66 replies to this topic

#31 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:31 AM

Anyone ever seen the rare 2:35min Moonraker teaser trailer?

A teaser trailer that Maurice Binder created for Moonraker. It pretends to be an ordinary advert where you have to guess the product. It starts off with a slow motion clip of Corinne Clery running through the woods, and the voiceover (by Patrick Allen) says "Shampoo, for that lovely outdoor girl look? Just could be..." Then it cuts to Hugo Drax's dogs pouncing on her, and the voiceover says "Dog food?!" Then it goes on to suggest it's a watch advert, and an airline advert, before revealing it's the new Bond film, and launching into a proper trailer.

Hoping to get a copy of it from a source...soon.

I have never seen this trailer but would love to. I searched on youtube but could not find it. Does anyone know if it's own the Moonraker UE DVD? Sadly, it's not on the earlier SE DVD released.

#32 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:41 AM

A teaser trailer that Maurice Binder created for Moonraker. It pretends to be an ordinary advert where you have to guess the product. It starts off with a slow motion clip of Corinne Clery running through the woods, and the voiceover (by Patrick Allen) says "Shampoo, for that lovely outdoor girl look? Just could be..." Then it cuts to Hugo Drax's dogs pouncing on her, and the voiceover says "Dog food?!" Then it goes on to suggest it's a watch advert, and an airline advert, before revealing it's the new Bond film, and launching into a proper trailer.

I have never seen this trailer but would love to. I searched on youtube but could not find it. Does anyone know if it's own the Moonraker UE DVD? Sadly, it's not on the earlier SE DVD released.

It isn't. There is only 1 release trailer for MR on the UE. I was hoping this may have made it on there.

#33 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:49 AM

It isn't. There is only 1 release trailer for MR on the UE. I was hoping this may have made it on there.

Bummer. At least I won't shell out the money for the UE DVD then. Thanks Turn.

P.S. To Panavision or anyone else who finds it, please post it on youtube and let us know when you do.

#34 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:19 AM

I've got it. If I can ever manage to get my video recorder working again, I'll cap it for you, and put it on YouTube. :cooltongue:

Here are some screen grabs from it that I did for Panavision ages ago.

http://img291.images...lergrabshv4.jpg

#35 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:58 AM

I've got it. If I can ever manage to get my video recorder working again, I'll cap it for you, and put it on YouTube. :cooltongue:

Here are some screen grabs from it that I did for Panavision ages ago.

http://img291.images...lergrabshv4.jpg

Thanks, Royal Dalton!(cool screen name BTW). Nice screen grabs. Please let us know when you've got it up on youtube.

#36 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:08 PM

Here you go, then. :cooltongue:

The quality's not very good, so take it for what it is.

#37 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:15 AM

Cool, thanks mate.

If you ask me, the quality was sufficient enough. Thanks for that.

I also remember seeing this from somewhere, but that was years ago. Cant remember where I spotted it.

Edited by Blonde Bond, 02 March 2007 - 12:16 AM.

#38 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:44 AM

Here you go, then. :cooltongue:

The quality's not very good, so take it for what it is.

Thanks, Royal Dalton! I've read about this trailer for years and now I've finally seen it! Why on earth did they not put it on the DVDs? It's far better than the other trailers for MR. I like how they incorporated OHMSS music into it.

#39 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 12:53 AM

Great trailer. Thanks for posting, RD.

#40 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:13 AM

That was good stuff and very much in keeping with the other Bond teaser trailers of the '70s.

Strange that most of the other DVDs have multiple trailers and TV spots but MR had just the one trailer. According to doublenaughtspy in an earlier post, these are sometimes not easy to come by, as evidenced by the quality of that trailer on You Tube.

#41 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:27 AM

I actually got that trailer from one of the people who worked on the Inside Moonraker documentary, who has a film print of it.

So it's very strange that it didn't turn up on either of the DVD releases.

#42 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 02:33 AM

I actually got that trailer from one of the people who worked on the Inside Moonraker documentary, who has a film print of it.

So it's very strange that it didn't turn up on either of the DVD releases.

Interesting. Was it perhaps because of perceived fan dislike of the 1979 film? I've always loved it and if A View to a Kill was able to have all those extras, certainly the most financially sucessful Moore film(I'm referring to Moonraker, of course) should have included its many extras on it as well.

#43 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 09:17 AM

A clever and unique trailer, thanks for posting it.

#44 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:29 PM

Yes,i just found this last night.Great trailer,shame you have the embed shut off.

#45 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:39 AM

This trailer should've been included on the DVD!

Is it the teaser? How many different trailers were created for Moonraker?

Radio spots would be nice to be included too.

Typically how were radio spots sent to radio stations for the early Bond? 45 records?

#46 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:44 AM

This trailer should've been included on the DVD!

Is it the teaser? How many different trailers were created for Moonraker?

Radio spots would be nice to be included too.

Typically how were radio spots sent to radio stations for the early Bond? 45 records?

They were usually on 33 RPM records with several different cuts. The early films had several different spots ranging from like 10 to 60 seconds. I think GF had like 20 different ones. I think there were several for TSWLM, but I think only a few different cuts for films like LALD and TMWTGG.

#47 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:07 AM

That was good stuff and very much in keeping with the other Bond teaser trailers of the '70s.

Strange that most of the other DVDs have multiple trailers and TV spots but MR had just the one trailer. According to doublenaughtspy in an earlier post, these are sometimes not easy to come by, as evidenced by the quality of that trailer on You Tube.

It just seems weird that this is the case. One would think there would have been loads out there for arguably one of (perhaps the) "biggest" of the Roger Moore Bond films.

#48 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:49 AM

It seems the trailer has once again been pulled. Come on MGM, just put all of this stuff on the blu ray version next time. Trailers, radio ads and tv spots.

I don't understand why Moonraker on blu ray has 1 trailer while most of the other films have multiple ones as well as some with radio and tv spots!!

It would be great to have a compilation of the radio ads, all trailers and tv spots. I really enjoy having those on the DVD's and blu rays.

#49 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

Aside from this rare Moonraker trailer, how many other official trailer releases were missing from Moonraker?

How about the other Bond films? What trailers, tv spots and radio ads are missing?

#50 Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1376 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

I think I actually saw this trailer in the theater, sometime in the fall of 1978. I was on a date with my future wife. At the beginning I was wondering what this was a trailer for. Suddenly, it was clear it was a Moonraker trailer. We saw scenes from the Venice sequence (the assassin coming out of the coffin, throwing knives at Bond, with Bond dispatching him). Anyway as all this spectacle unfolded, my date leaned over and said, "I want to see this movie."

#51 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

I saw this trailer too, in June '79, at a retrospective showing of Blazing Saddles. I remember LMAO when two dummy bodies were blown 100 feet in the air over Rock Ridge. The two Draxites in the chase boat didn't quite reach that height.

I also remember in the MR advert that Bond's watch played 'Rule Britannia.' That was left out of the film as released (a rare example of restraint when it came to this particular film, or was it only dubbed in for the advert?). I thought of this again when Q gave TD his key-ring finder.

I too have not seen this trailer since. I hope it turns up some day.

#52 Aces High

Aces High

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:33 AM

I am sure this trailer has been issued on a promo DVD for the James Bond DVD collection.It came free with one of the UK film mags..maybe 'Total Film' So as for that guff that its not out there is rubbish,lets be honest some of the 'seleceted' figurehead fans are dazzled & seem to be lacking in a lot of areas when it comes to older 007 films...especially the ones who advise MGM or whoever designs the DVD covers & booklets.How hard can it be to get the correct stills associated with the correct film???

#53 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:30 PM

Never seen this. Has anyone got a decent link?

#54 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

Never seen this. Has anyone got a decent link?

I've seen the ad but it's been pulled from Youtube...

Odd.

I would be very interested in a blu ray with nothing but all of the James Bond trailers, radio spots and tv spots.

Edited by scaramunga, 04 April 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#55 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

Odd.

You can thank the good people at Sony for that.

#56 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

Odd.

You can thank the good people at Sony for that.

Don't you mean MGM

#57 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

No, Sony.

#58 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

They closed your account?

Dear God, if anything you were helping promote the film, doing the guys at Sony a favour.

I remember when the last Star Wars film came out, George Lucas was charging people
to see the trailer, through the website.

Film studios really need to get with the times.

#59 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:25 AM

They closed your account?

Dear God, if anything you were helping promote the film, doing the guys at Sony a favour.

I remember when the last Star Wars film came out, George Lucas was charging people
to see the trailer, through the website.

Film studios really need to get with the times.

Agreed. It would nice to see the Moonraker teaser, tv spots and radio spots included on the Moonraker blu ray. Hopefully MGM and Fox will do some work on the last 9 to include some more of the trailers, radio spots and tv spots.

In addition, John Cork's team SHOULD be brought back to render his documentaries in HD as was done for the other Bond films that are on blu ray at this time.

Another great idea would be for an extra disc with extra Bond trailers, Tv spots and radio spots on a separate disc or box set extra???

Anyway. It's crazy that the Moonraker teaser cannot be posted online to view.

#60 Ozzman313

Ozzman313

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:35 PM

It's back on YouTube, really...really horrid quality though!