8 replies to this topic

#1 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 06:57 PM

There will be a midnight showing of Thunderball at the Nuart Theater in West Los Angeles on Friday April 18th. The Nuart is located at 11272 Santa Monica Blvd in West Los Angeles 90025. I have actually never seen Thunderball in the theater so this should be extremely excited. Anyone that is interested in either meeting up before or after the film please post it here.

If you need any further information about the theater you can go to:

http://www.landmarkt...uartTheatre.htm

or

http://www.landmarkt...es_Frameset.htm

to get their Midnight schedule

#2 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 07:05 PM

OHHHHHHHH!

Bloody Hell!

On the 18th I'm flying up to Seattle to spend Easter weekend with my Dad.

Damn-Damn-Damn....

Well, those that can make it, enjoy yourselves and raise a glass for Bryce during the inevitable post-screening shop talk. :)

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 10:10 PM

My back can't take the seats at the Nuart. I'll have to pass. :)

#4 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 07:22 AM

Send Zencat to Shrublands.

#5 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 09:09 AM

I am with the man with the back problem. I have been spoiled by the goodness and GRANDEUR of The American Cinematheque's Egyptian Theatre. The Nuart, while it is INVALUABLE in terms of its adventurous booking policy, does not have much to speak of in terms of comfort or screen size. It is a long tube of a theatre with a smallish screen. Certainly not large enough to hold ALL of that !!THUNDERBALL!! action. Come on. The film is called THUNDERBALL.

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 April 2003 - 05:32 PM

Agreed. I've also been spoiled by the Egyptian.

#7 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 06:26 PM

I totally understand people's reaction to the Nuart theater. The seats are a little uncomfortable. I was, however, very pleased with the print of the film. My guess is that is was a print that was made not too many years ago. Having seen a couple of the earlier Bond films in the theater I have noticed and noticed again on Friday that when I see them in the theater I gain a whole new respect for the movie. I noticed how truly excellent Connery really is in the film. His performance is outstanding. I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Truly great to see it in the theater with an audience that really loved the film as well. Did anyone else attend the screening?

#8 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 06:54 PM

I heard from a friend that the print was amazing and the seats in the Nuart were just fine. He thinks they may have done a renovation because the sound system was also incredible. Now I'm sorry I missed it. Sounded like a great screening.

#9 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 08:03 PM

Zen...I'm sure they'll be more screenings of Thunderball in the near future. I must admit that it was one of those experiences that I'll remember for quite some time!