The wait is killing me!!!

#33 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 22 July 2001 - 06:30 AM

You could always bribe me ;p . But be warned, I know who they're considering but that doesn't gaurntee that person has signed up! :)

#34 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 10 June 2001 - 12:35 AM

You really want to know? Well I have two sources of info you see. One tells me they are still considering two directors the other tells me that a director is signed.

Perhaps I can play a game?? You see I can't just spill the beans without posting the news on the main page first :)

But... he's Australian!

#35 WhitePersian

WhitePersian

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 July 2001 - 12:37 PM

I've just realised that Stephen Hopkins is Australian and has been tipped to direct. This worries me. "Ghost and the Darkness" was ok, but "Lost In Space " was an utter misfire, even if it raked in the dollars. It concentrated on FX to the detriment of logic and characterisation. Worst of all, it was boring, despite all the CGI and explosions. I just hope they have a really tight script.

#36 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 09:15 AM

Spottiswoode wasn't an EON director, nor were any of the Brosnan Bond directors - they all had reasonably high profiles and decent track records unconnected to Bond.
My guess is that McTiernan (given his long association with Brosnan) must have been seriously considered already. Either he's said no, or they're keeping up their sleeve till the big announcement. ( Could the unusually long gap between Bonds 19 and 20 have as much to do with waiting for a particular director as giving Brosnan a breather?)

#37 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 10 June 2001 - 11:19 AM

Blue Eyes (10 Jun, 2001 01:35 a.m.):
You really want to know? Well I have two sources of info you see. One tells me they are still considering two directors the other tells me that a director is signed.

Perhaps I can play a game?? You see I can't just spill the beans without posting the news on the main page first :)

But... he's Australian!

ROGER DONALDSON ? (did a good job with THIRTEEN DAYS and has worked with Brosnan before)
PHILLIP NOYCE ? (I like his Jack Ryan movies & THE SAINT)
FRED....? (can't spell his surname but is a dramatic director)

I can't remember any other names at the moment.

#38 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 05:56 AM

If they hyped it right he would. Think about it, "The new James Bond film - from the director who brought you The Hunt For Red October etc etc." The hype would bring in the people who would otherwise be on the fence about seeing yet another Bond film.

The Bond fans will go regardless, but attracting the more casual filmgoer is what will take the next Bond film over the $150 million mark in the U.S.

#39 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 02:35 AM

B5Erik (31 May, 2001 07:47 a.m.):
Daniel - any insight as to why Eon hasn't used McTiernan?

Unfortunately no.

But I do think they should use him. I don't know if he'd bring in $20 mill though.