55 replies to this topic

#31 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 07:27 PM

Internally, Bond began to panic. He could feel himself losing control of his senses, not only did the room seem to be whirling, but his thoughts were also set in the same motion. He couldn't distinguish his thoughts, an uncharacteristic emotion was pulsing through him, a rage he had buried long ago at M for refusing him to persue those that had hurt the ones closest to him. At the same time he felt utter confusion to place where these emotions were even coming from.

Bonds last conscious thoughts were a last glimpse at M, some men he couldn't place catching him has began a descent to the floor and hauling him onto a stretcher. As his mind carried him away one final phrase uttered into his mind: "Looks like this way didn't work. Seems like we might need to try and more "direct" approach...of course that's what i was hoping for, things to get alittle more interesting finally."

#32 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:01 PM

James Bond woke up 15 minutes later. He was lying down on an operating table. It was familiar to him because of all of the times he had made love on it, then it came to him, it was Doctor Warmflash's office. As Bond sat up, the doctor and M came in. "007, are you ok!?" said M with a worried look. "Yes M, I feel much better. I don't know what happened." "Well, I tested your blood while you were asleep and it seems someone druged you up with an hallucinogen." said the beautiful Doctor Molly Warmflash. Damn, Bond thought, Blofeld must have put it in him, so that he would go and kill M. "Oh, that would explain why I saw Scottsmen with kilts and bagpipes marching from behind M's desk while hearing a Burt Bacharach tune.

#33 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 10:12 PM

"Sorry, James," Molly commented dryly, "it wasn't just a bad Peter Sellers movie. I'm afraid you're going to need to rest for the next 24 hours."
M looked at both of them and just said curtly, "Keep me informed," and she left, leaving Bond and Molly alone in the office together. Bond looked down at her desk, seeing the clutter of papers. Molly saw that look and asked, "How many times on the desk, James?"
"More times than you might think. I seem to remember a nasty rug burn from this carpet, in fact..."
Molly went over to him, touching his shoulder she had helped to heal a while back with his fabulous stamina doing the rest. Bond, his shirt off, began to kiss her on her cheeks and down to her neck. Molly tried to put up a fight, but it was pretty weak. "Oh, James...."
"I'm listening," he mumbled as he worked his way south.
"You realize what could happen--" she grabbed a remote control off the desk and quickly pointed it at the door to activate the security lock. She was heavily aroused. "Oh, James...what ARE you doing down there?"
Bond was just heard to say, "I was thinking of eating out for lunch."

#34 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 10:30 PM

Trying to sleep after a long period of passionate lovemaking was tough sometimes, even for the best of them like Bond. It did not help his sleeping with the amount of drugs still in his system, but he had tried to sleep anyway.
Bond had never recently been one for gruesome nightmares, but this was beginning to change for him. The first sensation he picked up on was the presence of the carpetbeater striking against his genitals....the harsh, cruel thud it presented, along with the raising of the large ugly hand preparing to do its damage to him....
He had wanted to cry out, but his mouth refused to obey his commands. There was no much he wanted to forget about his first assignment down to Royale. There had been the big game, the confrontation with the Big Man, and then there was the bitch herself.
As he tried to conjur up a better memory for himself, the most recent memory of Molly came to mind, and he vividly recalled saying on one occasion of he had never tasted women before. Well, over the years, he had tasted quite a few, but only a few stuck out in his mind.
At that moment, his mind inevitably went back to Tracy, and he wanted to scream out his frustration to the world. All of his mental defenses about keeping that part of his life locked away were failing. It seemed as if Blofeld had done the worst by stripping him naked and plunging in with a dagger to the heart. The bastard....the bloody bastard.

#35 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 03:45 PM

007 did his best to shun out the thoughts of Tracy now, this was complex enough. He thought about the drug, and what it could have been. All He knew was that in the beginning moments of the drug, Bond felt confident and truly in touch with himself. He saw how much passion he put into his life, and how much the service took away of it. And, for the first time, Bond felt capable to do something more than just grin and bear it.

When Molly left, Bond began to study the medicnes in the room, looking to see what the drug might have been made out of. He felt a bit of withdrawl, as if his passion and zest for life had taken a set back, he wanted to try a little more of the toxin.

When M walked in the room, she calmy shut the door, not wanting to alert Bond who already seemed annoyed.

"So where the hell have you been?" asked M. Bonds emotions, running high were not in the mood for this kind of talk.

"Since when do you care?" Bond coldy responded....

#36 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:05 PM

As Bond stepped forward, his hand nonchalantly creeping its way up to the inside of his dark blue Brioni suit, he suddenly had recall of what had happened to him. Blofeld had had him....
Bond stared at Blofeld. His own body was now right up against the ceiling of the chamber, water up to his chest. His lips were blue and trembling from the cold. Bond cried out through the glass,"You expect me to beg for my life?"
Blofeld just calmly replied, "No. You

#37 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 04:51 PM

He spent half of his life supressing the demons of the past that haunted in, the faces of the many he'd killed, working hard to keep the guilt buried. But all the pain, all the suffering at the hands of so many people, was all consciously done by M ultimately. She was the one that had knowingly sent him into the arms of death countless times, without so much as blinking. She expected him to recover and come back each time only to do it all again, without so much as even a thanks coming his way.

Now things were clearing again. So much pain in his life, so many poeple he hated for thier actions, but it was M that dictated all these encounters. As Bond continued to move in her direction, he came to the conclusion that of all the evil he had encountered in his life, it was M that was the most evil and cold-hearted of them all. He wasn't going to live his life as slave for her a moment longer. All his emotions were now cast upon making her feel the pain that she had subjected upon him time after time....

#38 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:52 PM

As Bonds mind slowly closed and reality once again opened its painful and horrifying eyes, M heard Bond shout across the room, "I will not tolerate insobordination, 007. We all have our jobs to do, painful as they may be."

Bond was ready to lunge at her, but something kept his control. He stared back at her, through her eyes he saw the fires of a hell so well crafted in his existence. All he could do was speak from his heart, the heart that was pushed deeper and deeper from sense and logic through each day, and each death of those Bond cared.

"Since when do you know about duty? You sit behind a desk giving innocent civil servants marching orders to graves they never deserved! You are no better than the ones you have us kill."

M was speechless, she looked at Bond with widended, almost sympathetic eyes. "007, you accepted a life long ago, one that would encompass all of the good and bad things that service entails, you apparently dont know how to handle it. Have you forgotten the greater good?" M spoke with profound determination to get her point across. She never in her carear felt so intimitated or even question her own position. She could not afford to lay her cards on the table, however.

"But what happens when I loose sight of your own good, hmmm?" asked Bond rehtorically. "What happens when you become so entrenched with job, a life, that you loose sight of the intent of the life, and its purpose, fighting for policy that always changes, for faces you have never seen, people you have never met? How can you expect one to live with himself?"

M looked on, she knew not what to say. How could she ignore the heart, but a machine, or civil servant (the two were interchangeable) could not have a heart. As much as she sympathized, she could not cave.

"You have taken on a life, one that -" She was cut off in mid speech, by Bonds growing fire of rage.

"This is not a life, this is a hell! One that I want no part of, one that I, you we all can be free of."

"Since when did being selfish get you into heaven, 007?" asked M sarcastically, as she was almost rejecting a rather enticing proposal from 007.

Bond wasnt even sure what he thought any more. The drug must have excitied his passions, but these were passions deep at his soul. Even if it was a drug, how could he ignore his own heart.

In a flash, Bond lunged toward M in rage. In doing so, she and him colapsed on to the ground. In an instant, MI6 security teams broke through the door and were ready to shoot 007. As they took aim, bullets fired, but not from them. Someone behind them was shooting at them. It must have been SPECTRE's mole.

Bond was dragged off of M, and the man from SPECTRE broke the pane window in the office of M that brought persepective to the city of London. Bonds Aston was below. In an instant he thought of a way out. He remembered the new device Q had installed recently. He wipped out his keychain and activated the roof.

In a flash below, the roof of the Aston slid back and the two front seats were raised about five feet into the air. Both cushions on the seat then exploded to a giant air filled cushion. Bond and the SPECTRE agent leaped in the nick of time as more MI6 guards entered the room.

Once at safety, Bond spoke almost regrettingly....

#39 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 06:51 PM

"She had her kicks."
The SPECTRE agent looked in his direction and for a moment Bond almost panicked. The man looked like someone he had killed before. It was on an assignment in Africa. He had the man cornered in a room, whimpering, pleading, and begging for his life. Bond, however, had just coldly and methodically strode across the room, all the while screwing on the heavy silencer to the end of his Walther P99. The closer Bond got, the more he could see in the man's eyes. Deep down, Bond was afraid--no, don't be. The bastard had deserved this. Every last bit of it. Without a further thought, Bond fired three times into the man's face. When he was done, he actually stood there, watching bits of the man's skull, blood, and brains drip slowly down the wall. The back of the man's head was a total mess, having been turned into strawberry jam. He swore he had blown the man's teeth out the back of his head.
"Bond?"the SPECTRE agent was callling him back to reality. "I've just activated the camoflouge on this car of yours. Where we go next is up to you. Number One said you would know where."
Bond blinked several times, nodding. He had never been much of a superstitious person in his life. Sure, there had been times he swore he had seen Tracy in his life, but he had done his damndest to block it out. It wasn't real, it wasn't real...

#40 rogermoore007

rogermoore007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 08:10 PM

Bond began to rehash the events of the past few hours. He tried to seriously consider the gravity of what he had done, as the drug was beginning to subside. Bond was in another world, one that had called him frequently, but he never responded. It was the world of conciousness. A world in which Bond actually considered his actions for a rare moment. He finally realized, for that small window of time, that he had tried to kill someone who had been what he thought was the source of trouble, but was really a civil servant, same as he. As Bond snapped out of his trance, or so he thought, the SPECTRE agent who had looked familiar turned around and looked completely different, as if his head had been traded for another....

#41 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 12:05 PM

"We've reached our stop," the SPECTRE agent spoke in a decidedly Eastern Europe accent.
Upon saying that, the car came to an abrupt halt, and he got out. Bond knew he had better get out as well, stepping out onto a street in a lower class section of London. For some reason, he had no real idea of where he was.
"This way, please."
As Bond walked away from the invisible Aston Martin, the SPECTRE agent turned halfway around, aiming a little handheld gizmo at it, pressing a red button. The invisible car shimmered a bit, eliciting several sparks from within. Bond shot him a questioning look, but said nothing. Q wasn't going to like that!
The SPECTRE agent led him over to a phone booth where he nonchalantly slid open the door, dialing a series of numbers on the console. Bond stood back and watched as the agent then stepped back out to see the floor of the booth slide open. There was a tunnel leading down into the ground. Without a word, the agent stepped into the booth and began climbing down. Bond paused barely a second before following suit.

#42 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 12:36 PM

On any other day, Bond would have done well to notice his surroundings more. The building the crippled Aston Martin was parked in front was happened to be the location of the CIA in London. Across the street was another top secret London governmental agency that even Bond had never heard of. Surveillance cameras in both buildings were monitoring Bond's movements as he pulled up in the MI6-issued Aston Martin.

#43 rogermoore007

rogermoore007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 05:08 PM

They walked and walked down the dark path for what seemed like forever...but forever was just the beginning. The mysterious man left Bond in a room and James sat on the empty floor and passed out. He awoke, looked at his watch and realized that hours had past. He also was in a different place. He was lying on what seemed like an operating table surrounded by strange instruments that looked as if they were used for torture. "What the hell...." Bond mumbled as he looked around...

#44 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 05:45 PM

He looked up when he heard the door clanging open on its brutal sounding hinges. Blofeld came in with several of his usual assortment of henchmen, all dressed in black. "Welcome back to the land of the living, 007!"
Bond tried to move his hands, but they were tied down pretty tightly. Blofeld came over to the table and looked into Bond's eyes. "If I didn't know any better, 007, I would say that your time has come and gone. Apparently, there's no more room for heroes in your world."
Seeing the curious look in Bond's eyes, he elaborated, "Your people are after you now. You're nothing more than a criminal...like I was to them all those years ago. What do you feel now, 007? Fear? Anger?"
"Pity."
"Oh?"
"It's a pity I never broke your neck when I had the chance."
Blofeld just laughed, pacing around the table. He happened to pick up a rather delicately sharp blade from a metal galley. "I don't think you're going to get that chance again. You see, as I have said, your time has come and gone. With you out of the way, I can now finish my final plan, Mr. Bond."
Bond began to realize what this was all about. My God, it was brilliant. Bond had always been the one thing Blofeld had never counted on, the wild card. Blofeld had taken him out of the picture in a pretty brutal, conniving way...the bastard, the bloody bastard.
"So how much do you want this time, Blofeld?"
"Oh, you're going to love this one, Mr. Bond...let me tell you about it..."

#45 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 07:08 PM

Bond's watch had begun to do its magic on the manacles keeping him in place. None of the bad guys seemed to notice. How typical, Bond thought. Where did Blofeld find these guys?
"You know how I love all the little things that make SPECTRE stand out from all of the other evil organizations out there that you've managed to destroy?" He leaned forward, inches away from Bond's face. "Extortion, murder, mayhem, all the things that make life worth living for a man of my creed, Mr. Bond. I'm going to do all of it!"
"What exactly?"
"Well, I'm going to have to get me some weapons of mass destruction first, Mr. Bond...in the last place you'd ever expect to find them. After that....I'm-not-going-to-tell you!"
Some of the other guards were slackening on their rifle grips as Blofeld knelt back in close to Bond. "What do you have to say to that?"
Bond reacted by lunging as far up as the bonds would allow, sinking his teeth into Blofeld's nose, sending blood spurting across the room. Blofeld staggered back, crying out in pain. The guards rushed forward but Bond grabbed Blofeld's hunched over form and rammed him into the onrush of bad guys. Bond quickly grabbed a rifle and fired it, killing four of them immediately with one shot passing through their chests in a straight line. He then aimed and fired it at close range at the remaining guard, hitting him in the face at point blank range. Blood and brain splattered the room, covering Bond, Blofeld, the floor, everything. Despite the gore, Bond grabbed Blofeld, minus his nose, and hauled him to the door. Blofeld managed to say despite the blood pouring from the hole in his face. "You can't kill me, Bond. It won't make a bit of difference--"
"Yeah, well, you never know..."
He pushed Blofeld out through the doorway....

#46 rogermoore007

rogermoore007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 07:58 PM

Outside the door danger awaited. British intelligence on his left, Blofeld's goons on his right. The 2 groups stared at each other, guns pointed, and some of them pointed at Bond. "Well Mr. Bond...you are faced with an interesting decision..." the now facially deformed Blofeld said. Bond knew that if he gave Blofeld to the Brits, SPECTRE would shoot him on the spot, and if he gave Blofeld back to SPECTRE, the Brits would shoot him. Once again, James Bond thought on his feet, the tactic that had saved him so many times in the past. Bond saw his Aston Martin through the large first floor window in front of him. He pressed a button on his watch and the car shattered the window, the door automatically opened, and Bond jumped in, still carrying Blofeld. Bond drove back through the broken glass and he was on his way.

Bond, despite his quick thinking, had put himself between the two forces of good and evil. Both sides sought the return of their respective masters, however, who happened to be driving away in the same car. Bond was a fugitive at any corner he turned. This was certainly a new area of residence for him....

#47 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 10:11 PM

It was soon Blofeld's turn to think on his feet, as he suddenly overcame the pain of his bloodied nose and grabbed on to the steering wheel, ripping it sharply in the other direction, while at the same time throwing himself on top of Bond. His mind racing, this suddenly lung caught Bond off gaurd somewhat and he braced himself hard trying desperately to pull the car back on to the road to prevent them from crashing. He threw an elbow as hard as he could into Blofeld, while at the same time, using his other arm to steer the racing car. Just as he was straightening the wheel out, he caught an oncoming car racing right at the driver side of his car. "This makes things alittle more interesting," Bond grunted as he counted the seconds before slamming on the emergency brakes and manuevering the car into a guided skid.

He practically made it too, almost skidding around the oncoming car, but at the last moment the driver corrected and slammed into the back driver side of the door sending the car hurtling sideways. Both Bond and Blofeld were hit hard in the collision, with Bond taking the ugly brunt of the force. As the car stopped rolling, Bond semi coulld remember himself attempting to crawl out the busted window of his car. He could hear Blofeld shouting impatiently at someone, jarring Bond into trying to locate him. As he whoozily tried standing he came face to face with a beautiful raven-haired woman, who stared momentarily at him with deep black eyes filled mencingly with hatred, before raising a pistol and unloading three traquilizers into Bond's chest. Bond let a short moan as he felt his body being paralyzed. At this moment he could not tell what was happening to him once again, all he could focus on was the beautiful girl aiming the pistol at him and wondering if ghosts really do come back to haunt the ones that failed to save them in their former life, because he swore that face belonged to the Tracy.......

#48 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:45 PM

From where Bond was, all he could see were the clouds passing by overhead at a rapid rate. They kept whirling past him and he blinked, trying like hell to get his senses back. He barely raised his head, realizing he was sprawled in the back seat of a moving vehicle. He squinted, trying to see through the haze of the after-effects of the tranquilizers. His chest hurt like hell, but there didn't seem to be anything broken. He brought up a hand to his face and winced at the blood oozing from the nasty cut over his left eye. He realized he was in a car being driven at a rapid rate of speed down one of the major roads in London. It was night time. My God, how long had he been out?
"You're damned lucky to be still be alive, Oh-Oh Seven. Just lay there and you'll be fine." It was Tracy. It had to be her. If it was, though, he would have to be dead...
Bond tried to speak, but it came out a hoarse whisper. "Where am I?"
The woman who he thought was Tracy suddenly pulled off the road up ahead and onto an off-ramp. "We're getting you to a place of safety. Despite who you are and what you've done, I'm sticking my neck out for you."
"What about...?" He tried to ask about Blofeld, but it didn't all come out.
"Oh, he's got his hands full right now, trust me. I think he's going to have to head back in for the plastic surgeons again, though."
Bond just nodded, laying back down. "Good," he said flatly.

#49 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 05:53 PM

The vehicle suddenly came to a screeching halt and Bond was forced upright by the suddenly stop. When he looked around, he detected they were at some type of private airfield. A 1976 Panther Navajo with 350 Horsepower Turbo-Charged Engines was waiting for them. She helped him out of the car and towards the plane. "Can you walk?" she asked impatiently. "If you can, it would really help speed things along."
He nodded, staggering towards the plane, clambering into the small cabin. Behind him, he suddenly heard an explosion and he reacted as fast as his injured body could manage. She quickly came walking away from the flaming ruins of the car behind her. Bond squinted in the bright light as she climbed in past him and got into the cockpit. As she got the plane powered up, she happened to just nonchalantly reach up and pull away her raven hair, revealing it to be a wig. Her real dark brown hair poured down around her shoulders and if Bond had been in any better condition, he would have been all over her at that point. Unfortunately, he could just try not to bleed on the chair. As the plane began to take off from the runway, she happened to look back, "James Bond, let me introduce myself. I'm Andrea Vicenzo. Let's just say we're related."

#50 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:15 PM

For a moment, she looked too familiar as drops of blood from his cut began to drip past his eye, sending his vision into a bloody netherworld. Despite himself, he let out a small groan, nodding. "How close are we?"
She shifted a bit in her pilot's seat. "Too close. Tracy and I shared the same father, but had different mothers."
Bond had found under the seat and was wiping some of the blood off. He was going to have one helluva bruise there. "The pleasure's--"
"The pleasure's all yours, Oh-Oh Seven."
Bond looked up, sensing clear hostility. "Call me James. By the way, I'm not your enemy." He suddenly felt a sharp pain near the front of his head, very similar to a migraine. "Back there--"
"I know damned well who he is!" she snapped. "He's going to get his, don't worry about that. I've been after him for a long time. It's you I'm interested in right now."
"What do you have in mind?"
She looked back at him, noticing he looked slightly better. The scar down the side of his face was very prominent now for some reason. Even with the blood and fresh bruises, he looked a little like Hoagy Charmichael. "Well, as you've noticed, you've become quite popular. I'm taking you someplace where no one's going to find you for awhile."
"But what about Blofeld?"
"Whatever Blofeld's got going, he can't do it without you."
Bond leaned back, nodding. "So, it seems you're holding all the aces then."
She just nodded, gazing back. "You might as well get some sleep. We're going to be in the air a while."

#51 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:18 PM

Whoops. I knew this would happen sooner or later!:)

#52 rogermoore007

rogermoore007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 08:21 PM

sorry, I'll just delete mine

#53 _JW_

_JW_

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 08:16 AM

The darkness slowly began to open up, and James Bond began to gather his senses. A plethora of thoughts swirled around in his head. Blofeld, MI6, and had he really just met Tracy's sister? The feeling of being in over your head that James had experienced so many times before was now settling in, although this time it was worse than ever before. Suddenly, Bond wondered just where the hell he was. He was walking slowly down a dark tunnel. As he stepped forward, something sinister sounding crunched beneath his feet.

Bond reached into the pocket of his pants and pulled out his lighter. He nearly dropped it after flicking it on as he got a glipse of what lay beneath him. It was bone. Human skull. He had just stepped on a person's head. "What is this place?", Bond asked himself.

Cautiously taking another step forward as he fumbled around in the dark, Bond once again heard the sickening snap of human bone beneath him. "Christ", Bond blurted out as he saw that this time he had stepped on a skeletal hand. The light eminating from the flame of Bond's lighter grew bigger, as if it was commanded to do so by a magician. Bond's eyes grew wide with terror, as he saw his surroundings in more detail.

It was a cave of sorts. But this was no ordinary cave. The walls were made of broken and battered rib bones, whilst the floor was lined with various bones from the human body. Countless skulls stared back at him with hollowed out eyes. This was some sort of demonic nightmare he was having. This couldn't be real. Bond looked forward and noticed that there was light at the end of this tunnel. That was what he would head for. He would ignore the brutal images of death and decay and would focus on the light.

However, each step he took forward seemed to take him backwards. It was as if an invisible force was holding him back. The will of all the dead men Bond had sent to the grave was taking him, dragging him away from the light. Bond looked behind him to see that the portal at the other end of the cave was black. Pure nothingness.

He fought with all his willpower, but Bond couldn't escape it. The dead invaded Bond's mind and devoured his soul. Were all of these skeletons his doing? Was he that much of a barbaric killing machine? Bond tried to scream as a whirlwind picked him up and pulled him back into darkness, but nothing came out of his mouth as James Bond soon felt the bitter agony of death that he had given to so many others.

James Bond gasped in fear, as if he had just been brought back from the dead. A cold sweat was forming on his forehead. The turbulence of the plane had apparently knocked him back to his senses. James Bond had just had the worst nightmare he could ever imagine.

Andrea looked at him, concerned. "Some dream you were having there." She slowly moved the controls. "Sit tight. We're about to land."

#54 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 02:58 PM

Bond looked out the windows of the plane, getting his bearings. A steady rain was pouring down, with some ugly gray clouds on the horizon. He could hear thunder off in the distance and see a few streaks of lightning edge across the sky. He did not recognize the place at all. It was a small airfield. The terrain was very flat and green. A few trees were here and there. Andrea had the engines shut down and was securing the plane. What she said next shocked him.
"Welcome to Texas, 007."
That got Bond's attention quick. He had only been to Texas a few times over the years, mostly to drop in on his old friend Felix Leiter, who had long since retired to here. It was definitely interesting country, he always had thought.
She led the way out of the plane and into the oncoming storm. Bond gazed out and suddenly tensed as three men in grimy-looking clothes came up to the plane. Andrea, however, was not worried.
"Get rid of the plane. I'm taking him with me."
The men just nodded and ambled past Bond towards the plane behind him. Off in the distance was a hangar where they quickly proceded to move the plane. Bond looked over at Andrea who rapidly led them over to a red Thunderbird with the top up. She took the wheel before Bond could say anything. After a beat, he got in up front with her, swiftly greeted by the strong smell of leather. Andrea wasted no time in starting the car and getting the hell off the airstrip.
"Now what the hell's the score?" he asked.
"I'm taking you to see someone," she replied casually, checking in her rear view mirror, not liking what she was seeing. "We've got a tail."
Bond barely looked over his shoulder, the old adrenaline rush kicking in finally. "I don't suppose you have a gun in the car."
She gave him a look that indicated if she did have one, he was not about to be trusted with it.

#55 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 03:07 PM

As they got further along, Bond recognized that he was in Dallas. Of all the places, he never would have guessed. That thought suddenly was cut short as Andrea let out a curse. The car that had been tailing them suddenly roared past them. It was a white Chrysler Concorde. Bond reacted however to the sight of one of the men in the car.
Felix?
He must have spoken that thought aloud, because Andrea reacted to it. "What is he? One of your people?"
"He's CIA...or at least he used to be."
"Ah, hell," Andrea muttered, slamming on the brakes, bringing the Thunderbird to a halt in the traffic on the street. She quickly put the car into reverse for a few moments, lucky as hell that no one had been behind her just then. She then whipped the car back around, headed back the way they came for a block before slipping onto a side street. They were in Oakcliff, one of the suburbs of Dallas. Andrea gazed in one of her rear view mirrors to see if the CIA car was still behind them. It was not.
"James," she said, trying to relax a bit, "have you ever been to Texas A&M?"
Bond shook his head.
"There's someone I know there that you have to see."
"What's this all about? Does this have to do with Blofeld?"
Andrea merely sighed. "James, you've got something upstairs that we need to find, if you know what I mean."
"You mean in my head?"
Andrea just nodded, driving the Thunderbird casually now among the traffic. "It's pretty important that we find it, James, so unless you have other plans, that's what we're going to do."

#56 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 06:10 PM

Dr. Roland Masferrer looked across the room and right through James Bond and Andrea Vicenzo after they had been in his office in the lower depths of the Department of Psychiatry at Texas A&M. Masferrer had long greyish-black hair slicked back into a pony tail that seemed to clash with his black tweed suit. If Bond had been in better spirits, he would have pointed out how passe and out of date the suit was. However, once Masferrer got going, Bond quickly learned why it was so out of date.
"I am sure you may have heard of me, Mr. Bond. I used to be on the payroll of the CIA back when we were trying to get at Castro. I was involved in elements of their MK-Ultra program."
"Mind control," Bond said dryly. "I suppose that little knack of yours is going to help find what's in my head."
"Perhaps,"Masferrer said, eyeing Andrea warily. "You were smart in bringing him here, my dear."
"I've heard a lot about you," was all Andrea replied.
"Yes, I'm sure you have. No matter," he said, getting up from his red leather chair and seemingly gliding over to where Bond was standing, still. Masferrer walked over and stood right in front of Bond. "You have some pretty nasty people after you, my friend."
"Andrea says they want me for what's in my head right now."
"Andrea's a smart woman, Mr. Bond, you'd do well in listening to her right now."
"Who does she work for?"
"She works for no one, Mr. Bond, and yet, she works for everyone. She gets around, shall we say. She's not CIA, if that's what you're thinking, Bond. At least not right now. It's the espionage game. Everyone's flipping sides all the time, fun and games, Bond, fun and games...."
Masferrer suddenly turned away from Bond and headed back to in front of the desk that reminded Bond a great deal of the one his old chief used to have back in London. "Shall we begin?"