49 replies to this topic

#31 phillielliot

phillielliot

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 02:27 PM

Hello there everyone,

This being my first post to this forum, may I begin with a thank you to the creator/s of this site. It's excellent.

Location, location, location. Hailing from Dublin, Ireland, and presently living in London, I really believe that Ireland is going to feature in the new movie. Dublin is one of Europe's liveliest cities at present and a tax exemption on "intellectual property production" instituted by a former Prime Minister there in the 80's has seen an influx of celebrities setting up homes and bases for the sake of their 'art'. (Believe me when I say that patriotism is not the primary reason U2 choose to live in Ireland for!).

Ardmore studios in Bray, County Wicklow has recently suffered somewhat of a slump. However, with the interior scenes of "The Tailor Of Panama" being filmed there by John Boorman last year and Disney currently filming "Reign of Fire" with Matthew McConnaughey, the studio seems to be back on top. Pierce, whom I've met in Dublin many times (I was on the set of his Irish Dreamtime produced "The Nephew"), dearly wants Bond to stamp Ireland on his passport (although this would never happen as you don't need a passport to travel between the UK and Ireland anymore!). If he persuades Barbara Broccoli and Michael G.Wilson to include a storyline involving my beautiful land, they must ensure that the political/religious issues are not included in the storyline. The reports in the newspapers about Bond getting info from an ex-IRA killer are so ludicrous that they almost gave me a hernia from laughing. Why can't he just follow a meglomaniac to Ireland and murder him. He's PC enough when it comes to women now, does he have to be PC all the time when it comes to politics as well!?!

Anyway, I'll continue this rant at another time but just let me finish by saying that if there is any justice in the world of Bond, Vic Armstrong should oversee director's duties, Simon Crane (2nd Unit Dir), Kevin Spacey (as the aforementioned meglomaniac) and Zeta-Jones as the crumpet. Oh and this will not be Pierce's last Bond. I'll bet my house on that one!
He's got an option in the contract for a reason and he knows he's typecast for the rest of his life anyway - so why not milk it while he still can!

Nice talking with you folks.

Regards,
Philip.

#32 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 28 May 2001 - 05:21 AM

I haven't been to Portugal so I can't really comment.

Having Bond in Germany would be quite a good idea. But perhaps Bond 21 so there's a bigger gap from TND.

Bond speaks German and he spent some time there. You're idea sounds good, Bond needs to be in 'impressive' places and your home town sounds just like that!

#33 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 28 May 2001 - 07:38 AM

There have been Australian location rumours for the last ten years - especially in the lead up to the Olympics. One extra thing in its favour might be that Brosnan has family here (in Sydney).
Wouldn't it be nice if the "Dikko" Henderson character could make an appearence - the Fleming version, not the Charles Gray character with the same surname. It'd be a nice role for Rod Taylor or Jack Thompson (or even George Lazenby?).

#34 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 June 2001 - 11:57 PM

Hi guys, Big Big News on the main page that I just posted. And bloody hell did it take a long time to write :)

For the full report go to: http://www.commander...stnews&page=110 it is one of my better articles I must say :)

Anyway Cardiff in Wales a possible filming location! What interesting news! And how is that castle:
Posted Image
Just the sort of place I could imagine Bond running around with his P99 drawn.

Here's another picture (not in the article I posted) that you may like:
Posted Image

Amazing place!!

So what do you all think? Anyone ever been to Cardiff? Please respond!

#35 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 26 April 2001 - 08:57 AM

Hi guys. I've posted an article in the Australian Forums that you may all want to read.

http://forums.comman...TID=11&SID=2917

It's in the forum. It's from The Times and it discusses (printed in 1998) for Michael G Wilson (producer) was considering filming the movie elsewhere because of high British tax costs. Australia seemed like the best alternative. This was of course for full studio filming. But it shows that producers have considered Australia, and they consider quite a few things over and over before they use it so who knows!! :)

#36 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 May 2001 - 12:30 PM

Blue Eyes (28 May, 2001 02:04 p.m.):
George Lazenby would just be corny and Paul Hogan has the wrong style. Sorry Nexus, but I prefer Persians choices. They fit the bill much better.

Tell me, why suggest an Australian actor? I haven't come across Henderson in the novels. Was he apparently Australian?

Henderson is definately Aussie and appears in the YOLT novel. Paul Hogan has done semi-serious roles before. He was in a Aussie tv mini-series in the 80's called ANZACS. If Cleese can turn up in a 007 movie, then why can't Hogan ?. Also, Lazenby's got that tough Aussie he-man aura about him that could fit Henderson to a tee. You should read the novel...

#37 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 June 2001 - 12:10 AM

Jacques Nexus (06 Jun, 2001 01:38 p.m.):
If EON is seriously considering locations in Cardiff, wouldn't you expect Wilson to be there too ?.

Not necessarily. He may be busy or checking out another location. If it's only under consideration she could then recommend that he go there.

#38 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 May 2001 - 01:02 PM

You musn't use them too much Nexus otherwise you wouldn't give them away so easily!! lol ;p

#39 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 May 2001 - 06:05 AM

We'll leave that alone now :) and discuss Bond 20 locations!!

#40 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 28 April 2001 - 11:27 PM

Jacques Nexus (28 Apr, 2001 11:46 a.m.):
Keep plugging for Australia Blue Eyes. Surely they will come down here someday ? (although they should maintain their base in Britain. MOONRAKER & LTK both suffered as a result of filming in foreign studios). 007 has been to outer space but not OZ. It's an INJUSTICE !!!!!.

It's beyond an injustice, it's a damn sin!!! Especially seeing there is such a huge fan base in Australia.

That aside, LTK and MR were both dogged by foreign studios but it recent rumours that have come across my desk are true a foreign studio may have to be used. So let's see what happens.

#41 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 12:38 PM

The pix of the castle and the Millennium Stadium look good and the locations would suit a 007 movie. Is Wilson going to Cardiff with Broccoli ?. If EON is seriously considering locations in Cardiff, wouldn't you expect Wilson to be there too ?.

#42 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 May 2001 - 11:21 PM

Does YOLT have Australia mentioned in it? I feel stupid not knowing that :)

#43 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 28 May 2001 - 01:04 PM

George Lazenby would just be corny and Paul Hogan has the wrong style. Sorry Nexus, but I prefer Persians choices. They fit the bill much better.

Tell me, why suggest an Australian actor? I haven't come across Henderson in the novels. Was he apparently Australian?

#44 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 30 April 2001 - 02:57 AM

I can't imagine it going to America - the reason is something to do with the strikes in America though I can't say too much right now. So it would seem that Australia, New Zealand and perhaps a few other Eurpoean countries (though none are really as huge on filming right now as NZ and Oz are) would be viable alternatives.

#45 007_Fanatic

007_Fanatic

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 May 2001 - 07:12 PM

I agree that Bond 20 should stay away from the snow and cold climate and be located on somewhere warm. Jamaica sounds good but the series has been there on many occasions through the years. Australia sounds OK, but funny enough nobody in here has mentioned the South Pacific and the islands surrounding Tonga or Fiji. It's warm there, great location for underwater sequences - and the villain's hideaway could be based on one of the islands in the South Pacific - far away from human population, that's just the thing most villain's want.

#46 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 04 June 2001 - 06:12 PM

Hallo Daniel,
In this translation of the German newspaper article I made a mistake. In the article was said: "a spokeman of the 007 production firm approved that..." and not "a spokeman of MGM..."

I've just read that you think about this, but it was a mistake. I was in hurry and so I read "production firm" but I wrote MGM, because alwasy if i think on a Bond production firm I think on MGM, I don't know why...!

In one small extract they mentioned also the idea of Robbie becoming Bond, but I thought that it is nonsens, because of Debbie McWilliams' statement.

Hope, you aren't angry, it was a just a mistake...!

Regards, Tim
www.the007generation.de

#47 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 June 2001 - 10:40 PM

Don't worry Tim, I'll correct it now with an update :) Thanks for letting me know.

So I wonder if that validates it anymore? It's got a stronger relevance.

#48 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 12 May 2001 - 10:37 PM

Just a thought. If McClory's rival James Bond series goes ahead it will have Blofeld having an extensive underground layer in Australia. I wonder if EON would try and beat him to the country by placing Bond 20 there?

#49 007_Fanatic

007_Fanatic

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 11:21 PM

Blue Eyes (04 Jun, 2001 12:57 a.m.):
Hi guys, Big Big News on the main page that I just posted. And bloody hell did it take a long time to write :)

For the full report go to: http://www.commander...stnews&page=110 it is one of my better articles I must say :)

Anyway Cardiff in Wales a possible filming location! What interesting news! And how is that castle:
Posted Image
Just the sort of place I could imagine Bond running around with his P99 drawn.

Here's another picture (not in the article I posted) that you may like:
Posted Image

Amazing place!!

So what do you all think? Anyone ever been to Cardiff? Please respond!

Yes, I have been to Cardiff, and it's a very nice place. Cardiff Castle is Ok, but it's right in the middle of the city. Anyway, there is a small town in South Wales called Tenby. Now, that would be a good location for Bond 20, because just of the beach there is a very small island - and on top of it is an old building. (To me it looks like Alcatraz) But a good spot for a villain's hideaway. There is another island on the other side of the town, and there is an old monastery on it. And another thing, when its really hot in the summer, the place is like paradise.... palm trees, blue sea, a long stretch beach.If only Barbara Broccoli knew about it. It's definitely worth a look.

#50 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 11:58 PM

Wow! It's great to see some great posts and some new members! Fantastic!! I'll reply to Jacky first!

For starters what a fantastic view you must have! The castle is beautiful!

Wales could be a strong possibility. Not necessarily for a major scene though. In The World Is Not Enough they travelled to Scotland. I'm guessing that they move to such close places because of costs. It's a lot easier to take filming gear around one country than it is to a whole other country, especially for a smaller scene.

This Millenium Stadium sounds interesting.
Posted Image

I'm having trouble finding an outside picture. But it looks very modern. It could also be used I guess. To what extent, I don't know.

Tell me, are there any impressive buildings in Cardiff? In Tomorrow Never Dies Elliot Carvers offices in Hamburg is actually the IBM headquarters. There is always that possibility.

You were lucky to meet Llwellyn. Such a sad death. I can't even find his biography anywhere in store in Australia :)

Could luck with your digging. Be sure to e-mail me at [email protected] if you need any help or have anything to report :)

Cheers, Blue Eyes