40 replies to this topic

#31 The Cat

The Cat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:29 AM

For the last time, there is NO GoldenEye rejected score. The answers have been posted over and over again but the myth keeps on living - it's impossible to kill it..

#32 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

For the last time, there is NO GoldenEye rejected score. The answers have been posted over and over again but the myth keeps on living - it's impossible to kill it..

That's all fine and good, but is there a GoldenEye rejected score or not?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :cooltongue:

#33 Wade

Wade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

That's all fine and good, but is there a GoldenEye rejected score or not?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :cooltongue:

:D

Edited by Wade, 04 March 2011 - 03:53 PM.

#34 Diabolik

Diabolik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

Interesting bit of news indeed. Like Serra, this Lewis character thought that the Bond theme had been used to death. When I hear it throughout Arnold's scores, I sink in my seat. Haven't the Bond films grown up enough to not ALWAYS lean on that bloody OVERUSED theme?

Ummm, Kingdom, have you seen the last two Bond films?? Arnold hardly uses it at all and even then, only to punctuate.

#35 The Cat

The Cat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

Interesting bit of news indeed. Like Serra, this Lewis character thought that the Bond theme had been used to death. When I hear it throughout Arnold's scores, I sink in my seat. Haven't the Bond films grown up enough to not ALWAYS lean on that bloody OVERUSED theme?

Ummm, Kingdom, have you seen the last two Bond films?? Arnold hardly uses it at all and even then, only to punctuate.

And now check the date of the quoted post... Waiting... :) And just to re-iterate, no rejected GoldenEye score.

#36 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

Lol...you guys crack me up. So what your saying cat is that there is no rejected Goldeneye score? There is, Ive seen it and it was composed by Toto.

I kid i kid.....

Can this thread...after 8 years...finally die? :)

The score is a myth.

Rich

#37 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

Yes.

And Serra's is a legend.

;)

#38 agent007jb

agent007jb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:27 PM

I thought I might thrown in a bit of trivia about this "rejected" score. If anyone watches the spy TV show "Archer" on FX, you will hear snippets of this "rejected" goldeneye score (or Library music) within the series. I heard a small portion of it, but thought my ears were playing tricks on me. Then another episode started out by quoting another piece from this "soundtrack". Anyway, i'd be curious if there are any other Archer fans out there and if they also picked up on this. I tried to see if it was mentioned anywhere.

#39 Rich Douglas

Rich Douglas

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Holy s*** snacks... another Archer fan :). Love the show.. will definitely be listening more closely for bits of this crazy music.

#40 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:30 AM

Count me as a fan too.

I'd be interested in hearing more specfics if you could provide them, agent007jb.

#41 agent007jb

agent007jb

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Yeah i was scanning through episodes the other night and there is no question that the show sometimes borrows from the same library music that is supposed to be "GoldenEye Rejected". I only started watching, but I love the show. I'll post episodes as my ears pick up on the cues. Two that come to mind are:

Season 3, Episode 6 (Bloody Ferlin) - Archer must help Ray save his younger brother from a crooked sheriff in the backwoods of West Virginia. Right at the beginning of the episode you can hear some of the piano heard in the goldeneye rejected track (Statue Graveyard). The rejected cue runs 3:14 for those bootlegs that have no titles.

Season 3, Episode 8 (Skin Game) - Archer is faced with a dilemma when his murdered fiancée, Katya, miraculously reappears. In Krieger's lab. Right at the beginning of the episode you can hear the music from the goldeneye rejected track [/background](Ourumov At Severnaya). The rejected cue runs 1:32 seconds for those bootlegs that have no titles.

I know there was another quote of music heard in either the first or second episode of season 1. When my friend introduced the show to me we watched the first two episodes and i SWORE i heard that music. After obtaining the whole series, the tracks I mentioned above were without question from the same library music. Now i know that the original goldeneye rejected tracks were not named, and I used the tracks from the guy who designed the cover artwork I posted above.

Edited by agent007jb, 28 April 2012 - 01:38 PM.