This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Bruce Lee in The Man with the Golden Gun!!

7 replies to this topic

#1 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:10 AM

I always felt if Bruce Lee didn't die.. they would have chose Bruce for the character of Lieutenant Hip !!

They did bring up on the commentary track about the asian feel of the movie and that bruce was just about to hit in the usa..

BUT could you just imagine if Bruce Lee lived.. and did a 007 movie with Roger Moore.. wow would that of been amazing! To see Roger & Bruce act together:cool::cool:

I think that would have been the hugest hit! and cult favorite.. for me :)

IF Bruce didn't die .. after he did the hit Enter The Dragon.. I bet The Bond Producers would have gotten Bruce to play that role..

instead of Soon-Taik Oh.

#2 St.John Smythe

St.John Smythe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 10:36 AM

That would have been so great if Bruce Lee was in a Bond movie. I'm a huge fan of his films and could definitely see him in that part if they made the role even larger and had more fight scenes.

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:20 PM

Interesting idea, but I think Bruce Lee would have been too expensive for Eon.

Enter The Dragon made him a HUGE star and if he didn't die during the making of Game Of Death he was off to Hollywood to make million dollar deals that producers were throwing at him.

At that time he would have become one of the very few to make a million dollars per movie.

#4 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 03:36 PM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only
IF Bruce didn't die .. after he did the hit Enter The Dragon.. I bet The Bond Producers would have gotten Bruce to play that role..

instead of Soon-Taik Oh.

Soon-Taik Oh seemed okay for the film, and his career hasn't been awfully bad since TMWTGG. I have seen him some other movies and definitely in TV. He was in a recurring role for Magnum PI for a little bit.

I think that the Producers should have gotten one of the guys from the movie "5 Deadly Venoms". They wanted to use of the guys from that film for the longest time - they finally did get one of those guys for the movie TND. If you are familiar with the movie "5 Deadly Venoms", you can see the guy who played "The LIzard" play General Chang in TND...

#5 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:44 PM

well i am glad i got to see bruce in the old tv show batman, as the green hornets side kick cato

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:48 PM

Wasn't George Lazenby signed to appear in a Bruce Lee movie? I think I read that somewhere, but Lee died before the camera's started rolling on the project.

#7 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 05:00 AM

Yes, George was to appear in either a film with bruce or in a film produced by him. As for Bruce appearing in Golden Gun had he lived, that would've been great! At least he choreographed the fight scenes in "The Wrecking Crew".

#8 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 05:19 AM

Yeah I think Bruce for sure would have been asked.. and of course he would have done it!! He finally got a major leading role in Enter the dragon.. and IF he did a 007 movie.. he would have been huge..outside the karate movie market!:) the whole world would have known him..

the guy whole played him was fine.. but Bruce was atleast 50 years ahead of his time!!

enter the dragon ..he actually plays a undercover agent.. so it had a "bond feel"

:)