15 replies to this topic

#1 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 07:06 PM

I came across this website featuring an interview with John Glen. It has some pictures of him filming.
There is also a picture of Glen and Dalton on the set of LTK about half way down.

Does anyone know what this deleted scene was about? I'm sure I could see some army troops in the background.

Deleted scene from LTK

#2 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:06 PM

You've got me on that one. The soldiers make it look like the scene where they raid the Chinese agents' headquarters. But Dalton's outfit looks more like what he wore when they first arrived down there.

#3 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:46 PM

Could they be security staff of some sort for the production, rather than actors? I say that because you can only see two of them and they don't seem too keen on what John Glen is saying.

#4 Daltonitus

Daltonitus

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 10:27 PM

That's a pretty good read, regardless.

But....I don't think anyone (but the people involved in the film) would be able to tell you anything about that picture.

#5 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 10:28 PM

Isn't it on the DVD extras/deleted scenes? Unfortunatley, I don't own the DVD set:mad: so I can't check it up.

I liked Dalton's outfit though - very "1989"

Does anyone know anything about this mystery scene?:):confused:

#6 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 10:41 AM

Any ideas? I'm still puzzled. I even read an early draft of the script on the internet and still can't find this scene.

#7 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:29 PM

No, there's no mention of it on the DVD. So other than my previous suggestion, I'm stumped.

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 14 February 2003 - 12:34 PM

With the way he's dressed it looks like what he wears in the precredits of The Living Daylights and the "troops" could be the Gibraltar home guard (if that's what they're called).

Maybe the caption is incorrect.

#9 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 02:01 PM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat
With the way he's dressed it looks like what he wears in the precredits of The Living Daylights and the "troops" could be the Gibraltar home guard (if that's what they're called).

No it look like the security personel of the Mexican Govenrment . Remember "LTK" , was film in Latin America . Most in Mexico , and since it a high profile production. The Mexican Government would take any chances for a "attack" by marxist rebels . It a common thing the that part of the world.

#10 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:13 PM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat

Maybe the caption is incorrect.

Probably. Either that or they were looking for an alternative location to shoot a scene.

#11 Dr Noah

Dr Noah

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 05:28 PM

Wasn't there a scene with Don Johnson which got deleted?

#12 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 06:38 PM

I've figured out where this scene was set. When Bond arrives in Isthmus City, he goes to the "Banco de Isthmus" in the blue Rolls Royce to make a huge deposit.
As you watch the car arrive outside the entrance, you see several guards/troops walking past the bank. And Dalton is wearing a dark blue shirt with dark trousers in this scene, similar to the one in the photo from that website. And the background buidling looks similar too.

I suppose Glen and Dalton were discussing the location outside the bank
and the best place to shoot.

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 06:35 AM

What is he wearing though? I agree with BC that it looks more like an outfit from the TLD pre-titles

#14 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 February 2003 - 01:06 PM

Trust me. Its not from TLD - I'm pretty certain that Dalton is wearing dark blue shirt and trousers similar to the one in LTK when he makes a deposit at the bank in Isthmus City(he's just wearing a light jacket on top that he took off when shooting). Plus, he's wearing normal smart black shoes and not the large army boots like the one in the TLD pre-titles. Judging by Dalton's hairstyle, its definately from LTK.

Watch the scene again in LTK when his blue Rolls arrives outside the bank - you'll see some troops walking past the bank.

#15 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 06:45 PM

Maybe we'll see it on a future MGM Ultimate Edition, they like there -re-releasing, years away likely, but remember Pierce and Dalton not involved with the current dvds, they just used old interviews of them in the dvd, and LTK has some more violence cut out, maybe we'll see another edition in the future.

And Ritz, one deleted scene of Dalton you must see if your a Dalton fan, is on TLD dvd, the cut scene is of Tim's Bond riding a carpet on wires, like a magic carpet, then he grabs a rope, and lands on the motorcycle, you can watch it on the living daylights dvd.

#16 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 11:12 PM

Originally posted by SeanValen00V
Maybe we'll see it on a future MGM Ultimate Edition, they like there -re-releasing, years away likely, but remember Pierce and Dalton not involved with the current dvds, they just used old interviews of them in the dvd, and LTK has some more violence cut out, maybe we'll see another edition in the future.

And Ritz, one deleted scene of Dalton you must see if your a Dalton fan, is on TLD dvd, the cut scene is of Tim's Bond riding a carpet on wires, like a magic carpet, then he grabs a rope, and lands on the motorcycle, you can watch it on the living daylights dvd.

Yeah. I've seen pics of these scenes. Hoping to buy DVD set in September and a new PC:D

PS: Any suggestions about the Dalton-Bond Community? I'll be starting a best Dalton film thread soon.
Cheers mate