This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Adrian Paul - yes or no?

325 replies to this topic

Poll: Adrian Paul as James Bond?

Adrian Paul as James Bond?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:32 AM

I'll take your challenge Tarl. Of all the Highlander movies, only Endgame made sense! It was a great movie, with some fantastic sword fighting. I've got no bones to pick with it.

-- Xenobia

PS: Yes, I have seen all the Highlander flicks, including the renegade version of the second one.

#122 Senile

Senile

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:40 AM

:) A big definite YES for Adrian Paul. And the people who read Parade magazine in the Sunday newspapers agree.

#123 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:04 AM

I'll take your challenge Tarl. Of all the Highlander movies, only Endgame made sense! It was a great movie, with some fantastic sword fighting. I've got no bones to pick with it.

-- Xenobia

PS: Yes, I have seen all the Highlander flicks, including the renegade version of the second one.

He's a block of wood. He makes Brosnan look like Lawerence Olivier! :) :)

But that's a mute point. He's too old to take the job now. Maybe he would have been good for Goldeneye-TND-TWINE and DAD in a Parallel universe! :)

#124 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:21 AM

Maybe they should just stop the Bond series at this point. It's been a good run. I don't need another film to look forward too, hell, they're beginning to get repetitive anyway.

I'm not serious (though I sometimes do feel that way). I really think that casting Adrian Paul would just be another nail in the James Bond coffin. Bond just deserves, and can get, someone better.

#125 Glor (009)

Glor (009)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 469 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:27 AM

Lady M, nice to meet you too. As near as I can tell the rank is based on the number of posts you've made. I'm not sure how many posts equal each rank but it looks like it's 100 for the first promotion, 500 for the next and I'm guessing 1000 and so on. I haven't really looked into it.

I did find Highlander somewhat entertaining a few years ago but I never thought the star was the best actor in the world.

#126 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:29 AM

To hopefully answer your question Lady M, I believe a 'Commander' signifies 3000 posts or more.

#127 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:18 AM

A big yes. He has sex appeal and he looks like he could do the famous Connery one- lines that made bond famous. He looks like he could be serious or light-hearted at any given moment. The only thing that would hold him back is his age :)

#128 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:29 AM

here is a picture of him with short hair. Not very bond like but you get the gist...

Attached Files

#129 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:32 AM

Very, very strong "yes".

#130 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:34 AM

heres a bondian pic

Attached Files

#131 Lady M

Lady M

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:18 AM

Just another prospective of the man's versatility and agility.....

I really don't think IMHO age should have any bearing on an actors looks or capabilities or performance....if a man at age 45 can look this good without the help of any studio make-up and take this kind of strenuous exercise. I think he will have no trouble keeping up with the James Bond character. This was yesterday at the Charity Celebrity Soccer Game June 27th 2004

Posted Image :)

Here is the link to Gettysimages....
http://www.gettyimag.../home/home.aspx

#132 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:25 PM

Lord no!
Supposedly he is English? Everything I've seen him in he has the godawful strange flat vaguely French-European accent. Besides he can't act his way out of a paper bag.
Sorry to all his supporters. No offense, just not my cup of tea.

#133 adrianpaulfan81

adrianpaulfan81

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:51 PM

I vote Yes for Adrian Paul. He has shown interest in it for many years. I think he should get at least one shot at it. Please visit his official website at Adrian Paul's Official Site Thank You. APFan81

#134 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:56 PM

Do you not think he is too old to start doing Bond? He looks the part, but at 45 he is already too old to be able to 3 or more.

We need a younger Bond, around 35 or so.

#135 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:56 PM

LOL Hello Mr. Paul! Good luck! :)

Actually, if they make a Bond TV series you'd be perfect! :)

#136 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:29 PM

i dont want a long bond like Roger so im not worried about his age. Its all about how old her looks. If he stars in only 3 or 2 thats fine with me.

#137 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:34 PM

I voted yes . Still he is 45 y/o , what is the differance between him and Brosnan . Other than price . If he is chosen then Bond 21 will surely follow the path of Die Another Day . Just bigger special effects and no character development .

#138 CommanderBond

CommanderBond

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3135 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

I disagree on the big CGI. You can do more with a fellow like Paul than Pierce. I've seen some of his acting chops and they may not be as good as Pierce but they are up there. I just dont want Clive getting the role because he would bring the seriousness back that almost ruined a great series.

#139 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:20 PM

Orlando Bloom would make a nice Higson Young Bond :) :)

I like Adrian Paul, I did like the Highlander series they were fun. Perhaps Paul would be the third succesfull actor that first did very well in a television series. The Saint, Remington Steele & Highlander.

And most of the girl I dated in the time this was on the telly actually though he was very sexy in SC kind of way.

But I have to say that at this point i see a lot of strong contenders, and well see when we get there. And be prepared to start some serious discussion then, because whoever they choose there is no pleasing to a "hardcore" Bondfan. :)

Yes I agree whoever gets the Bond role will get slammed by some hardcores.

#140 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:03 PM

No.

Bit unfair if they're booting Brosnan because of his age to hire a guy who's only six years younger than him. There are better candidates around.

Dark I can see you are a Pierce fan and by the way so am I. So I wouldn't be unhappy if he came back at all. But he may not be in Bond 21 because of money and creative differences not his age. As others have stated Pierce look-wise is fine to do one, even two more films. If they don't want him back the producers need to find the best fit for Bond and I vote for Paul--he is actually the only one I would take over Pierce at this point. Pierce had his four and I would like Paul to get his shot--I think he fits Bond and would propel Bond to success for many years. If not Paul then I say give Pierce at least one more.

Every candidate put up will be slammed by some including Jackman, Owen and Pierce--that is to be expected. We all have valid angles to view Bond and I think a number of candidates could do well--I just put Paul at the top of that list. But of all the arguments the age one is the weakest. As I have mentioned elsewhere Roger was strong until Octopussy in his mid 50's and if they let him Pierce could easily do the same. Adrian Paul like them is youthful looking for his age and could easily do 3,4 films. They are not potentially replacing Pierce for age reasons.

I did predict that there would be more "no" than "yes" in this poll because of a lot of Jackman, Owen and Pierce support. So I am impressed Adrian Paul is doing as well as he is. Most impressive. Add that to the nation-wide support in the Parade survey and the times he has been seriously considered by the producers in the past leads me to believe even more that his chances to be Bond are pretty solid.

#141 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:12 PM

Here are some links i just found with Adrian looking like Bond:
http://www.hidef.com...t/newswire.html (check nearer the bottom for one of him aiming a gun)
http://www.worldzone...fannews/ap.html (this one has his face inside the 007 Gunbarrel)
I'm trying to fine some more, better ones.

#142 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:15 PM

He looks very much like a James Bond contender in some of those shots, and then not in certain others. Up in the air.

#143 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:27 PM

I would think though, that some of the names mentioned here so far, Jackman, Owen, Paul, etc.. would be more pleasing than some of the other names that have been brought up in magazines etc.

(Bloom for example)

#144 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:35 PM

I think you are definitely right :) Though no one would escape without some pounding! :)

#145 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:36 PM

Sorry Loomis didn't mean to even insenuate you were racist never crossed my mind. 

Don't worry, I never even thought you were implying that - but I did want to make the point in case anyone thought I was being a "Little Englander". :)

hey what makes you think we want to see a real pasty brit anyway? :)

#146 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:36 PM

I think you are definitely right :) Though no one would escape without some pounding! :)

Well obviously. Never been a Bond here on CBn that everyone loved. :)

#147 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 07:32 PM

Oh, nothing.... only 42 years of stupendously successful movies. :)

#148 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:15 PM

Featuring an Australian, an Irish American(Malibu passport?)Scottish bloke with an alien accent, and maybe yet another Aussie...Dalton was a Welsh with some Italian background.Moore was perhaps the only true englishman.

#149 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:22 PM

True, but none of those guys looked like an olive oil salesman from Sicily. :)

#150 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:24 PM

LOL I agree I give Adrian Paul two thumbs down.