This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Will the Amis, Gardner and Benson continuation novels ever be republished?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:46 PM

What do CBners think? Will "Colonel Sun", the Gardners and the out-of-print Bensons ever be republished, or is it likely that they have been consigned to the dustbin of history?

#2 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:48 PM

Oh, God, I hope they're published again. It would the ultimate screwing to the fans if they are not, but you never know with these people. You get the feeling they don't like us very much.

#3 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:51 PM

Originally posted by ChandlerBing

It would the ultimate screwing to the fans if they are not

Yes, it's annoying knowing that all those Bond novels have been written and I'm unable to go to a bookshop and buy them.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:51 PM

When Glidrose changed their name to "Ian Fleming Publications" that pretty spelled out their business plan. Hey, it

#5 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:52 PM

It would be nice to have new editions of the contiunation novels . Especially Markham (Amis) "Colonel Sun . And the Gardner novel . But right now Ian Fleming publication are concertrating on just Fleming .

#6 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:57 PM

Originally posted by kevrichardson
It would be nice to have new editions of the contiunation novels . Especially Markham (Amis) "Colonel Sun .  

Yes, especially "Colonel Sun". I'd like to own the Gardners, too, though (never read any of his novels). The Bensons are becoming very scarce, and I'm told that a couple are no longer in print in the UK.

#7 Tehuti 004

Tehuti 004

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:48 PM

I certainly hope they will be republished, some of Benson's I can't get a hold of, they're too new to buy in a second hand bookshop, and Amazon are out of stock!

#8 Johnson Galore

Johnson Galore

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 02:21 AM

In the meantime, try ebay. I've been able to more or less complete my collection of all Bond authors there.

#9 dennisbolt

dennisbolt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 01:56 AM

I add my endorsement of ebay. I was a part time Bond collector before ebay and then in 1998-2000 I built up the bulk of my stuff on ebay. I got most first editions and many hard toi find titles and now don't really look there much. It is harder to find good deals or rare items on ebay since it is so popular-but at least you get a lot of choice-especially for non rare stuff.