8 replies to this topic

#1 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 02:03 PM

I tuned in to Diamonds last night out of curiousity since they made such a big deal on TNN about it being shown uncut for the first time on television. Naturally, it didn't take long before I blurted out, "A-ha!" (not the group) when I saw the camera do an artificial zoom just before Connery rips that gal's bra off, which you never saw any nudity in the first place. It was a PG film in 1971, for Christ's sake! Turn it over to FX and you'll hear all kinds of language that would get bleeped anywhere else. I didn't tune in for the rest of it. I couldn't. I have the damned thing on widescreen DVD, and I'm happy about it. I just get pissed off when a network like TNN can't be straight and honest about their advertising. It looked horrible in pan and scan anyway.

#2 Dr Noah

Dr Noah

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 05:19 PM

Cold be worse, the last time I watched Goldfinger on ITV they cut out the end of the pre-credit sequence (ie no "Shocking, positively shocking") and in LALD we see the snake entering Bond's bathroom...but we never see what happens to it! :)

#3 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 05:27 PM

I remember watching "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" on ITV when I lived back in the UK and they would always cut out that bit with Q and M in the precredits sequence (where M says words to the effect of "I wish there was some way to keep track of 007").

Instead of showing this scene they would start OHMSS with Bond in the car and following Tracy to the beach.

On a sidenote, cutting this scene also robbed us of the walk on cameo by Director Peter Hunt, something I had never caught before until Hunt brough it up on the audio commentary on the DVD.

#4 Doubleshot

Doubleshot

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 02:00 AM

TNN also compromises the full-screen formatted image by pushing it up to include a bar that says the film name and "You're watching the NEW TNN!" - as if we need that. How I long for the days of TBS...

#5 Se

Se

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 08:00 AM

Here in Belgium, they never cut sc

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 April 2003 - 02:09 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Se

#7 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 02:08 AM

And they speed them up slightley too.

#8 booyeah_

booyeah_

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 05:04 PM

Originally posted by Doubleshot
TNN also compromises the full-screen formatted image by pushing it up to include a bar that says the film name and "You're watching the NEW TNN!" - as if we need that. .

What ever happened to the old TNN?

#9 minchjp

minchjp

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 07:17 AM

Ch 7 & 10 leaves the bond movies uncut and just shows them at 8:30 so that is can be rated "M" (goldeneye was rated "M")