9 replies to this topic

#1 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 11:43 AM

Judging by Channel 9's "Comedy Inc" promo for this week, it looks like a parody of Die Another Day is due for this weeks show.

On the ad they show the scene where Jinx comes out the water, and she says something about asking Bond to "pump her for information" (TND anyone?).

I've watched this show once or twice, occassionally funny, but we'll see about the Bond parody.

It's on Wednesday night, 8:30 on Channel 9.

Cheerio,
Chris.

#2 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 01:54 AM

Anybody catch this last night ?

It's a pretty ordinary show I think, an hour long sketch comedy show made by people who would srtuggle to make a decent half hour long sketch comedy show. Very, very predictable, normally I don't mind predictablitiy, but here more often than not you could deduce the mediocre punchline the moment a skectch started.

I struggled though it for the Bond stuff though. The second of the three Bond acts they did probably the most bearable, Bond not getting the message when Jinx tells him straight out that she wants sex, instead she has to say to say "pump my for information". Jinx breaking in to tears everytime she accepted somethign was probaby the "funniest" bit of the whole thing. Third act was pretty lame, villian just shoots Bond instead of the "complicated death device", sigh, didn't see that coming. Must say whoever was playing Bond did a pretty decent job of it though.

#3 JBond007

JBond007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:11 AM

Twas reasonably amusing.

Forcing Bond to watch all the Bond movies (with particular reference to OHMSS) was funny.

I'd liked to have seen a title sequence ala the way 'Spyhard' did it.

#4 JBond007

JBond007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 04:14 AM

Most of the stuff is only funny if you've seen the film and you know the Bond stuff well, otherwise it's lame.

Same with the Today show segments, if you've never seen the Today show, nor the S.Leibmann ads on TV, you'd think it was lame.

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:14 AM

Forcing Bond to watch all the Bond movies (with particular reference to OHMSS) was funny.

Oh yeah, "even the one with George Lazenby", that was pretty funny. :)

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 11:48 AM

I watched it, accidently. While flicking through from Blue Heelers (a friend twas on it) I managed to catch the second Bond one. Glad I didn't watch the whole show.

#7 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 03:07 AM

Well I didn't even get home until after 11pm, so I kinda missed it. This commuting business really sucks.

#8 Fraternal

Fraternal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 440 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:35 AM

My God did it ever suck...Survivor was good though. :)

#9 Dr Niles Crane

Dr Niles Crane

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 464 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 07:36 AM

I did rather like the fact that Grave's disguise consisted of nothing more than a bad red wig:

"Oh my God. You're the Asian guy from the first scene"!!!!!

#10 minchjp

minchjp

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 06:49 AM

I loved it. The first act was the best:

Why did you come here?
I thought it was about time an asian is the bad guy