10 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 06:03 PM

Has anyone heard anything new about Roger's Health??? Is there any updates??? Is he still in the hospital??

please post ALL Roger Health Updates here!

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 08:57 PM

Moore has left the hospital.

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:04 PM

Moore has left the hospital.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 09:39 PM

http://start.earthli...D7QU31P00_story

NEW YORK - Roger Moore, the suave star of seven James Bond movies, was released from a hospital Friday after being fitted for a pacemaker, according to a spokeswoman.

Moore, 75, collapsed during a Wednesday matinee performance of the Broadway comedy "The Play What I Wrote" but finished the show after a 10-minute break.

Moore was fitted for a pacemaker Thursday, according to Mary Cahill, a spokeswoman for UNICEF, the U.N. children's agency for which Moore has served as a goodwill ambassador for 12 years. Jerry Pam, Moore's agent in the U.S., also said Moore received a pacemaker.

"He's feeling absolutely fine," said Cahill, who spoke to Moore after he was discharged from the hospital.

Moore plans to keep a previously scheduled engagement Friday night, accepting an award on behalf of UNICEF from the French-American Aid for Children organization at a benefit dinner in Manhattan.

"He's very gallant. He's a real trooper," she said. "He does so much good work for us. The fact that he's making an effort to go there for us tonight is indicative of Roger's efforts for children."

Moore was playing the part of the mystery guest star, a rotating cameo role filled by celebrities, when he fainted toward the end of the second act of "The Play What I Wrote." He was taken to the hospital after the show.

Moore's agents originally said he had breathing problems on stage and was diagnosed with dehydration and exhaustion. But Moore had been told in the past that he would eventually have to get a pacemaker, Cahill said.

Pacemakers help maintain a normal heart rhythm, and Cahill said Moore's was inserted at Beth Israel Medical Center. Hospital officials did not immediately return a call for comment on Moore's surgery.

Moore is best known for his movie roles as the British agent 007.

His first James Bond film was "Live and Let Die" in 1973, and he went on to star in six other Bond movies: "The Man with the Golden Gun" (1974), "The Spy Who Loved Me" (1977), "Moonraker" (1979), "For Your Eyes Only" (1981), "Octopussy" (1983) and "A View to a Kill" (1985). He also played the hero Simon Templar in the TV series "The Saint."

#5 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 10:00 PM

continued good health to you roger

#6 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 01:57 AM

Good luck Roger...and stay well.

Spoiler

-- Xenobia

#7 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 May 2003 - 02:08 AM

Unfortunately at his age, this thread could be a very long ongoing one or a disturbingly short one. :)

Here's hoping it's a short one, but for the right reason.

#8 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 02:28 AM

I just hope Roger knows that there are fans out here in the CBN and Bond universe that really love him....Its been 18 years since he hung up his Walther, but he continues to atract new legions of fans with every TV Bond marathon.

#9 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:21 AM

I think the Pacemaker will fix all this.. thats great !! It seems they found the problem and he was released! which is nice to hear..

#10 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:28 AM

I hope gets better and stays around for a good long while.

#11 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 09:44 AM

It's time that there make an future about him and his career.
As you needed an pacemaker is that not good news i think.
He have mabey a couple of years,Month's for he die i think. :) :)

Let we hope it go better with him and that he is strong enough. :)