This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

New Remour: Pierce Brosnan in Bond 22 (2007) and 23 (??) too and the new Bond in 2012

24 replies to this topic

#1 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:30 AM

Sorry copyright :)

Sorry people "James page" say that i must remove the information from the first post and the quoting.

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 10:41 AM

This is great news. Thanks for posting it!

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 03:45 PM

Frankly, I don't think Samantha Bond knows much more than we do at this point.

#4 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:40 PM

well as long as we get two more out of pierce i am happy

#5 crashdrive

crashdrive

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:51 PM

Good news?? That will mean there is going to be a five (!) year gap between 'DAD' and 'Bond 21'. Not to mentioned that Pierce will be 56 (!) that year. I'm sure this is just fanboy fabrication. And even if it wasn't, I believe it was Samantha who said that 'Die Another Day' was going to be his last.

#6 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:54 PM

IF BROSNAN WANTS TO DO 2 MORE AND EON IS COOL WITH IT, THEN WHERE IS THE PROB?........DAMN CAPS

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:23 PM

Originally posted by Righty007
This is great news. Thanks for posting it!

She is saying they are going to hold off on Bond 21 until 2007....how can any self respecting Bond fan consider a five year gap between movies "great news"??

#8 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:25 PM

We have some on CBN saying they are upset about a three year wait for Bond 21, and then others saying that an even longer wait of five years is "great news".

#9 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:47 PM

well i guess in the long run all i ask is that weather its 3, 5, 10, or 18 years inbetween films, that we get a really great film that knocks our socks off cause i think if thats what it takes to get a great bond film the time we wait will be worth it, i just dont want them to shoot them out just for the sake of being able to say "well we gave you a bond film"

#10 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:49 PM

Originally posted by crashdrive
Good news?? That will mean there is going to be a five (!) year gap between 'DAD' and 'Bond 21'. Not to mentioned that Pierce will be 56 (!) that year. I'm sure this is just fanboy fabrication. And even if it wasn't, I believe it was Samantha who said that 'Die Another Day' was going to be his last.

You don't read the message good there say that Bond 21 release in the winter of 2005.
Bond 22 in 2007
Bond 23 in ??
And the new Bond in Bond 24 in 2012.

Look to the message:

Sorry people "James page" say that i must remove the information from the first post and the quoting.

#11 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:59 PM

M_Balje
You are not reading the quote correctly. The comment "Pierce Brosnan's timetable looks busier than ever, with three films already in the pipeline, making a Bond 21 release date of winter 2005 as early as fans can hope for." DID NOT come from Samantha Bond.
That is not part of the quote, that is part added by whoever originally posted the quote or you. Look at where the speech marks fall.
It is clear from the quote that she is referring to Bond 21. Why else would she use the term "hold off"????

#12 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:08 PM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow
M_Balje
You are not reading the quote correctly. The comment  "Pierce Brosnan's timetable looks busier than ever, with three films already in the pipeline, making a Bond 21 release date of winter 2005 as early as fans can hope for." DID NOT come from Samantha Bond.  
That is not part of the quote, that is part added by whoever originally posted the quote or you. Look at where the speech marks fall.
It is clear from the quote that she is referring to Bond 21. Why else would she use the term "hold off"????

The Message say as i have it good that we get Bond 21 in the Winter of 2005 and that we get after that 2 movie's with Brosnan as Bond.

That's what there mean with: with three films already in the pipeline
or not.

With his last Bond movie in 2007 there main Bond 22 and mabey an option for play 007 in Bond 23.

Mabey can Crashdive explain it to me in Dutch in in an Personal Message (Pm).

#13 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:12 PM

M_Balje - I am not getting at you, English is not your native language and I think you speak it a heck of a lot better than I speak Dutch (which I have tried). :)
Frankly, I am surprised at some of the CBNers for whom English is their native language, and they still consider Bond 21 in 2007 as "great news".
Both crashdrive and I read the quote that way, every one else should read it again, and forget about "Pierce Brosnan's timetable looks busier than ever, with three films already in the pipeline, making a Bond 21 release date of winter 2005 as early as fans can hope for." because this was not part of the actual quote.

#14 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 06:15 PM

Originally posted by M_Balje

The Message say as i have it good that we get Bond 21 in the Winter of 2005 and that we get after that 2 movie's with Brosnan as Bond.

That's what there mean with: with three films already in the pipeline
or not.

With his last Bond movie in 2007 there main Bond 22 and mabey an option for play 007 in Bond 23.

Mabey can Crashdive explain it to me in Dutch in in an Personal Message (Pm).

You are reading the stuff outside of the quotation (") marks. The part you are reading is not part of the actual quote. The actual quote from Samantha Bond makes it clear that she is referring to Bond 21 being "held off" until 2007.
Crashdrive, please explain this to M_Balje in Dutch.

#15 SteelClaw

SteelClaw

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 07:42 PM

Bond 21 better not come out in 2007! I want it to come out in 2005 or better yet 2004, then Bond 22 can come out in 2007, and Bond 23 in 2009 or 2010, and they can introduce Bond #6 in 2012 in the 24th Bond movie.

#16 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:11 PM

The least we wait the more real is the film, 1 extra year and we had DAD, 5 years I dont want to think of it.

#17 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 09:19 AM

#18 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 09:25 AM

I'm sorry but if you think a 5 year wait is a good thing then you are an absolute knob who should be shot, put in a box and sent to china. I cannot believe you could say that. A five year wait would seriousssly test the patience of fans...thats pretty much as bad as the GoldenEye wait.

#19 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 09:27 AM

And DAD was by no means 33% better thanks to the extra 33% wait...it just means Eon does nothing for a few years...and they can't...no this doens't make sense...the more i think about this its absolute rubbish.

#20 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:37 PM

I guess those people who think a five-year wait is okay don't remember the six years we suffered through from fall '89 to Nov. '95. With only James Bond Jr. episodes the only product coming out, we had a pretty lean time.

And whose to say what a really great film is anyway? There are people on this site who think DAD is such a film and others who don't. If Eon waits too long, they could lose the new fans pulled in by DAD. Nobody said they need to do a TMWTGG straight after LALD move, but why wait five years either?

#21 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:44 PM

Originally posted by Turn
I guess those people who think a five-year wait is okay don't remember the six years we suffered through from fall '89 to Nov. '95. With only James Bond Jr. episodes the only product coming out, we had a pretty lean time.  

And whose to say what a really great film is anyway? There are people on this site who think DAD is such a film and others who don't. If Eon waits too long, they could lose the new fans pulled in by DAD. Nobody said they need to do a TMWTGG straight after LALD move, but why wait five years either?

I am in complete agreement with you. I find it shocking that some fans on this thread have called the possible five-year wait "great news". Those six years between LTK and GE were very hard times to be a James Bond fan and when they finally announced "Goldeneye" it was very much a gamble with a lot of the pundits saying that it would not be successful post-Cold War.

#22 Cabainus

Cabainus

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:00 PM

It is possible that the new Jinx movie will fill the 5 year gap between DAD and Bond 21

..just a thought.
admittedly not a very nice one!!

#23 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:17 PM

I think it will for me personally, but I know a lot of fans are opposed to the whole concept.
Personally I have a great deal of respect for Halle Berry with all my colleagues and coworkers, who have had the chance to interview her, saying she is incredibly nice, down to earth and humbled by all the attention she gets.
I would love to see a new Jinx movie (hopefully with a walk-on role for Pierce). I think the movie would strengthen the 007 franchise. After all Barbara Broccoli said that the more spy/espionage movies on the market, the better for the James Bond franchise.

#24 OOSe7en

OOSe7en

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:23 PM

Who cares at this point? These rumors are always unsubstantiated and I can guarantee you that the folks at MGM will not put their cash cow on hold for five years.

Personally I think Brosnan should do one more and then let go. If he stays on too long not only will he embarrass himself and do harm to the series but any good contender today will be too old to take on the role. Then they'll wind up signing a somewhat obscure actor which may or may not be a good thing.

#25 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 12:03 PM

Michael G. Wilson conducted an interview with "Film Review" that seems to confirm that the film makers will hold off on releasing Bond 21 until 2007.