9 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 05:53 AM

Everytime I watch a Roger 007 Film.. I get the feeling maybe it is just the way he acts..but I feel Roger seems like the BEST SHOT!

Just the way he holds the gun.. and stares you down..then pulls the trigger!!

It seemed the older Bond got (Roger).. Roger thought that hey I can't let these bullets waste! I must become a better shot then anyone esle with a gun or machine gun :)

Just watch Roger's last few Bond Films.. he seems to always go for a guys head.. OR with not much movement.. just POP a guy.. headshots or right in the middle of their chests!!:eek::mad::):cool:

If you piss of Roger's 007.. he will just take you out quick!

has anyone else ever got this feeling.. when they watch the later Roger Bond films???

#2 Dr.Carl Mortner

Dr.Carl Mortner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 06:01 AM

I don't claim to be a gun-nut, but I think Moore at least HELD his PPK better than the other Bonds. Being in the military, the guy must have had a lot of experience with guns, even though he claimed to be scared of them ever since having a rifle go off in his face after WW2.

Incidentally, I think Roger's bell-bottoms era gunbarrel reveals the most realistic way to point and shoot a gun.

#3 Dr.Carl Mortner

Dr.Carl Mortner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 06:03 AM

Did I say AFTER WW2? Sorry, I meant "during."

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 06:06 AM

thats very cool.. I never notice that or thought of it like that.. but your right.. I am going to check that closer next time..

but very true if roger had a chance to pause and aim.. your done! he seemed to always try for your head or upper chest/face area..

#5 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:33 AM

Okay. Firstly its a movie. :) Secondly anyone who knows jack about guns knows the old western style one hander might look good on film and usually results in the shooter missing the broad side of a barn...

Roger didn't serve in WW2, and he was an officer, i don't even think he was an infantry man. He said he spent most of his time having tea bought to him... If it's of any importance Connery was in the Navy. And Lazenby served in the Australian Army

#6 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 07:46 AM

Originally posted by 1q2w3e4r
Okay.  

Roger didn't serve in WW2, and he was an officer, i don't even think he was an infantry man....  If it's of any importance Connery was in the Navy.  And Lazenby served in the Australian Army

And Pierce was part of the "Don't ask..Don't tell" division of the army :)

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 11:12 AM

Originally posted by Dr.Carl Mortner

Incidentally, I think Roger's bell-bottoms era gunbarrel reveals the most realistic way to point and shoot a gun.

Even though I love Roger Moore's James Bond portrayal I have to disagree...

When I was in the military I was taught to kneel when firing a pistol, it makes you a smaller target.

#8 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 02:10 PM

well i like the way roger handles the gun, always have, but i have to say seeing pierce handle his p99 in his movies is good to, i just dont think his opening gunbarrel scene is all that great or realistic

#9 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 03:34 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
well i like the way roger handles the gun, always have, but i have to say seeing pierce handle his p99 in his movies is good to, i just dont think his opening gunbarrel scene is all that great or realistic

It's not....

#10 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 03:40 PM

Really the only Bond actor who shows he really knows how to fire a gun was George Lazenby. Taking a knee in the gunbarrel is what a properly trained marksman would do in that situation.