8 replies to this topic

#1 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 08:06 AM

While not exactly a title song, "If You Wanted To" certainly holds the record for the Bond song most re-recorded by other artists. I am still amazed at the new versions I hear on pop radio. It almost makes me forget that this tune(which was obviously a "music supervised" tracK) has a 007 connection. It does have a nice feeling about it and I remember upon hearing it for the first time in the theatre that I felt a great sadness almost as if I knew Bond was going away for a while...

Dalton = 007

#2 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 08:55 AM

are you talkin about "if you asked me too"?

#3 Daltonitus

Daltonitus

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 12:57 PM

It's not as good as "If there was a man", but it's a pretty decent ending music to LTK.

It always feels to me when I see the LTK credits roll up that Bond is dead...

...then I watch the opening of TWINE and realise he is. lol :)

#4 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 07:37 AM

Yes, of course, my bad. I mean "If You Asked Me To."

#5 00 deceased

00 deceased

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 02:00 PM

Yup it's so popular you don't know the title. It's a mint song, best non-title song in a Bond film. Gone are the days when we get cool songs at the end of the Bond films: If there was a man, If you asked me to, The Experience of Love, Surrender. Now we get remixes and what not. Come on Mr. Arnold, if somethings not broken don't try and fix it!

#6 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 08:18 PM

The only reason there was a remixed Bond theme at the end of TWINE is they had a slow song called "Only Myself To Blame" by Scott Walker. But they apparently felt it wasn't very good or worked in a Bond film so it was nixed.

As for DAD, well, they probably thought having Madonna's song at the end would get more people to go out and buy the song. Just my theory.

#7 Fawn

Fawn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:45 PM

"If You Asked Me To" doesn't particularly fit, IMHO...it's not like they were in love, or anything. Meh.

#8 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:58 AM

Maybe they were in love..their romance was just as credible as any in the series except for Tracy/Bond of course.

#9 Dr.Carl Mortner

Dr.Carl Mortner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:20 AM

That cheesy love song that's not the title song thing was definitely an '80s Bond thing (although it carried over into the '90s with GoldenEye and that horrible, horrible "Experience of Love"). Although I have liked some of the more romancy theme songs, let's face it: Bond movies are not romance movies, and they seem really out of place unless the story actually warrants it.

I must admit I love Shirley Bassey's ode to a space shuttle in "Moonraker", if only for the phallic symbolism alone;P.