That works for me. :)

#62 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 04:13 PM

Well that is certainly one of the possibilities if Brosnan does come back for one more. And I concur that would work fine. But I also think the other candidates could work also.

#63 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 04:50 PM

*yawn* Sorry but I don't buy this for a second. Adrian Paul's pre-GoldenEye audition was terrible and he never even got close. Gruffudd did indeed have a meeting with EON, but not for the part of Bond. He auditioned for DAD's villain Gustav Graves. Firth, to the best of my knowledge, has never talked to EON and I can't see why they would be interested. He's wrong in so many ways. As for Jackman and Owen being top candidates, well, duh.

#64 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:40 PM

One last response to the passions and/or rantings of Moomoo depending on your perspective! The more I hear, the more I am dubious of the possibility your information is even partially true. No disrespect meant, but your tone and wild exclamations of so called facts leave me puzzled.

First of all, I ask again why no announcement? You claim, I believe, that Jackman signed late in 2003 and you were "told" later and then came to the internet in February to grace us all with the "facts". So if all this is settled long ago, why no announcement? It's completely settled for now about 8 months now, right? THERE IS NO ANNOUNCEMENT BECAUSE IT ISN'T SETTLED YET.

Then you clarify that you heard this at best third hand from someone who knows someone at MGM! There are too many people between your story and the facts for anyone to take it as gospel. I am not discounting you are possibly sincere, but you can easily be misinformed along a number of links in the informational chain. Your boldness lies on a flimsy foundation.

Your own words betray uncertainty. Beneath all the bluster of the "facts" are statements that are sprinkled throughout your various posts that betray your main points. A few examples--one which was pointed out in this thread already when you write "it looks like I will be right" and also when you write "My prediction is that Hugh Jackman will be the next Bond". It looks like and My prediction is--those are not nearly words of definite facts but words embalmed in doubt.

With regards to why you would post all this if it isn't true--I don't know! None of us really know you from Adam. As I said above you can be sincere yet easily wrong. And I don't discount others doubting myself either for "some" of the same reasons. I know the truth and am content to let time reveal it. AND IF YOU ARE AS CONFIDENT AS YOU CLAIM THEN YOU CAN WAIT ALSO AND WE CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE WITH PASSION UNTIL THEN.

To say they will hire Jackman because he is box office ignores Bond history--they have never ever hired a box office star and the series has been strong. Bond is the star not the actor!

To quote what Brosnan has said in the press proves nothing--who knows how serious he is or what possible game or strategy he has in mind. Here's a clue--don't believe everything you read--Tomorrow Never Dies should tell you that! You can claim you know why he is saying what he is saying, but that would be a guess based on your third hand information.

Moomoo writes Poopoo!

Sorry Moomoo, I couldn't resist that :) Like I said it is possible you are at least sincere. Cheers!

ChanderBing I like your sense of humor and skepticism on things even though I stand by my statements--your take helps keep things in perspective. :)

#65 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:50 PM

Crashdive, heh I can perfectly understand the skepticism--I knew some of that was coming. Point of fact Paul's Goldeneye audition was strong and they all have been contacted it just isn't much known. The fact is not much is known at all including who really are the true favorites--it is press blather and P.R. moves. But I can see where my words won't prove anything to you. Ultimately only an official announcement will do that for all!

#66 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:53 PM

Brosnan for Bond 21

Jackman for Bond 22

I can live with that too.

#67 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 07:31 PM

Brosnan for Bond 21

Jackman for Bond 22

Exactly what I'd like to see too, for the time being.

#68 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:31 PM

Brosnan for Bond 21

Jackman for Bond 22

no no no... We want Owen :)

#69 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:36 PM

Brosnan for Bond 21

Jackman for Bond 22

You must be mistaken. :)

#70 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:39 PM

Brosnan for Bond 21

Jackman for Bond 22

Yes. Owen for BOND 21, please. :)

#71 Xenia

Xenia

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:18 PM

Brosnan for Bond 21

Jackman for Bond 22

I think Jackman's scedule is a bit on the busy side, it would require frantic arrangements to work around things, he's got to grow the hair for wolverine, at the same time would be filming Bond with shorter hair before he does X3, weird stuff like that, so Jackman seems more ready for Bond 22 then Bond 21.

Yes, Pierce for Bond 21, Hugh for Bond 22+ :)

#72 BondFreak

BondFreak

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 01:16 PM

definitley jackman should do it. he would have connerys strengh and somwhat nlooks and he'd have moores quips.NO WAY IM GOING WITH THE HIGHLANDER!

Edited by BondFreak, 03 June 2004 - 01:17 PM.

#73 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 01:50 PM

Next thing you will be telling us that James Brolin auditioned as 007 for Octopussy :)

#74 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:42 PM

Bondfreak I agree Jackman would be strong for Bond--but so would the Highlander. There can be more than one! :)

Edited by Seannery, 03 June 2004 - 05:43 PM.

#75 Slaezenger

Slaezenger

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:02 PM

The truth is not out there, it is right here! The truth is easy to hide with it being surrounded by the dross that surrounds us all. Like Moomoo's rantings! Remember you heard it first here on June 1, 2004. So one of those six actors will be officially announced as the next James Bond--Jackman, Owen, Firth, Gruffudd, Paul and Brosnan."

...The _only_ people who have any reliable knowlege about who is shortlisted for Bond are Eon -- and the studio boss at MGM. All of the names being bandied about in your post can be found elsewhere, such as Kimberly Last's website, and in various rumor blurbs from media sources. We'll just have to wait...

#76 Agent 76

Agent 76

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7080 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:12 PM

[..]Last's website, and in various rumor blurbs from media sources. We'll just have to wait...

till the end of the year , perhaps.... :)

#77 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:50 PM

Slaezenger your logic is solid, but a few more than just the head of MGM are in the know at the studio. I stand by my source. And yes ultimately only the official announcement will likey satisfy most and reasonably so. It's impossible to prove this over the internet--so this post is like hiding in plain sight!

#78 WhiteKnight2000

WhiteKnight2000

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 05:27 PM

Brosnan is Bond for 21. The producers have already said they couldn't miss the marketing opportunity to introduce a new actor as Bond for the 22 film in 2007.

:)

#79 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 05:30 PM

The producers have already said they couldn't miss the marketing opportunity to introduce a new actor as Bond for the 22 film in 2007.

Really? News to me. Cite your source, please. :)

#80 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:20 PM

The producers have already said they couldn't miss the marketing opportunity to introduce a new actor as Bond for the 22 film in 2007.

Maybe " :) " is supposed to mean he's joking?? :)

#81 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:29 PM

Maybe " :) " is supposed to mean he's joking?? :)

Yeah, I'd considered that, but then again I was wondering whether or not the producers had ever declared an intention to bring in a new Bond actor in the "magic" year of 2007.

#82 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:06 PM

WK2000's statement is irrelevant to what is going on--it could possibly work out that way, but that isn't close to being a deciding factor.

#83 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:32 PM

Apparently Jackman is gay...

http://awards.tvgasm...00058.html#more

:) :) :)

#84 Seannery

Seannery

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3440 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:35 PM

You know, I have heard those rumors in a few places now. Nothing that can be proven or definitive--though when an actor marries an older woman that does throw up a red flag(can anyone say beard?). Also he has a charming genial manner, but one I thought was possibly a little light in the loafers. So I can see that is possible. Who knows?

So this rumor has been around. I see no necessary problem with a gay actor playing Bond, but perhaps those in power may have some reservations if this were true. So if this were true or the rumor spread perhaps this could cause the producers to ultimately decide against Jackman and instead decide to go with one of the other five candidates--Brosnan, Paul, Owen, Gruffudd or Firth.

#85 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:50 PM

So if this were true or the rumor spread perhaps this could cause the producers to ultimately decide against Jackman and instead decide to go with one of the other five candidates--Brosnan, Paul, Owen, Gruffudd or Firth.

Exactly.

#86 Jaelle

Jaelle

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:41 PM

Oh this is ridiculous. What a bunch of ignorant nonsense. Such predictable, small-minded reasoning here: "Of course the guy's gay! He's playing a gay singer on Broadway so OF COURSE he's gay!" No straight guy would EVER play a gay man so OF COURSE, he's gay! Some idiot says it on a website, so OF COURSE, he's gay! The man's been madly in love with his wife for years, there's never been any back-industry stories about him (believe me, those stories are easy to find) but since it's on a website discussion board, all based on his Broadway show, OF COURSE, he's gay! I don't believe for one second that Jackman won't get the Bond role for this moronic, nonexistent reason.

BTW, Jackman was a fantastic host at the Tonys. He's the only one who got a standing ovation.

#87 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:50 PM

Oh this is ridiculous.  What a bunch of ignorant nonsense.  Such predictable, small-minded reasoning here:  "Of course the guy's gay!  He's playing a gay singer on Broadway so OF COURSE he's gay!"  No straight guy would EVER play a gay man so OF COURSE, he's gay!  Some idiot says it on a website, so OF COURSE, he's gay!  The man's been madly in love with his wife for years, there's never been any back-industry stories about him (believe me, those stories are easy to find) but since it's on a website discussion board, all based on his Broadway show, OF COURSE, he's gay!  I don't believe for one second that Jackman won't get the Bond role for this moronic, nonexistent reason. 

BTW, Jackman was a fantastic host at the Tonys.  He's the only one who got a standing ovation.

I don't know if he's gay, but I think it's safe to say that if he was openly gay, EON would never offer him Bond.

#88 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:56 PM

Oh this is ridiculous.

Quite so, I've never heard he was gay before.

#89 Willie Garvin

Willie Garvin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:23 PM

[quote name='Jaelle' date='8 June 2004 - 20:41'] Oh this is ridiculous.

Edited by Willie Garvin, 10 June 2004 - 09:35 PM.

#90 Martin Mystery

Martin Mystery

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:25 AM

True, I would prefer Owen as Bond, but I think Jackman could pull it off, too.
I posted a link to the story because I found it amusing, that's all.

Edited by Martin Mystery, 10 June 2004 - 02:21 PM.