12 replies to this topic

#1 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 01:01 PM

I'm quite busy at university at the moment and need help to get this DBC established. We need to draw up some plans and get some ideas together - we could try writing a "Dalton Manifesto" like the Brosnan-Bond Community.

Some members of the DBC could be elected to do research on Dalton and his life. Others could do research on his Bond years. And if there's any talented writers in the DBC, they could do reviews of his work(Bond/non Bond).

We need to keep the communication going - we should meet and chat on MSN Messenger or something.

PS: To "Panavison", did you get my message/email?

#2 Daltonitus

Daltonitus

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 11:34 PM

We need a Daltonite HQ that lists members and ICQ numbers or whatever.

Or better yet, an IRC channel.

#3 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 07:43 PM

ICQ is ok. I prefer msn messenger. I've currently got a members list with some emails. I still haven't heard from some.

Where are you guys and gals? I need ideas.

#4 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 03:27 PM

Daltonitus' idea of an IRC channel works... just finding the right server is a bit of a problem.

#5 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 03:33 PM

You're at university and you're trying to set up a club? Bit old for that sort of thing aren't you?

#6 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 03:46 PM

No I'm not. Note the thread title: "DALTONITE's click here"

#7 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 05:11 PM

Not what? Not setting up a club? Not too old? Not at university? -No probably not if you think "DALTONITE's click here" makes any sense. Daltonite's what? Unless you mean Daltonites as in a number of people, whereas you wouldn't be needing that apostrophe.

#8 Daltonitus

Daltonitus

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 09:40 PM

There is an age limit on clubs?

Damn, I better go tell all those '50 going on 20' year olds in the local MG classic car club they are too old...

#9 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 10:41 PM

Originally posted by marktmurphy
Not what? Not setting up a club? Not too old? Not at university? -No probably not if you think "DALTONITE's click here" makes any sense. Daltonite's what? Unless you mean Daltonites as in a number of people, whereas you wouldn't be needing that apostrophe.

I'm not too old to set up a club. Why should there be an age limit?
And I did mean DALTONITES as in a number of people. Sorry for using an apostrophe in the wrong place:rolleyes:

#10 Kara Milovy

Kara Milovy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 04:36 AM

I'm not going to involve myself in any chatting. I find it sucks my time right out of my life. I like message boards because I show up when I can, and leave as soon as I need to, and still feel I'm a participant. I don't think many writers like live chat, we like to plan out our words. :)

If you lead me to the Brosnan manifesto, I'll get an idea what you're talking about.

There's a Dalton fansite with lots of info about him, but he's a very (VERY) private person, so research on his personal life is pretty sketchy.

#11 Panavision

Panavision

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:49 AM

I'm not interested in his private life, or anyones' for that matter, only interested in his Bond work and acting.

#12 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 13 April 2003 - 05:24 PM

Originally posted by Panavision
I'm not interested in his private life, or anyones' for that matter, only interested in his Bond work and acting.

Hey Panavision I know from DVD times Dalton threads? Looks like it, good to see you here.

I want to help out in this Dalton thing, but got exams coming up, busy stuff, but in the summer, should be back posting more.

Daltonites take care.

Enjoy.

"Here RITZ, here's some money, buy yourself some decent clothes."

LTK REMIX Quote.

#13 Panavision

Panavision

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 03:18 PM

Yep, it's me :)