy of the first draft of The Empire Strikes Back, though, if you're interested... :)

#95 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:33 AM

No, sorry; just that one. I do have a copy of the first draft of The Empire Strikes Back, though, if you're interested... :)

Interesting, thanks for the offer, but I'll pass :)

#96 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

No problem; hope you enjoyed GoldenEye, regardless. :)

#97 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

No problem; hope you enjoyed GoldenEye, regardless. :)

Thanks! :) I'm enjoying it so far, it's really interesting how the story was so different before. I would have really have liked to seen that opening train sequence!

#98 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

So would've I, but you've probably already seen several of the coming sequences you'll read about in the script... ;)

#99 Chemateo

Chemateo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

Mr. Blofeld, would you happen to have a copy of the final script? :)

I believe you can find a copy of the final script at UniversalExports.net. I think UE also has the first draft for TND.

Mr. Blofeld, I never publicly thanked you for passing along a copy. So...THANK YOU!

I have not finished reading the script yet, but I do like France's PTS better than what was finally used in GE, not to knock the Dam jump.

Didn't France write two drafts before others were enlisted to work on it? I wonder what changes France made and I wish we could get our hands on it. I find all the potential Bond 17 screenplays and treatments intriguing! I just want to read them all!

#100 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

I didn't really like it at all. I couldn't really understand how Bond could keep up with/aviod being crushed by the maglev train given that it was travelling at 300km/h and an Aston Martin DB5 cannot reach those speeds.

#101 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

I don't know; I still kind of like it, mainly because the set-up and payoff are so good -- would've loved to see that on the big screen, just to see if it'd live up to my imagination, but alas.

#102 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Where can I read the script?

#103 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Gee, if only there was some resource you had where you could type in your question and have a resource to find it. Something, I don't know, maybe the Internet!

#104 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

and wouldn't you know it, I did use the internet. I simply entered "goldeneye first draft" into the Google search engine and would you look at that. I couldn't find the link in the first few sites I found however theirs a thread about it in the very same forum I'm in!
However someone shared the link with me from another thread altogether.

Where can I find this Goldeneye first draft I keep hearing about?

http://hmssweblog.wo...prescient-plot/

#105 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

I found it with relative ease just now by using Google.

You didn't try hard enough.

#106 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

Fair enough.

#107 Kristian

Kristian

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

...and good news, everyone! I've finally found a link online where you can read the first draft of GoldenEye as a PDF without you needing to give me your e-mail addresses! Posted Image

Enjoy. Posted Image

Mr. Blofeld, since you can get new messages can you send me the script on my email? It's [email protected]

Or anyone can?

Alright, I sent it to you on Commander Bond & your email because my email wasn't working, but now it just did. Enjoy Posted Image

Hi, D.

Can you please send me the link to. I've been wanting to read this thing forever. Thanks!

#108 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

...and good news, everyone! I've finally found a link online where you can read the first draft of GoldenEye as a PDF without you needing to give me your e-mail addresses! Posted Image

Enjoy. Posted Image

Or anyone can?

Alright, I sent it to you on Commander Bond & your email because my email wasn't working, but now it just did. Enjoy Posted Image

Hi, D.

Can you please send me the link to. I've been wanting to read this thing forever. Thanks!

I believe this is it.

and wouldn't you know it, I did use the internet. I simply entered "goldeneye first draft" into the Google search engine and would you look at that. I couldn't find the link in the first few sites I found however theirs a thread about it in the very same forum I'm in!
However someone shared the link with me from another thread altogether.

Where can I find this Goldeneye first draft I keep hearing about?

http://hmssweblog.wo...prescient-plot/

#109 Hector Pelon

Hector Pelon

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

Quite interesting, if a little bit of a cluster[censored] to read. Let's just say though that I'm glad we got the Goldeneye we did in the end.

#110 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

I was always surprised they didn't rewrite it a bit more, so that Trevelyan's backstory didn't place his birth in the mid-forties.

#111 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

alexgilbert asked me this question in another thread, I'll answer it in the proper place Posted Image

How did Michael France's story difered with the movie we saw, Goldeneye?

- In Goldeneye, in an early draft (post-Michael France), Bond is supposed to eliminate a team of captured 00 agents, what more in that story difered from the movie?

Well to begin with it differs very differently. Having read it you get the feeling that it was written with Dalton in mind. There's little humour, and it has that hard edge.

The story more or less follows the same idea, that is an EMP emitting sattellite in Space. However location names and actual action sequences are totally different. Servenaya has a different name for instance. The movie also starts onboard a train.

Now the 00-Agents thing is part true, part false. There is a flashback in the script. You see Trevelyan is actually.... M. The M after Sir Miles. He has been kidnapped by the Russians. Bond is sent to assassinate him before they can properly interrogate him. 005 and 008 (I think that's them) are sent with him to do the job. 005 I should add is female. Bond doesn't want to assassinate Trevelyan so he shoots the guards. It turns out that Trevelyan has actually sold the British out, he reveals Bond's position and 007 and 008 are killed trying to get away. Bond is obviously not.

Hope this helps Posted Image

That really sounds very interesting. I´m wondering whether EON will use that kind of plot at some point. It is too good to throw away.