Should Triple X have been in AVTAK?

14 replies to this topic

#1 St.John Smythe

St.John Smythe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:38 AM

Watching AVTAK recently it struck me that it might have been cool to bring Barbara Bach's Anya Amosova back for the scene with Bond in the hot tub instead of Pola Ivanova. Don't get me wrong the actress who played her was hot and good in the part but the scene reminded me of TSWLM and how Bond and Anya would steal the micro film back and forth from each other. It might have been a nice cameo. Just an idea:)

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:42 AM

Thats a good idea, but XXX was Bond's friend and not his enemy. So having her steal the tape from him wouldn't be a good idea.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:44 AM

That would have been a great idea.

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:29 AM

yes this is a great idea!!

If you watch TSWLM we see they both are taking things from each other..

just like bond did with the spy in AVTAK.. they were lovers in the past but had a mission..

I think it would have been a great to have Triple X in AVTAK

good call!

#5 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:22 AM

That would have been a fabulous idea...I see on the trivia track for DAD on the DVD that Michelle Yeoh was originally supposed to appear as the Chinese agent in Hong Kong, but she was not available...
I do think Barbara Bach was the most beautiful of all the Bond girls.

#6 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 05:34 AM

I agree she was sexy as all hell :)

but to be honest: I did see her on SNL in the mid 1980s with Ringo on a skit with Billy Crystal doing Fernado..

and she looked really bad!!!:) She aged allot in 10 years & her hair was aweful.. it had this terrible 1985-ish style that didn't catch on..

so maybe it was a good idea not to cast her :)

we dont want to ruin that mental picture of her in Spy!! She had long sexy one length hair in a ponytail.. so hot!!!!!!

in 1985 she had a Perm/Mullet :)

yuck

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:13 PM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only
I agree she was sexy as all hell :)

but to be honest: I did see her on SNL in the mid 1980s with Ringo on a skit with Billy Crystal doing Fernado..

and she looked really bad!!!:)  She aged allot in 10 years & her hair was aweful.. it had this terrible 1985-ish style that didn't catch on..

so maybe it was a good idea not to cast her :)

we dont want to ruin that mental picture of her in Spy!! She had long sexy one length hair in a ponytail.. so hot!!!!!!

in 1985 she had a Perm/Mullet :)

yuck

Yes I saw some pictures of her that were taken a couple of years ago (at a function with Ringo) and I thought she was barely recognizable as that gorgeous woman in TSWLM. She was just incredibly hot and sexy in TSWLM.

This makes me wonder - which Bond girl has aged the best? We have seen the interviews with most of the previous 007 girls on the "Inside...." documentaries on the DVDs.
I think Jane Seymour !! (I also saw Diana Rigg on PBS a couple of years ago and she looked great.

#8 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:08 PM

PUtting Barbara Bach in the AVTAK scenes with Moore would have been an excellent idea. Yeah they became friends at the end of TSWLM, they had crazy under-water sex...but put her in the hot tub witn Moore, that would have abeen a great idea.

Also, I read that since Bach married Ringo Star (are they still married??) they both went on major drinking binges - likely the cause of her being a not-so-hot XXX these days...

Actually, the interview was with BAch herself, she admitted the obsession they both had for booze....oh well!

I think Jane Seymour has aged the best. Lovely long hair and a trim figure, even after all the kids.

#9 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:24 PM

I think you are right about Jane Seymour. She was on "Good Morning America" a couple of weeks ago and Charles Gibson during the interview commented that he didn't realize she had been in a James Bond movie. She did look fantastic though.

#10 St.John Smythe

St.John Smythe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 11:17 PM

Maude Adams I think has aged very well and if I'm not mistaken I think I saw the actress who played Pola Ivanova on the making of AVTAK featurette and she still looked sexy.

#11 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 12:35 AM

Yes, I thought Maud Adams had aged quite nicely also.

#12 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:16 AM

i like pola ivanova in a v to a kill, it works great, she is not denise but hell who is, xxx would not have felt right to me

#13 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:45 AM

You have Denise on the brain....A good friend of mine who lives in Chicago went to school with her (I met her myself briefly before she was famous). That's cool though, I always get a kick out of your posts :)

#14 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:47 AM

While I like Fiona as Pola(love her in that wet tank top), having XXX be revealed as the other Russian agent in the wetsuit would've been KILLER!
By the by, I saw a pic of Barb recently-she's aging very well so, she would've looked great in 1984-85.

#15 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 05:30 AM

I agree Maude does look very good for her age!!