11 replies to this topic

#1 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 11:16 AM

How about this as a plot for the next film.

Dalton teams up with Connery (the good guys) are called out of retirement from MI6 to hunt down and kill/capture Brosnan who is really a SPECTRE agent, working towards cloning Blofeld and procuring 10 suitcase size nuclear bombs.

I think this would be the biggest JB hit ever and would break all records.

Is this really such a crazy idea? Perhaps do it as the very last Bond film.

#2 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 12:05 PM

Hmmmmm. Messrs Dalton and Connery pulled out of MI6 retirement to thwart the evil plot of Brosnan and Blofeld? I'll have to let it sink in for a while Byron.
It would make a great spoof - even a feature length cartoon maybe!

Nice one!

#3 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 03:28 PM

Timothy Dalton and Sean Connery don't even belong in the same sentence together. Dalton is a nobody. Connery is an Icon. Brosnan is on his way to being an Icon. I am sorry you think otherwise.

#4 Paco

Paco

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 06:02 PM

for a nobody who made two bond movies that a lot of people like? I respect your opinion but don't put it out that Dalton is a nobody. In playing James Bond, I believe that Timothy Dalton did a fine job, and others from reading there post think he did too. Grant it your right that Dalton ain't an icon but in the forty years of James Bond movies, IMO , Dalton acted out James Bond what he's suppose to be, a cold blooded killer. Dalton's not perfect (nobody is) I find his two movies to be good and Dalton did a tremendous job acting. i didn't post this to start an argument, I just wanted to say that Dalton isn't a nobody.:)

#5 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:16 PM

Originally posted by Byron
Dalton teams up with Connery (the good guys) are called out of retirement from MI6 to hunt down and kill/capture Brosnan who is really a SPECTRE agent, working towards cloning Blofeld and procuring 10 suitcase size nuclear bombs.

I am sure that this is the plot of the next Indiana Jones movie with Grandpapa Connery and Harrison Ford.

#6 SirMiles83

SirMiles83

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 01:31 AM

Dalton teams up with Connery (the good guys) are called out of retirement from MI6 to hunt down and kill/capture Brosnan who they think is a SPECTRE agent, working towards cloning Blofeld and procuring 10 suitcase size nuclear bombs. All of the sudden Roger Moore comes out of retirement and discovers the true plot: renegade agents Connery and Dalton are trying to kill Brosnan in a plot of jealousy going way back. Roger foils the plan after outsmarting the whole bunch, rescuing Brosnan. Afterwards, Roger turns to Pierce, "I know Sean, but who was that other guy?" :)

#7 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 05:48 AM

To guote Comic Book Guy..."worst idea ever!"

#8 Mr. Kidd

Mr. Kidd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 06:40 AM

I do like the bit about cloning Blofeld!:)

#9 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 03:29 PM

Bond spoof.
If Eon want Bond spin offs, why not just do the best Bond spoof, and get Connery/Moore/Dalton/Pierce/George while there all alive!!!

#10 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 02:12 PM

Originally posted by SeanValen00V
Bond spoof.
If Eon want Bond spin offs, why not just do the best Bond spoof, and get Connery/Moore/Dalton/Pierce/George while there all alive!!!

George is still alive??? Cool.

#11 Jriv71

Jriv71

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 02:15 PM

Originally posted by kevrichardson
I am sure that this is the plot of the next Indiana Jones movie with Grandpapa Connery and Harrison Ford.

I'm not sure how it's physically possible, but I think Harrison Ford is actually older than Connery now. He could play Sean's father in Indiana Jones, Part VIII.

#12 rogermoore007

rogermoore007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 11:43 PM

Originally posted by Byron

I think this would be the biggest JB hit ever and would break all records.

Is this really such a crazy idea? Perhaps do it as the very last Bond film.

How about the other way around??--Roger(best bond) and Pierce(the other best bond) team up against Tim, Sean and George