3 replies to this topic

#1 superracer0022

superracer0022

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 01:36 AM

I was wondering if there are any plans to release a bond movie in 2007. i would think mgm would take advantage of this because a year that ends in 007 only comes around like once every thousand years and would be stupid for them to pass on the oppurtunity

#2 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 11:19 AM

It's been discussed a lot, and I agree it would be a great promotional tool (2007 : The Year of Bond).

Not sure if it will happen though, since we're probably getting Bond 21 in 2005. But assuming they start work on Bond 22 straight after, it might be possible (good time to introduce a new actor to the role, too).

#3 SteelClaw

SteelClaw

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 12:42 AM

I think that Bond 21 will come out in 2004 or 2005, and it will be Bond 22 that comes out in 2007

#4 Wade

Wade

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 01:03 AM

In an earlier thread, I was hooted at by some young punks and ruffians for suggesting that a Bond would emerge in 2007. They said that the whole idea of a Bond movie coming out that year was silly, that it really wouldn't matter.

My feeling then -- and now -- is that, with MGM's business the way it is, and with the vagarities of the film industry the way they are, Bond 22 would HAVE to come out in 2007. I mean, what other movie in history would be able to enjoy the advantage of having every calendar ON EARTH advertising your film ALL YEAR???

It will happen. I'd bet a billion on it right now. And not even blink.