10 replies to this topic

#1 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 11:39 AM

I just watched the LTK DVD again. Great film, easily in my top five. But that's not the point here.

Afterwards I watched the documentary (the long one with Macnee narrating). Towards the end they talk briefly about strange things happening during the shooting of the truck-scene. Cars moving on their own. Things spontaneously blowing up. A monstrous claw appearing out of an explosion. That sort of thing.

So what do you think of all this?

A hoax?

Coincidence?

Or are supernatural forces at work? Apparently some nuns got killed on that stretch of highway years ago.

Perhaps this explains why LTK bombed. It was cursed!

:)

#2 Canada

Canada

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 05:28 PM

The making of LTK and a couple of other books like John Glen's For My Eyes Only have some additional information on these events too.

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 06:13 PM

I get goosebumps when I see that claw come out of the fire in that documentory. I believe that place is haunted.

#4 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 09:05 PM

I have no doubt that there are things in this world that we will never know about, including some of the events described in the DVD documentary.

The "claw" was certainly the most interesting thing, especially when they say that only a single stills camera caught it (it wasn't only any of the video footage or other still shots). Also the odds of hitting somebody 2 miles away with a dummy rocket are microscopic.

I don't really believe in the supernatural, but I've got an open mind, and some of this stuff can only be described as "spooky".

#5 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 09:08 PM

Please see this thread:

http://forums.comman...s=&threadid=137

#6 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 01:38 PM

Spooky? Or just a gust of wind?

You decide ... :eek:

#7 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 03:32 PM

OMG, that is freaky!!

#8 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 03:44 PM

Beejesus! That is so odd!

Not having the DVDs and "living in the stoneage" (as one very rude/cocky/spotty video shop check out gimp once said to me about buying videos) I don't know half of this stuff.

I've said it before and I'll say it again this place is a mine of Bond knowledge and I never stop learning.

I'm going to pop off to the other thread that Asterix pointed out and discuss some more weird goings on in a film that some say deserves to be cursed!

#9 MovieManOO7

MovieManOO7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 06:08 AM

The claw does have its bizarre attributes, no doubt, but one must be a bit more pragmatic about the situation. If you use your imagination, you can see such images everywhere. The face of Jesus on Mars for example which, on closer inspection years later, was just a play with shadows. If one tries hard enough, one can see ghostly faces on potato chips. It's all in perception. A similar example can be found in the famous picture of a "demon" rising from the smoke of the Twin Towers on 9/11.

Not to say that one shouldn't keep an open-mind on such matters, but this is just a different point of view on the issue.

#10 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:27 AM

:eek::eek::eek:

Sorry, for writing in this thread Mr X :) I know you don't want us to, but just let me write one post :)

That's an even better pic. And more spooky (No offense to the fella who did the other pic. if it's a different person).

It's not some sort of special effects trickery is it ?

#11 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 11:23 AM

I grabbed both the pictures in question from the DVD documentary, only 30 seconds or so apart.

They say in the interviews that 4 cameras and the cast and crew didn't see this "claw" - only a single stills photographer caught it (accidentally), and he was standing in the same place as one of the cameras that it didn't show up on.

I suppose the photo could have been tampered with, but why bother? There are loads of spooky things that happened mentioned in the documentary without going to the effort of creating another.