3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Noah

Dr Noah

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 05:20 PM

01) I'd have set it in China or Japan, somewhere with an exotic backdrop.

02) I'd have called the villian Dr Shatterhand obsessed with the far east and with his honour and have him be based in an old castle, with a "garden of Death".

03) I'd have made the leading actor more act like James Bond and less like a generic American actor.

04) I'd have gotten rid of the tepid melodrama and have Bond acting under orders.

05) A good pre-credit sequence would be nice too :)

#2 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 05:26 PM

So what you're saying is that you'd have made LICENCE TO KILL a faithful adaptation of Ian Fleming's "You Only Live Twice"?:)

#3 Dr Noah

Dr Noah

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 05:37 PM

"So what you're saying is that you'd have made LICENCE TO KILL a faithful adaptation of Ian Fleming's "You Only Live Twice"?"

Yeah, I would have used un-filmed elemants of the book, after all, China was once considered as a location, before the script was finalized.

I'd also have used John Barry for the music (and in a perfect world Richard Maibum would have had a chance re-work his first draft, it is quite sad that his involvement with Bond had to end with a script that he didn't really care for).

#4 Daltonitus

Daltonitus

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 10:44 PM

I think YOLT should be used more in the film of the same name, and that it should have followed OHMSS, but that's with hindsight.

How to improve LTk? Make it twice as long!