5 replies to this topic

#1 00 deceased

00 deceased

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:40 PM

Does anybody else think that the deleted magic carpet scene from The Living Daylights was great and should of been left in. Perhaps they could use the idea for a future film!

#2 Cabainus

Cabainus

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 372 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:00 PM

Having seen the deleted scene on the special edition DVD, I am glad that they left it out.

It looked really slow, and would have been out of place had they kept it in.

#3 00 deceased

00 deceased

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:05 PM

Not necessarily, it depends how well the editor dealt with it. Obvioulsy now if you put it in it would be out of place but in the editing room in 1987 it would have been blended in, and then John Barry would have chucked the Bond theme on top. You are not using imagination. It is just a bit of loose film now, that's not how it would of looked if it was included!

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:13 PM

Yes, with score and sound effects it could have worked. The version we see on the DVD is in an early rough state. But I think it was cut because emotionally at that point in the film our feelings toward Bond are uncertain. We're wondering if he just killed Puskin. Has he snapped? It's hard to cheer Bond on and enjoy a fun/silly Bond escape moment before we get confirmation that Pushkin and Bond planned this. The Magic Carpet beat would have to follow Puskin getting up in his dressing room, and I'm not sure it was scripted this way. So it's not so much the stunt that doesn

#5 00 deceased

00 deceased

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:58 PM

Well I think they should use the scene in Bond 21, and recreate that wonderful French Police Station scene in a View to a Kill
"Very, Interesting..."
"From Russia, er, with Love"

#6 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:44 AM

yes i am as well glad they left it out, it just did not fit with the rest of the movie