Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:55 AM

Really excellent work, zencat. :)

#122 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:23 PM

Someone should tell DLibrasnow that RayBen agrees with his notion that Robert Brown and Bernard Lee portrays the same M. :)

#123 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:50 PM

I added as punctuation to Part IV...

Posted Image
Raymond Benson with CBn members John Cox (zencat), Athena Stamos (Athena007), Ryan Provencher (Ry), and Charlie Axworthy (Bryce 003) at the L.A. Times Festival of Books, April 24, 2004.

A picture perfect ending, I think. :)

#124 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:02 AM

"I've never said anything negative about his [John Gardner's] books since then, certainly since I got the Bond gig, and whatever mild criticisms I made in the Bedside Companion (other than the McDonald's line) were nothing compared to what I see written about him [John Gardner]--and me--on Bond fan website message boards!"

Was Raymond Benson including CBN in this Zencat :) ? I know that I've never posted anything offensive about Mr Benson and I don't want to either. Not having a go at those who have. :)

#125 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:49 PM

Hey, check it out. Our Raymond Benson CBn Interview is now featured at the International Association of Media Tie-in Writers official WEBSITE. :)

#126 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:08 PM

Cool, zencat! :) They are grateful.

#127 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:23 PM

That's very cool zencat. It is the RB interview after all. :) :)

#128 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:47 PM

Does someone of here knows Raymond ? Tell him that I think he's The Fleming of the 90's/00's. Lots of Better than Gardner and I liked very much the Bond novels and films references in DAD novelization.

#129 Robert Watts

Robert Watts

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:23 AM

My main problem with Benson was his stories lacked flare and atmospher (In My Honest Opinion), something that made Fleming so enjoyable.

While I admit there are a lot of over the top comments about his writing, I still think he handled some of the questions in a bit of a childish manner, which made him come off as a bit immature in that interview. Which is a trait that let's face it someone wouldn't want associated with them by certain people after writing some of the scenes that he wrote.

Don't get me wrong, as an aspiring author I respect Raymond Benson, he's managed to get published which is further in the industry then most people get. But I just feel if he could improve the point listed above he could have very very enjoyable rocks.

#130 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

How come this has sprung up on the front page in 2009? Nothing to do with "Jim Gate"?