8 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:10 AM

I have to say I love Roger's Suits as James Bond!! They are different but very cool...

The funny thing is EVERYTHING cool always comes back in style!!

I have seen Kobe Byrant wear the exact Suits Roger wore in TMWTGG -Moonraker ..EVERYTIME he is being interviewed before or after a game!

about 80% of the time he wears a suit it is the exact colors.. exact Ties..ect..

Just yesturday I saw Nick Van Acel from the Dallas Macericks.. wearing a Roger Moore suit! it was light brown..white shirt & a power blue/light brown/white stripped Tie!

VERY SHARP! and almost the exact suit Roger wore in TSWLM!!!

the Bond Crew really picked out some really cool/sharp suits for Roger!

**And seeing MOST of the top NBA Players getting suits made..with the exact Roger Moore Bond feel.. is pretty cool! :)

Next Time there is a NBA Game on..check out the Suits the guys are wearing.. they all have the "Roger 007" Feel!! Cool Light Colors.. Kobe Byrant is ALWAYS wearing Roger Moore 007 Suits from the mid 1970's feel :)

Very Sharp!
:cool:

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:59 AM

I love Moore's Bond suits, too! I especially like the cool bellbottoms.

#3 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 12:52 PM

Originally posted by Righty007
I love Moore's Bond suits, too! I especially like the cool bellbottoms.

Most obvious in the FYEO precredits sequence.

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:26 PM

I reckon Richie Benaud would give Rog a run for his money when it comes to suits. :)

Marrrrvelous, thatttt.

#5 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:54 PM

I recall reading that Roger Moore once had is own line of mens clothing . This was during his days of filming the Persuaders . I wonder did any of this make it into a Bond film .

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:48 PM

Originally posted by kevrichardson
I recall reading that Roger Moore once had is own line of mens clothing . This was during his days of filming the Persuaders . I wonder did any of this make it into a Bond film .

I didn't realise he had his own line of clothing. I thought the caption basicly just read that he dressed himself.

I have read often that after Live and Let Die he was pretty much given carte blanche as to what he wanted to wear, as long as it fit the character and situation.

Very stylish our Roger is.

#7 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:24 AM

Yes it's true . Just look up his website www.roger-moore.com . In the section on the Persuader . It states that Sinclair's clothes designed by Roger Moore . Remember Roger Moore is the last Bond to wear a double -breasted suit , in Man With The Golden Gun .

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:25 AM

I was close. Here's the actual caption...

http://tv-cult.tripo...izlar/end04.jpg

#9 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:52 PM

I saw yet again last night on ESPN a few more NBA guys being interviewed and they had on Roger's exact style of suits..

watch espn.. or when the nba guys get off the bus ..they all have head phones on and maybe 40% of them have something Roger wore as 007 :cool: