208 replies to this topic

#61 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:37 AM

as for an exciting capture what did you guys expect? i mean we got him, no body got hurt....as for weapons of mass distruction i have a feeling when they intergate him, he'll point his finger to syria...or iran.:) but i'd give him a cavity search just to be sure about those evil unknowns..as rummy said

#62 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:39 AM

Originally posted by Tarl_Cabot
I didn't see footage of Hitler at the concentration camps. :mad:

That's possibly correct, but we have paper documents pointing to his involvement with that. You're tagging something onto Saddam that you currently have no proof for.

You could probably try a lot of Western people on crimes similair to those on Dr Niles' list.

#63 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:43 AM

Feeling bad for Saddam? Jail time? Are you confusing him with someone else? This guy didn't rob a bank, he butchered thousands and thousands of men, women and children. He's a monster that ranks up there with Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot. It's easy to feel bad for him when its not your family members who are having their genitals cut off.

This is a good site to visit. It's not a BS site, which the net has plenty of. It offers some facts about the suffering of the Iraqis by Saddam.
http://www.indict.org.uk/index

#64 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:43 AM

Kerry should see the help wanted section of the paper ASAP. He's toast. Dean is an obnoxious, arrogant whiner. The commander in chief should not be a physician(MD). He needs to order the death of people occasionally. We are at war. We need a guy who's willing to kick major ### and not care if those wine and cheese consuming snobs in France hate us. :)

#65 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:45 AM

Originally posted by Blue Eyes

That's possibly correct, but we have paper documents pointing to his involvement with that. You're tagging something onto Saddam that you currently have no proof for.

You could probably try a lot of Western people on crimes similair to those on Dr Niles' list.

There are criminals on every corner of the world but that doesn't mean Saddam's horrible crimes against humanity should be ignored.

#66 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:47 AM

booyeah!!!! :)

Saddam had control of his country, even after defeat so I do pin the gassing on him Blue Eyes. But if your not satisfied with that then I'm sure we can find a whole laundry list of other offenses that merrit the trial and execution of Saddam Hussein.

#67 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:47 AM

Originally posted by booyeah_
Feeling bad for Saddam? Jail time? Are you confusing him with someone else? This guy didn't rob a bank, he butchered thousands and thousands of men, women and children. He's a monster that ranks up there with Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot. It's easy to feel bad for him when its not your family members who are having their genitals cut off.

I don't see anyone condoning his actions, merely imploring that the US show restraint with this. The respective governments, governmental bodies and so on of Western powers have done enough over the years to already drag themselves down to Saddam's level. It's time they took the high road.

#68 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:49 AM

we have to keep him alive to get the info...wow, Sen Lieberman just said on Fox he should get the death penalty. Lieberman!

#69 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:50 AM

I'm sure we can find a whole laundry list of other offenses that merrit the trial and execution of Saddam Hussein.

Sure go right ahead, execute him, but you'll only be scum like him.

#70 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:53 AM

Originally posted by booyeah_
There are criminals on every corner of the world but that doesn't mean Saddam's horrible crimes against humanity should be ignored.

I don't recall every saying that they should be ignored.

#71 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:54 AM

I think if you widow of one of the men he killed or mother of a child he's order killed you'd fee a bit differently,
but its like tom arnold in true lies 'the guy is a goddamn used car sales man, this **** just keeps getting better and better, well we gotta kill him thats a given.'

#72 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:58 AM

Well if SH is going to be executed and displayed by the American's on the Disney Channel, your going to get even more enemy's I can tell you.

SH has involved the world not just the USA, so SH fate should be decided by UN or the Iraqi people. This is one time that the USA should not be 'gun-hoe'.

Merry Christmas,

Cheers,

Ian

#73 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:58 AM

Originally posted by MrDraco
I think if you widow of one of the men he killed or mother of a child he's order killed you'd fee a bit differently

I probably would. But then the law works on morals and rationale, not on emotions nor personal involvement.

#74 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:59 AM

You posted "You could probably try a lot of Western people on crimes similair to those on Dr Niles' list."

And that is true(Castro pops to mind) but that statement has no relevance to Saddam's crimes, so I assumed you were trying to ignore his crimes or try to make them commonplace.

#75 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:59 AM

Well we got to intergate him before the try him or dump him in new york...

"Poltical society exists for noble actions."
"well...all i'm saying is...what the ****s that mean?"

#76 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:00 AM

I don't think so. He is a murderer of thousands.I would not be scum for killing him;that would be justified.I really don't want my tax dollars to pay for his incarceration and welfare. Iraq will kill him not the U.S.

Maybe you should stop watching Bond films then because our hero kills the bad guys in case you weren't paying attention. :)

#77 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:01 AM

I'm partly w/ Bondian. I'd like to see the fair people of Iraq try him. The same way they should of handled Molsevic(sp?), another monster.

#78 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:02 AM

That man was a threat to the National Security of the United States and the world....i think the action i suggest, is an action i can't suggest...

#79 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:04 AM

Hi booyeah_, but if they can do it in an orderly manner. There going to be very passionate obviously but the world's going to be watching and this ain't a soap opera.

Cheers,

Ian

#80 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:04 AM

Originally posted by Bondian
Well if SH is going to be executed and displayed by the American's on the Disney Channel, your going to get even more enemy's I can tell you.

You'd need a channel that rates even better then that, Bush has an election to win. He's spending about $170 million on his campaign, there's a crime for you.

booyeah_
You posted "You could probably try a lot of Western people on crimes similair to those on Dr Niles' list."

And that is true(Castro pops to mind) but that statement has no relevance to Saddam's crimes, so I assumed you were trying to ignore his crimes or try to make them commonplace.

Yes it does have relevance. When Western governments choose to seek out their own people who act in their interest but commit such crimes, then they move closer to having the right to charge and exectue foreigners on such crimes. Until then they'll remain pathetic hypocrits.

#81 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:05 AM

Saddam...umm...great. Ah, just a quick question: Where's Bin Laden?

#82 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:07 AM

There's more to worry about other than SH, what about Osama Bin-Laden. He's still at large and IS very dangerous. Ok, he's got to be the one who helped with 7/11, sorry I mean 9/11. He's the one who need's to be caught. Perhaps keep SH alive till you've cought OB-L and let them have their water pistol fight.

Cheers,

Ian

#83 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:07 AM

Maybe you should stop watching Bond films then because our hero kills the bad guys in case you weren't paying attention. :)

Almost clever, if it weren't for the fact that you've confused fantasty with real life. But a nice attempt at an arguement all the same, I'm sure you're quite proud.

And if you don't want your tax to pay for his incarceration... well its paid for everything else so you have to see it through. He's your president.

#84 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:08 AM

I hope the CIA gets its act togather and gets UBL.

#85 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:09 AM

LOL Blue Eyes,

How about a new channel?, the Bush and Blair Show.....BB.

Cheers,

Ian

#86 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:12 AM

Almost clever, if it weren't for the fact that you've confused fantasty with real life. But a nice attempt at an arguement all the same, I'm sure you're quite proud.

And if you don't want your tax to pay for his incarceration... well its paid for everything else so you have to see it through. He's your president.

are you a vet? Do you know any vets? Chances are they may have killed enemy combantants during their service. Are those veterans scum? Were the jurors, prosecutors and judges at Nuremberg, who sentenced eleven Nazi war criminals to death, scum?

#87 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:15 AM

I don't see anyone condoning his actions, merely imploring that the US show restraint with this.

Well I still would like to hear why some people actually feel sorry for this monster.

#88 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:16 AM

Yes he is and I'm glad he 'lost' the election.I don't think he's especially bright or cosmopolitan but what he lacks in intellect and worldly sophistication he makes up for in balls. 4 more years...He will be the least popular President in US history to have 2 terms. Scoreboard. :)

I was teasing about the Bond films...sorry, I thought we were having a polite disagreement. I don't wanna make enmies with the A Team. :)

#89 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:19 AM

He's spending about $170 million on his campaign, there's a crime for you.  

1)Where did you get that figure?
2)What crime would he be committing?
Just curious.

#90 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 05:21 AM

booyeah_,

Believe me mate I don't think that Daniel was being insulting. I would suggest that we all calm down now and let what's to be, be.

I just hope that ( although just announced on tv that SH will be treated as a war criminal ) he get's his 'just desert's', but is treated in a 'humane' manner. He HAS done some atrocious things but we live in a democracy and he should be able to have his say ( although information would be more appopriate ).

Cheers Mate,

Ian