An Alternative

5 replies to this topic

#1 Sigma

Sigma

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:27 PM

A screenplay for my own Bond 21. Here's the pretitles sequence, i'd like to know what you all think, constructive critism, etc.

Bond 21

#2 Sigma

Sigma

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:29 PM

EXT. TRAIN ROOFTOP

BOND is looking at the helicopter when suddenly MAYCOMBE is upon his again. Both men fight viciously, but suddenly the roof erupts with sparks as the HELICOPTER fires upon them. Both men clamber around, desperately trying to avoid the HELICOPTER

#3 Sigma

Sigma

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 07:00 PM

I don't know what anyone's going to think of this, but i see so many fantastic pieces of fan fiction posted on this site and wish i had the time to produce one. So when an piece of English work required me to write a short story i jumped at the chance to write a piece of Spy fiction. Naturally i couldn't use James Bond, but i'd love to hear your opinions, especially the experienced fiction writers.

Conflict of interests.

1. Moscow, Russia, September 18th 1986
The elderly man made contact at precisely the right moment, and exactly the right angle, I would later observe. He was faceless among the anonymous inhabitants of the grey city, and he quickly melted back into the colourless crowd that made up the streets. The two miniscule reels of jet-black microfilm dropped to the floor, the sharp click of conflicting plastic a thunderous boom in my ears. She had always been sharp, that was why she was such a useful asset, but I was surprised to see her stooped over and scooping up the reels before I

#4 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:01 PM

So far...this is very, very good. You are drawing a very realistic picture of what the spy game is really like. It reads very well, and feels real.

Nice work Sigma.

-- Xenobia

#5 Sigma

Sigma

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 April 2003 - 08:27 PM

Thank you very much Xenobia, I read 'Heaven Isn't Too Far Away,' and thought it was brilliant, up there with the best of the fan fiction. Such praise is certainly encouraging.

#6 clinkeroo

clinkeroo

Commander

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 05:03 AM

Interesting riff. I would like to see where you go with it. Character interaction is good in the first few graphs; your writing is smooth and your descriptions are clear. The reader can already see subtle nods to the genre. Feed us more.