ABC sucks, I have a request....

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle

Kyle

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2002 - 02:55 AM

as we all know, ABC decided to skip On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and has done a horrible job in presenting the Bond films. What extra footage are they bragging about? A 30-second theatrical trailer, which is very cool, but not what they made it out to be.

Anyway, I live in Wisconsin in the U.S., and the Wisconsin high schools just had their state tournament. On Thursday night, they played basketball instead of the Rosie O'Donnel Gay Special. And on Saturday, there was basketball as well, so The Man With The Golden Gun was pushed back to 10:35, so after all that waiting and the late Bond flick, the newscast gets on the air to say they will be airing the Rosie special instead of Bond. I e-mailed my local ABC channel, WXOW TV-19 La Crosse, and I got this response--
----------------------------------------------------
Kyle,

I am sorry to say that the James Bond movie will not be rebroadcast.

#2 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 03:00 AM

Good one, Blue Eyes. Kyle is right, though. ABC can use as much good publicity as it can after the debacle they call the Bond Picture Show. It's been nothing but a big disappointment as far as I'm concerened, more worried about plugging ABC product than Bond.

Kyle, the films have gotten low ratings, so it's no surprise they would cancel showing MWTGG. Sad to say, but people are just more interested in the obvious sex life of an obnoxious loudmouth like Rosie O'Donnell. In her favor, though, she did have a Bond show when TND came out.

That and the fact that after years of Bond being on SuperStation and available on video, there probably isn't a whole lot of people who are going to care at this point.

#3 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 19 March 2002 - 05:16 AM

Mention to ABC they'll get free advertising for the segment on CBn :)