8 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:17 PM

One thing I can't stand is people that say.. Roger did non of his own stunts.. and his stuntman was almost as important then roger:mad:

I think Roger gets this "slam".. because he is the ONLY Bond to respect the stuntmen.. and give them love & respect to risk their lives... to make a great movie! Roger was all class to let people know their is hard workers ..there is a crew.. and yes there is stuntmen!

** EVERYONE must know.. that every Bond does about the same amounth of stunts! Because The Bond Movies wouldn't get INSURED! there is insurance on every film.. and you can't have your Lead actor being hurt or die! they film these movies out of order.. so if a Lead actor has broken nose OR a leg.. they couldn't shoot close-ups or anything.. IF your lead is HURT!! :) DUH:rolleyes:

But "They" act like Roger just does his closeups.. and everything else is a Stuntman?

"They" also act like EVERY OTHER Bond Actor is like "Jackie Chan" and do everything?

Most people act like Sean is mr. macho..

** Watch Goldfinger... Sean's Third Bond film.. still young.. no problems.. BUT BUT BUT Sean uses his stuntman for the smallest/stupidest reasons!

#1 example: If you watch the fight with Bond (sean) & Odd Job at the end of the movie.. Sean used his stuntman for when Odd Job grabs him and pushes him into the wall & Bond's lightly hits his shoulder hits the wall???? :)

WHY would you need a stuntman to be pushed into a wall? Again remember this is Sean's 3rd 007 Film..

* there is a ton of examples or stupid ..NOT even "Stunts" where Sean used his stuntman?

------

I think is all comes down to Roger is the ONLY Bond to totally respect the art of being a stuntman.. and gives them love & respect.. :):cool:

NOT like the other Bonds.. which act like they never use a Stuntman..

total BS!:)

I can list ALL the other Bonds.. and aweful / stupid places they used their stuntdouble.

:)

#2 homerjbond

homerjbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:52 PM

I agree with you on Roger.

As for GF, I heard Sean hurt his back during the scene with Oddjob, so the parts with the stuntman doing menial thing (pushed against the wall) might have been after he was hurt.

#3 Simon Templar

Simon Templar

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:53 PM

Just consider Roger wasn't a very strong man and didn't have as much muscles as Sean had.

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:38 PM

Originally posted by Simon Templar
Just consider Roger wasn't a very strong man and didn't have as much muscles as Sean had.

WHAT???
wow this makes NO sense?:)

IF sean is mr muscle man.. WHY couldn't he be nudge into a wall in his third bond film? Why would he use a stuntdouble for that..?? Watch that whole movie.. everyone can tell his double because their hair doesn't match.. and WE see that double allot for "non stunts"

Hey I can see in sean or anyones last few.. but your 3rd?

IF you watch the DVD Featurette The Stuntmen seem to think Roger was the best/most athletic.

#5 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 11:21 PM

Sean Connery was a former Mr. Universe. The fighting style between Sean and Roger was different. Sean would just let his fists fly and if he connected with a stuntman too bad. Roger on the other hand did what an actor is supposed to do and went out of his way to avoid hitting the stuntmen.

Maybe the stuntmen should have taken a page out of Seans book and decked Connery a couple of times....

#6 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 04:50 PM

forget 007..

I think Roger is really the only actor I can think of that praises the stuntmen! It seems every actor / producer wants to pretend that they do everything.. well close to everything

I heard last night on ET yet another actor pretending that the stunts were hard on them..

:)

everyone does the same exact amount.. there is NO way the movie would be insured

whoelse loves that typical "new paper release" of an actor getting bruised doing a stunt..

yea right!:) just a "PR Move" to make the movie look more intense and your lead actor being macho...

all BS;)

#7 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 06:37 PM

if you listen to some they say in a view to a kill roger used stuntmen just to walk across the street, which is not so, i did not see a lot more doubling in a view then i did in any other he did, yes there were stuntmen in a view to a kill but it was no more then any other roger/bond film

#8 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 07:03 PM

Tim Dalton did most of his own stunts, within reason and that's part of what made his films believable. Check out Goldeneye in the pretitle-there is a terrible shot of a stunt guy after Bond escapes from the firing squad down the conveyer belt to the outside. It was a mickey Mouse stunt-no risk at all and it's so blatantly not Pierce.Awful!

Roger was very simpactico but not a very physical actor. He was tall but not too athletic and his fighting skills looked really pedestrian. he could ski though, unlike PB. :)

#9 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 09:36 PM

personally I dont mind that roger might have used a stuntdouble a couple more times in AVTAK..

what do "some" expect? The man was 57!!! I mean big deal.. the guy did allot on his own... plus when they make Indiana Jones Part 4 in a year Harrison Ford will be around 61 or so.. He of course is going to use a stuntdouble more NOW then he did in Raiders of the lost ark?? The move was made over 21 years ago..

it is only human to slow down when you get older...:)

Arnold doesn't even do all his stunts! in T2 or T3..

why would he? He is an older man.. who would expect him to?