18 replies to this topic

#1 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 06:06 PM

I JUST THOUGHT WHO WOULD BE A GREAT BAD GUY FOR OUR BOY JAMES.....AND IT CAME TO ME.....arnold schwarzenegger, and just think of the fight they would have, james might just get his butt handed to him, and even so it would be good to see james get busted up just one time i would like to see it happen. i think arnold would do great, what do u guys think of that idea?

#2 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 06:33 PM

ummm...no.

they will NEVER have a villian portrayed by an actor with a name as big/bigger than the chap portaying bond.

plus theres no way theyll spend 25 percent of the budget for a bond film on 2 actors

#3 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 06:37 PM

gotta admit it would be very cool to do though

#4 ray t

ray t

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 06:42 PM

there was a treatment for the 3rd dalton movie that involved cyborgs/robots....gotta admit, it would be cool to have arnie with a robotic forearm....his name:

guntram shatterhand.

name of movie:

SHATTERHAND

nevermind...it would be considerer a rip-off of Dr No/Tee Hee, not to mention too close to T2

#5 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:38 PM

Originally posted by ray t
ummm...no.

they will NEVER have a villian portrayed by an actor with a name as big/bigger than the chap portaying bond.

plus theres no way theyll spend 25 percent of the budget for a bond film on 2 actors

Agreed.

Schwarzenegger really shouldn't play second fiddle to anyone. I never really bought into him as the bad guy in Batman Returns Again. Bad guys always have loads to say and Mr S is best when he has little to say.

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 10:20 PM

I was writing a fan script at one point, and the henchman was this huge imposing person named Horror. His weapon was a wip that was comprized of razor blades. I always envisioned Arnie playing him.

#7 Agent 0011

Agent 0011

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 11:11 PM

agreed it would be interesting to see bond "get his butt handed to him" (thats a good one!!)...but i would have to agree i don't think arnold would ever be the pick...costs too much and like said, wouldn't get that big of a name for bad guy...buuuttt...what of The Rock playing a henchman....he could give a ride....and proved he could act a little in the scorpion king

#8 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 05:35 PM

Nope. Bad puns from one actor is enough. From two would be a total disaster.

#9 SirMiles83

SirMiles83

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:10 PM

Arnold would have to act like he has never before if he should be a Bond villain. I don't like the idea of Arnold playing a sinister character which requires a lot of dialogue. Maybe he could play an sadistic Austrian terrorist. I like the image of him playing that character, but I don't think he could pull it off convincingly.

#10 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 05:02 AM

arnold seems better for good guy roles, even playing a bad cyborg was not good, i was glad in T-2 HE CAME BACK AS A GOOD CYBORG

#11 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 07:46 PM

Der Ah-nuld is a great idea! A return to the heavily accented villians.
"Goodbye, Mist-er Bund!"
Arnold would be lots of fun too, he has the humor and can play sinister if he wants. Say if he was a former East German Stasi officer whose running a sort of Club Fled for ousted dictators. He acquires their wealth and weapons then eliminates the dictator or turns him into the UN for trial. Of course he has a plot for world domination all tied up into this.

I think that the major barrier to Arnold playing a Bond villian is not his billing or his acting ability. It's the fact that Arnold get's twenty million a picture. I can't see EON spending that kind of cash for a villian.

#12 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 12:52 PM

It won't happen. He's running for Governor of California.

#13 mkkbb

mkkbb

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 02:50 PM

I seriously hope this doesn't happen. Not only would he cost a fortune, he isn't right for a Bond film.

And I'm sure he'd want top billing too, like what he did with Batman And Robin (sorry, don't mean to swear). Almost relagated Clooney to thrid/fourth billing. And he was playing Batman.

No way, there must be someone similar to him, foriegn, big, some acting ability, but unknown who can play a henchman.

#14 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 05:47 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
gotta admit it would be very cool to do though

No I don't.

I agree with what the others are saying- too costly, not a good enough actor (I like him in comedies but that's about it), would end up unintentionally funny, bigger star than Brosnan. Plus if it's a muscleman who can "hand Bond his butt" that you want, there are plenty of those out there who are unknowns and would do it for a reasonable price.

Won't happen.

Dave

#15 antonio damas

antonio damas

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 09:26 AM

i think arnold will decline if ever he is requested to appear in a bond movie as a villain, i think he wants to be a villain to sylvester more.
joke only. (for sylvester's fans)

#16 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:55 PM

Originally posted by rubixcub

No I don't.

I agree with what the others are saying- too costly, not a good enough actor (I like him in comedies but that's about it), would end up unintentionally funny, bigger star than Brosnan.  Plus if it's a muscleman who can "hand Bond his butt" that you want, there are plenty of those out there who are unknowns and would do it for a reasonable price.

Won't happen.

Dave

still would not mind seeing it;)

#17 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 10:59 PM

I think Arnold would be a great Bond villian. He did a good job as Mr. Freeze in the Batman film, so he could be a great bad guy in a Bond film.

#18 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:32 PM

Schwarzeneger as a bond villian.........I don't see it, ever. He seems for of a rambo type person and I don't think that would be suitable for Bond movies.

#19 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:28 AM

thats what i said when i found out he was going to do batman and robin