Die another day? game?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Alec_006

Alec_006

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:04 PM

I don't understand this, if Die another day was realesed in 2002, why EA don't launch the game Die another instead of Everything or Nothing, that would be better, I think that pass a lot time, and time to launch the game of Die another day. you don't think that.?

Alec.

#2 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:06 PM

Games based on films tend not to work to well unless you get it right. It seems EA have decided they are better off creating original games so that they have more freedom and thus can make better games - yeah right.

#3 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:22 PM

someone needs to take the bond games away from EA, before they kill it completely

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:27 PM

Do any of the game buffs have any recommendations of who could do the games better?

Actually, playing SpyHunter the other day I couldn't help but think "I wish the Bond games were like this".

So Midway could do the driving levels but who would be a good choice for the rest of the game?

Actually when all's said and done, I'm still looking forward to this game, bullet time and all.

#5 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:52 PM

EA is doing a great job! A DAD game would be cool.

#6 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 11:53 PM

Welcome to CBn, Alec_006.

#7 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 12:02 AM

EA games, did they do the nintendo version of Goldeneye and The World Is Not Enough..I liked booth them but Nightfire...I couldn't even get to work on computer so i have bought any others i hate how you have to switch systems all the time! i might get a PS2 and start playing again

#8 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 12:35 AM

Rare did GoldenEye and EA has done every other Bond game since.

#9 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 12:41 AM

The only Bond game that EA made that I haven't liked so far was TND - although, I've never played the TWINE game for Playstation, which I've heard isn't great. I'm looking forward to EON, though, and wish that they could've made a DAD game.

#10 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 01:40 AM

the world is not enough on playstation was great, (still play it) i thought, but TND...oh my god it was dreadful, awful

#11 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 10:45 AM

i liked that blackjack level on TWINE for playstation. great little original idea for a bond level. wish the games had more little things like this instead of endless shooting or driving levels.

#12 FrozenBullet007

FrozenBullet007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 10:06 AM

I reckon that EoN will succeed where TND failed

#13 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 11:25 AM

Originally posted by FrozenBullet007
I reckon that EoN will succeed where TND failed

as a bond game fan....i sure hope so, but hearing brosnans voice and seeing his face will make it so much more real for the game fan

#14 rayzor09

rayzor09

Cadet

• Crew
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:36 PM

Originally posted by Tanger
Do any of the game buffs have any recommendations of who could do the games better?

Actually, playing SpyHunter the other day I couldn't help but think "I wish the Bond games were like this".

So Midway could do the driving levels but who would be a good choice for the rest of the game?

Actually when all's said and done, I'm still looking forward to this game, bullet time and all.

Acually, Tanger, Midway wanted to release SpyHunter as a James Bond licence, but due to certain money issues, the original arcade game wasn't :). Just an FYI! :)

#15 Defender007(2)

Defender007(2)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 08:41 PM

i think either eurocom, rockstar games, ubi soft, microsoft, eidos, ornamco should make the bond games after 2010

#16 israeljamesbond

israeljamesbond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 10:34 PM

Rockstar definitely not.. I dont wanna some Grand theft Auto bond style game. Plus rockstar makes cheap graphics and bad sound. Eurocom is EA if I am not mistaken. Ubi Soft would bring us more a Metal Gear-Splinter Cell style of game with almost no shooting. Namco is almost dead and EIDOS I think the same thing. In this case Microsoft would be the best. They make great graphics and sound on their xbox and computer games, plus they make them great!

#17 Bond111

Bond111

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2667 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 10:52 PM

Personally I like EA. They had somewhat of a poor start but now they are working their way up to perfection. And I must say EoN looks very promising.

#18 FrozenBullet007

FrozenBullet007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:57 AM

I think we should only judge if EA should have the 007 rights or not AFTER EoN comes out

#19 Dr Zhivago

Dr Zhivago

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 08:25 PM

Originally posted by israeljamesbond
Eurocom is EA if I am not mistaken.

You are mistaken.

#20 Prav_007

Prav_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:59 PM

Originally posted by bond111
Personally I like EA. They had somewhat of a poor start but now they are working their way up to perfection. And I must say EoN looks very promising.

Ya i agree, I remember when I bought the first EA game for James Bond (TWINE). It was a terrible game, I felt the same for Agent Under Fire and even Nightfire, but what i have seen from Everything or Nothing, looks very promising. The graphics, the gameplay, the characters, and the music except for the cheap cheesy plot. So far what i think is some Soviet Russia Post Cold War thing, which the Soviets have sum stupid super weapon. And Jaws spontaously shows up, so that gamers will buy the game because their favourtie bond henchman is present and ready to kickass. Ahhhh, how predicable EON can be.

#21 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 10:11 PM

Originally posted by israeljamesbond
Eurocom is EA if I am not mistaken.

EA stands for Electronic Arts not Eurocom.

#22 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 03:33 AM

what is the realese date?....righty where is you countdown?

#23 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 01:49 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
What is the realese date?...Righty where is you're countdown?

The US release date for James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing is November 17, 2003. I have a countdown thread called "EoN UK Release Countdown", it includes a US and UK release countdown.