3 replies to this topic

#1 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 01:08 AM

What do you think about an Cameo for Danny Devito in Bond 21 and Bond 22.
Posted Image
As an guy like Sheriff J.W. Pepper (Clifton James) in The Man with the golden gun.

Or as an guy that you see with an botel in The spy who loved me.

#2 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 10:59 AM

No one wil see an guy like the man with the botel in The Spy who loved me or an guy look like Sheriff J.W. Pepper.

#3 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:40 PM

Well, for one thing, Sheriff J.W. Pepper was an amazingly annoying character. A one-time appearance in "Live and Let Die" could be easily forgiven, but his second appearance in "Golden Gun" was very unnecessary and, as mentioned above, incredibly irritating and harsh.

As for the bottle guy, it was a very clever gag. But why, of all people, would you want Danny Devito in a Bond movie? Not that he's a bad actor, but he would just really be out of place in a Bond movie. It would just come across as "Hey, we've already had a bunch of stars in the last few movies - let's throw in some more for the hell of it."

Besides, DeVito already had a cameo in "Austin Powers in Goldmember". Being that he has already been in a spoof, I really don't think he needs to be seen in the real thing...

#4 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 03:08 AM

Well, lets say that Q needs some extra help so he tries to clone himself. Being the new Q, he screws up and gets clone 1/8th his size.

Enter Danny DeVito as Mini Q!

Hey, I love DeVito, but he doesn't belong in Bond. That'd be just weird.