4 replies to this topic

#1 Robinson

Robinson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 06:20 PM

I know folks have previously posted their admiration of Sam Neil. I enjoyed his screen tests on the TLD DVD and would have though him a natural for the role.

An interesting parallel between Dalton and Neil. Neil just starred alongside Rob(I sang w/Snow White at the Oscars) Lowe in TNT's remake of "Framed." This crime thriller starred, you guessed it, Timothy Dalton. Neil played "Eddie Myers," the charismatic character orginally played by Dalton.

"Framed" was great when it aired in two-parts on A&E back in the 90's. This remake is only 2 hours long and the ending has been changed to protect family values.

Check both out if you haven't already.

I wonder if Neil's willing to do a remake of "Made Men."

#2 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 06:22 PM

Another one is...
Sam played the anti-Christ in The Omen.
Dalton was the Anti-Christ as Bond.

#3 Daltonitus

Daltonitus

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 08:31 PM

Hah, you were almost funny that time Chandler :)

Neil really was pretty good, sure i'm glad we had Dalton instead, but imagine if Dalton had started in...FYEO say and then gone on till TLD, and then Neil from LTK onwards....how different would Bond be?!

#4 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 11:49 AM

I did make a thread about this a while ago.

Timothy Dalton's character in the original tv mini series Framed, Eddie Myers was a great performance. And I noticed Niel was in the Framed film, Rob Lowe looking Bondish a bit in that film

But this is what I believe.

If a actor can't quite cut it as Bond, he should be a villian, a mirror image of Bond.

Sam Niel would be a great James Bond villian. He's good at playing villians as well-twisted characters-Event Horizon-Memoirs of a Invisable Man.

#5 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:33 AM

Originally posted by ChandlerBing
Another one is...
Sam played the anti-Christ in The Omen.
Dalton was the Anti-Christ as Bond.

Yes, not funny. But Dalton did play Father Willam Bowden a.k.a. the real exorcist in the movie The Possessed, so he could have taken care of Neil’s Damien Thorn. :)