Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 07:18 AM

Pierce Brosnan & Michelle Yeoh return in:

GENERAL DRAGON

A sequel to DR NO & TOMORROW NEVER DIES. Colonel Wai Lin is investigating the activities of fiendish Chinese villain General Dragon Venga Nu-Yok of the Peoples Liberation Army. Dragon (half Manchurian, half Mongolian; a direct descendent of Genghiz Khan) is Head of Security for a Top Secret Chinese Military project which will ensure China's long term defence against a foreign ballistic missile attack (the Chinese are genuinely concerned with the proposed U.S. Missile Defence Shield).

The scheme involves an updated and more powerful version of Dr No's rocket 'toppling' technology. Via a chain of global satellites the Chinese hope to attain the capability to transmit interference signals into any country which launches an attack against her. An attempted attack will fail because the signals will jam the missile's guidance system causing it to crash upon launch (with dire consequences for the aggressor if the warhead explodes) or perhaps re-directing the missile to new co-ordinates. If at war with China, other nations will no longer have the capability for launching missiles successfully, whether on land or at sea.

The System is designed for 'defence' but obviously China's potential enemies (that's us) will be stripped of an effective deterent. The West will still have the ability to retaliate via bombers but it could be too little too late.

The New System is weeks away from activation. Dragon is a renegade planning to seize control of the Chinese High Command. Upon completion of his objective, Dragon will launch a nuclear strike against a select few targets in the West and in Russia. When retaliation comes China will be capable of absorbing huge losses. With the New System operational, Dragon is confident he can win a limited nuclear war. The rest of the world will have to surrender and accept Dragon's control....

DefCon 3:
Serpents in Paradise

James bond is on assignment at a place called Broome, on the north west coast of Australia. It's one of the most beautiful tropical resorts in the world and Bond is there trailing a Russian Chinese scientist named Dr Nicolai Prang. Prang is the top brain behind the New Chinese Missile Defence System and he and his entourage have stopped over in Broome for a very short vacation, after a scientific symposium in Sydney Australia.

007 improvises a cover by 'hooking up' with a fantastic athletic woman named Sheila Australis (imagine Tania Zaetta), who he meets at the hotel bar (she's holidaying from Perth, Western Australia- the author's home town !). Things get quite annoying for 007 when he discovers Wai Lin is also part of the entourage !. Some action takes place underwater, on the beach and in the mangrove swamp that surrounds the resort as Bond plays a cat and mouse game with Wai Lin and the other Chinese heavies to stay one step ahead of her and not get recognised.

Prang isn't here totally for fun and games and still has some work to do to perfect his brainchild. At one particular moment he is on the beach (not alone of course) and is using his laptop computer monitoring a test of the New System that is actually taking place at that moment. A Chinese satellite is positioned above a Chinese Missile base and a launch takes place. While the missile is in flight the satellite emits a jamming signal which causes it to crash. Prang is very happy with the test and 007 notices the laptop and decides to break into Prang's hotel suite that night to download data from the laptop.

Bond is caught in the act and is about to be shot in the head by one of the heavies when Wai Lin appears. She is shocked to see 007 and pretends not to know him while convincing the heavy to stay his hand and let her do the deed. Wai Lin tells Bond that the data he's trying to steal is Chinese Government property and promptly shoots him !!.........

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 April 2001 - 07:01 AM

I just think the humour wouldn't have worked, it seems pretty 'sick' considering.

#3 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 07 April 2001 - 12:42 PM

I'm a big Star Wars fan but I don't like Star Trek.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 10:29 AM

Wow - I finally got around to reading it. Quite a good idea. You should write a treatment and drop it off into the Fan section for Fan Fiction, it would be great to have some activity in there!! :)

I like the idea of one of the Bond girls dying. Personally I feel it would be Wai Lin. She just seems like the type who is patriotic enough to die for her country and the freedom of the world!!

#5 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 April 2001 - 11:55 AM

You are right again Blue Eyes. We won't see a Chinese villain in Bond 20. EON is never interested in doing follow-ups to it's storys. Each film is self-contained and not connected to each other. The Star Trek and Star Wars franchises are amazing with their continuity. Are you a Star Wars fan ?. Episode 2 is shaping up to be a beauty. Apparently the climax has hundreds of Jedi; I can't wait to see that. How about a Bond movie with a bunch of Double-0's fighting it out ?. That may turn up in a future story I'll write and send in to you. Meantime watch out for my scenario #4. Happy reading.
Au revoir form Nexus.

#6 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 18 April 2001 - 08:31 PM

It's no hoax! True, they never filmed such an ending, but this was the ending that Feirstein wanted@!

My best friend has been receiving scriptwriting advice from Feirstein (on a certain condition: don't pitch him Bond ideas) and asked him why he didn't like TWINE. Feirstein responded in a detailed email message that my friend still has a copy of. He's looking for it and when he sends it to me, I'll post it here.

Any more questions?

Dave

#7 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 07 April 2001 - 03:53 AM

Jacques Nexus (06 Apr, 2001 02:32 p.m.):
I forgot to mention something in my last message. You are right that Wai Lin is the girl who should die. Her death would have greater impact and I gave a hint to that in my Kaotica Wang bio.

When you consider Bond 20 is the 40th anniversary film then relating it to Dr No does make some sense (including having a Chinese villain).

Catch you later.

Clever :) A man after my own heart. However, we might not see Bond with a Chinese/Asian villain. Look at China right now, it might not help 'official' relations :)

#8 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 09 April 2001 - 02:10 AM

Blue Eyes (08 Apr, 2001 11:47 p.m.):
Yes I'd love them to allow the villain to live. It would have been great to see Renard return in another film. Bond had to kill Elektra - it was called for. But if somehow Renard had escaped it would have been brilliant!

According to Feirstein, Bond didn't have to kill Elektra. It's kind of complicated, but basically what he wanted to do is have Bond hand over the gun to M and tell her that she started it, so she should finish it. At the end, it'd cut to an asylum, where Bond meets Elektra, who's convinced she's in love with him. It ends with a shot of Bond walking out into a London autumn.

Dave

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 April 2001 - 10:47 PM

Yes I'd love them to allow the villain to live. It would have been great to see Renard return in another film. Bond had to kill Elektra - it was called for. But if somehow Renard had escaped it would have been brilliant!

#10 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 08 April 2001 - 02:32 PM

That is another great scenario! They're really good.

#11 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 08 April 2001 - 12:30 PM

It would be great to see out of the Brosnan films the return of Xenia Onatopp, Dr Kaufman and Elektra King; an awesome combination in one movie.

This tradition of killing off every villain in recent decades is probably because they are not memorable to the general public. They only recall Goldfinger, Oddjob and Jaws. It's sad but at least for us we love it and that is what counts in the end.

Forgive me but I must stop before I start to cry.........

#12 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 01 May 2001 - 12:32 PM

For anyone interested, I have posted a really exciting update to my "CAPTAIN DRAGON" 007 scenario. Just go back to fields 1 & 2 and E-N-J-O-Y !!!!!.

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 09 April 2001 - 03:50 AM

rubixcub (09 Apr, 2001 03:10 a.m.):

Blue Eyes (08 Apr, 2001 11:47 p.m.):

According to Feirstein, Bond didn't have to kill Elektra. It's kind of complicated, but basically what he wanted to do is have Bond hand over the gun to M and tell her that she started it, so she should finish it. At the end, it'd cut to an asylum, where Bond meets Elektra, who's convinced she's in love with him. It ends with a shot of Bond walking out into a London autumn.

Dave

Wow that is awesome. I didn't know that. That is perfect!!! That would have been a much better ending. Bond killing her was still good, it showed that he could do his job as it had to be done and not let his heart get in the way. But that ending would have been a hell of a lot better. Plus to see Barbara Mawdsley with a gun would have been tripping :)!

#14 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 April 2001 - 11:13 AM

My goodness, this stuff I'm reading is great.

You know, Bruce Feirstein is pretty good at polishing the Bond scripts (as well as Dana Stevens who did the 2nd draft). His alternative ending to TWINE is a cracker. That scene is great for 'M' but emascalates 007 a bit. In my mind it's a toss up which scenario works the best.

007 has a licence to kill and so I guess he should use it. Perhaps the alternative ending was dreamed up because the producers thought it wasn't politically correct to cold bloodedly kill an unarmed woman ?. Connery would never have been allowed to get away with it in the sixties; to murder a man would have passed the censors but not a woman ? (see Dr No).

If I recall, 007 killed Elektra because she disobeyed Bond to order Renard to dive. So maybe it isn't a cold blooded kill as I thought (he's doing his job).

Still though, having the camera zooming in on Elektra's haunted eyes at the end of the film would be chilling !!!!!.

#15 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 01:32 PM

I forgot to mention something in my last message. You are right that Wai Lin is the girl who should die. Her death would have greater impact and I gave a hint to that in my Kaotica Wang bio.

When you consider Bond 20 is the 40th anniversary film then relating it to Dr No does make some sense (including having a Chinese villain).

Catch you later.

#16 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 11:54 AM

Well Nexus just try copy and pasting you're story. If I move it the whole thing will disappear possibly so I'd rather not risk it. Highlight your text and choose Copy. But you probably know that function :)

#17 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 21 April 2001 - 07:42 AM

Blue Eyes (18 Apr, 2001 08:00 a.m.):
I just think the humour wouldn't have worked, it seems pretty 'sick' considering.

Regarding my "She was Elektra-cuted" gag:
Why is it 'sick' ?. You aren't serious are you ?. This is a 007 movie. Why are you taking TWINE too seriously. There's nothing wrong with a joke at the expense of the villain who has just died. Connery did it in GOLDFINGER don't forget. My gag is far removed from the Maiden's Tower and would not have affected the impact of Elektra's death. In my scenario #6 part 4 I've got one in that. Read it and tell me what you think.

#18 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 April 2001 - 11:21 AM

Just remembered something. Remember that closing song on the TWINE soundtrack CD that was ditched ?. Well it would have worked wonders after Bond leaves that asylum. I love it , sort of sounds like it comes from the private eye genre.

Bye bye for now.

#19 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 09 April 2001 - 11:47 PM

Yeah "Only Myself To Blame" is a fascinating song. It's hard to tell where it's coming from. I mean, are these James Bond's private thoughts?

Does anyone have a copy of Feirsteins draft? I've only got Dana Stevens which is pretty good on it's own. Looking at the deleted scenes and all.

Yeah and these forums are really working, I mean look at some of the trivia we're all learning :)

#20 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 April 2001 - 11:43 PM

rubixcub (18 Apr, 2001 09:31 p.m.):
It's no hoax!  True, they never filmed such an ending, but this was the ending that Feirstein wanted@!

My best friend has been receiving scriptwriting advice from Feirstein (on a certain condition:  don't pitch him Bond ideas) and asked him why he didn't like TWINE.  Feirstein responded in a detailed email message that my friend still has a copy of.  He's looking for it and when he sends it to me, I'll post it here.

Any more questions?

Dave

I believe you Dave :) Try and get it asap :)

#21 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 12:47 AM

Jacques Nexus (09 Apr, 2001 12:13 p.m.):
My goodness, this stuff I'm reading is great.

You know, Bruce Feirstein is pretty good at polishing the Bond scripts (as well as Dana Stevens who did the 2nd draft). His alternative ending to TWINE is a cracker. That scene is great for 'M' but emascalates 007 a bit. In my mind it's a toss up which scenario works the best.

007 has a licence to kill and so I guess he should use it. Perhaps the alternative ending was dreamed up because the producers thought it wasn't politically correct to cold bloodedly kill an unarmed woman ?. Connery would never have been allowed to get away with it in the sixties; to murder a man would have passed the censors but not a woman ? (see Dr No).

If I recall, 007 killed Elektra because she disobeyed Bond to order Renard to dive. So maybe it isn't a cold blooded kill as I thought (he's doing his job).

Still though, having the camera zooming in on Elektra's haunted eyes at the end of the film would be chilling !!!!!.

Actually, the ending they used was at the producers' urging. They wanted Bond to be more ruthless, and Feirstein disagreed. Feirstein wanted to use the alternate ending of Bond not killing Elektra, and the producers didn't allow it. Basically Feirstein's argument was that, once she's ordered Renard to dive, she no longer has any bearing on the plot- it's in Renard's hands now, completely, so Bond doesn't have to kill her. I'll see if I can get my best friend to send me the exact words of the message (which was from Feirstein himself, mind you).

Dave

#22 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 04:45 AM

rubixcub (10 Apr, 2001 01:47 a.m.):
Actually, the ending they used was at the producers' urging.  They wanted Bond to be more ruthless, and Feirstein disagreed.  Feirstein wanted to use the alternate ending of Bond not killing Elektra, and the producers didn't allow it.  Basically Feirstein's argument was that, once she's ordered Renard to dive, she no longer has any bearing on the plot- it's in Renard's hands now, completely, so Bond doesn't have to kill her.  I'll see if I can get my best friend to send me the exact words of the message (which was from Feirstein himself, mind you).

Dave

It would be great if you could get us that Dave!! I feel that it was good to see the ruthless Bond at the end of the film - a bit more like a Connery Bond. However, I also think that it wasn't 100% necessary to kill Elektra basically because Bond had already killed her security cheif (sorry I can't think of his name right now).

#23 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 12:21 PM

I'm starting to wonder whether this alternative ending business is really a hoax ????.

Still, if Feirstein got his way it would have emascalated 007 (if 007 doesn't back up his threats then he's useless). I could imagine Roger Moore handing his gun over to 'M', but not Brosnan. Sure, Elektra was no longer a threat, but she could have escaped from the asylum in future.....thumbs down....ELEKTRA MUST DIE !!!.

P.S. Hey Blue Eyes what's the fan stories board ?. I can't locate it (I thought I was using it). Anyway watch out for the sixth Nexus James Bond thriller:

TEARS IN THE EYE OF EVIL

Coming to a computer near you Easter time 2001

STANDBY FOR MAXIMUM EXCITEMENT !!!!

#24 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 02 April 2001 - 11:20 PM

Nexus I'll read it as soon as I can, it's a lot to read! You've put a lot of work into it I'm sure.

When you get the chance, dont' forget the existance of our Fan Stories board - there isn't much going on there and I'd love to start some topics. It's in the special interests categories.

#25 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Blue Eyes for your comments. Glad to hear you like it. I've got other storys to contribute and I'll drop them in to your fan fiction area. With the tension between China & the U.S. I can't believe how timely my story has become. Maybe Elliot Carver is behind it ?. Also, is it possible for you to transfer this story to the fan fiction area without the need to re-type it ?.

As far as providing more detailed treatments I don't think I can. I'm not good at it but anyone is welcome to play around with them as long they credit me for the original idea.

Bye for now.

#26 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 01:36 PM

I'VE MADE SOME CHANGES TO MY 2ND SCENARIO:

TITLE: General Dragon

NATIONALITY: half Manchurian, half Mongolian; a direct descendent of Genghiz Khan

HENCHMEN: Fat Kong & Major Kaotica Wang

THREE ACTS: DefCon 3- Serpents in Paradise....Defcon 2- St George and the Dragon....DefCon 1- Operation Domination

#27 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 April 2001 - 07:09 AM

Again, on the subject of TWINE's alternative ending:

How about a tag scene after 007 leaves the asylum where he meets up with Xmas Jones and she asks him how the meeting went and 007 answers, "It was truly...Elektra-fying !!".

Or on the sub after Elektra is killed Jones asks 007 what happened to her, he answers, "She was Elektra-cuted (executed)".

Don't all laugh at once.....

#28 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 14 April 2001 - 06:02 AM

Sorry Nexus, I don't agree with your laugh lines. They would have taken the seriousness out of the situations - which was meant to have a fair deal of impact. If Elektra had lived and ended up in the asylum then we'd have had chills running through our skin.

Any luck in sourcing the quote straigth from Bruce Feirstein?

#29 Jacques Nexus

Jacques Nexus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 April 2001 - 12:05 PM

[quote]Blue Eyes (14 Apr, 2001 07:02 a.m.):
Sorry Nexus, I don't agree with your laugh lines. They would have taken the seriousness out of the situations - which was meant to have a fair deal of impact. If Elektra had lived and ended up in the asylum then we'd have had chills running through our skin.

You are right about the ending. That's just a joke on my part. Still, to have a chilling ending may have harmed the Box Office. You know what the general public expects from a Bond movie....a funny and happy ending.

As far as my gag on the sub is concerned I believe the movie has switched into adventure mode again at this stage so Brosnan could have got away with it (there are other funny moments in it don't forget).

#30 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 08 April 2001 - 05:45 AM

Jacques Nexus (07 Apr, 2001 12:55 p.m.):
You are right again Blue Eyes. We won't see a Chinese villain in Bond 20. EON is never interested in doing follow-ups to it's storys. Each film is self-contained and not connected to each other. The Star Trek and Star Wars franchises are amazing with their continuity. Are you a Star Wars fan ?. Episode 2 is shaping up to be a beauty. Apparently the climax has hundreds of Jedi; I can't wait to see that. How about a Bond movie with a bunch of Double-0's fighting it out ?. That may turn up in a future story I'll write and send in to you. Meantime watch out for my scenario #4. Happy reading.
Au revoir form Nexus.

I think it's quite sad that a lot of the Bond films don't run into eachother. I loved the Connery/Lazenby era where we were always after Spectre and Blofeld. It would be great to have that back. We could speculate a hell of a lot more and I think it would make fans generally more interested if the baddy got away to come back for the sequel :)

I'm a Star Wars fan yes, I like Star Trek but I'm not devoted :) I'm really looking forward to Episode II and I've read heaps about it. I wish we could speculate as much about Bond as we could about Star Wars.!