What happened to Phoenix Rising?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter1032

Hunter1032

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 08:56 PM

Does anyone know what happened to the plans for 'Phoenix Rising'? According to CommanderBond.net, there was supposed to be a Bond Game called Phoenix Rising to be released after Agent Under Fire. They stated "Hence the secrecy of the plans to include Die Another Day plot and scenarios in Phoenix Rising". The article is at:http://www.commander...ies/944-1.shtml

Somebody please reply because I may have ****ed this theory up because of not reading it correctly.

#2 superracer0022

superracer0022

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 09:02 PM

it is probably referring to nightfire because the corporation for which the enemy is the head of is called phoenix and i am pretty sure there is even a level called Phoenix Rising in the game

#3 Hunter1032

Hunter1032

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for that superracer0022.

#4 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:27 PM

Phoenix Rising was the working title for Nightfire.

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 12:30 AM

Yeah I thought that was better than Nightfire, made more sense anyway. I don't know if this was a reason or not though but during the development of Phoenix Rising there was an episode of X-Fire which was a British paintballing mission show (which was superb!) and that had the title X-Fire: Phoenix Rising.

#6 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 12:32 AM

Btw my "made a lot more sense" point was plotwise. I realise that Nightfire was the name of the weapon/project in the game.

#7 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:50 PM

So what was the reason behind Phoenix Risng being replaced by Nightfire. Becuase with reading other posts I understand that Phoenix Rising was going to a remake or based losely on DAD.

Why did that drop Phoenix Rising for?