6....jaws in moonraker:(

#3 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 07:45 PM

I never took Jaws seriously enough to be a henchman. What was the point of Jaws? He never died. Bond would always kick him in the balls or punch him in the mouth, and they'd both have stupid looks on their faces. Ugh....never liked Jaws.

#4 Jaws99

Jaws99

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 12:52 AM

Going through this list was fun!

1. Erik Kriegler - sullen, silent and dangerous. Also - is memorable since Bond tossed his **** over the cliff. He's a good villian.

2. Jaws - Bond is never better than fighting around with Jaws. Resilent, and never stops. However - where are all those kids who asked that he be turned into a good guy after seeing him TSWLM?

3. Gobinda - the guy is tough - and the actor was good. Great movie entry in the series.

4. May Day - she's built from steroids like Zorin. And you have to be happy with her if she worked for you - she gets the job done, unlike Shandor in TSWLM (remember Bond tossed his **** over the building...)

5. Naomi - the producers did a fine job making this babe the helicopter pilot. She enhances the movie - as Stromberg employs both male and female henchman.

6. Nick Nack - This guy just makes me laugh - esp. when he talks. IT's interesting that Maud and Britt revealed that he was in real-life a heavy womanizer. I would never have guessed.

7. TeeHee - he's faithful to Mr. Big/Kanaga. I like his scenes with Moore - esp. the fight at the end - his reaction is perfect - and he brought this character to life. Unlike my last pick below.

8. Baron Samedi - Really colorful guy - but he sure can't fight - didn't Bond toss his **** into the coffin full of snakes?

9. Chang - useless twit - I was glad when Bond got rid of him quickly. This guy was just slightly better than Mad Dog Madonna's role in DAD.

Love all the Moore films - esp. Octopussy - which is one of my fav. The Connery and Moore era was the best. Too bad Moore only did 7 of them.

JAWS99

#5 Mr. Kidd

Mr. Kidd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 08:37 AM

My top three are...

#1 TEE HEE (He battled Bond and STILL kept his sense
of humor!)

#2 GOBINDA (Series most underrated henchman!)

#3 JAWS ( Fought Bond in 2 films and lived to tell
the tale!)

#6 SirMiles83

SirMiles83

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 04:29 PM

1. Jaws (TSWLM)
2. Baron Samedi (LALD)
3. Nick Nack (TMWTGG)
4. TeeHee (LALD)
5. Gobinda (OP)
6. Guy with chainsaw yo-yo(OP)
7. Erik Kriegler (FYEO)
8. May Day (AVTAK)
9. Chang (MR)

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 05:01 PM

1. Erik Kriegler (FYEO). That ski chase sequence in the Italian Alps is one of my favorite action sequences of the Moore movies.

2. Gobinda (OP). Probably the most underrated henchman of the series, shades of Oddjob crushing the dice ala Oddjob crushing the golf ball.

3. Jaws (TSWLM). So good, he came back for seconds. The only thing that really irked me was his romantic subplot in Moonraker, Jaws should never have been made into a good guy.

4. May Day (AVTAK). Sexy, lethal and she likes to be on top in bed. The posters for AVTAK screamed "Has Bond Finally Met His Match" but the movie never let us find out. She sacrificed herself so that Bond might avenge her and Jenny Flex.

5. Locque (FYEO). My favorite henchman death of the Moore series. In TSWLM Moore killed Sandor with a swift flip of his hand, in this one it was a swift kick to the car that sent Locque tumbling over a cliff.

6. TeeHee (LALD). I liked the advice TeeHee gives 007 at the crocodile farm and his disappointment at not getting to snip Bonds finger at the interogation scene.

7. Naomi (TSWLM). Not quite as deadly as May Day or Fiona Volpe, this female helicopter pilot still provided a great car chase sequence and allowed for a nasty, jealous look from Barbara Bach's Anya Amasova.

8. Baron Samedi (LALD). A colorful character who hangs out in graveyards. I liked the ending of LALD with this guy on the train.

9. Chang (MR). I was never impressed with this henchamn although he did make Bond go through a nasty turn.

10. Nick Nack (TMWTGG). My least favorite henchman of the entire 007 series and NSNA. I never felt that Moore's Bond was in jeopardy or that Nick Nack was very menacing.

#8 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 07:51 PM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow

10. Nick Nack (TMWTGG). My least favorite henchman of the entire 007 series and NSNA. I never felt that Moore's Bond was in jeopardy or that Nick Nack was very menacing.

Nick Nack visually isn't menacing, but remember he is the henchman with a gun and a bag of peanuts. That's the trick.

#9 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 04:48 PM

1. Jaws (TSWLM and Moonraker)
2. Nick Nack (TMWTGG)
3. May Day (AVTAK)
4. TeeHee (LALD)
5. Baron Samedi (LALD)