32 replies to this topic

#31 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 06:02 PM

Sounds like an intriging project. I would prefer a book that covered not only the Fleming, Gardner and Benson ones, but also the film novelizations...I imagine that copyright problems would be the biggest headache.

Still if you need any help let me know. :)

#32 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 10:08 PM

Originally posted by zencat

I would do it like the offical poster book; a chapter per book showing all the different covers with info on each (and maybe a little summery of the book). I already own all the books that I would need (except maybe some non-english language ones -- and I know a collector I could turn to for those).  

I wonder if IFP would be open to this idea? Of course, they'd probably like me to just do Fleming, but I would want to do all the books CR to TMWTRT.  

Well, Fleming was the author of the only proper James Bond books, was he not? However, I'd say that "Colonel Sun" ought also to be included, since it came at the end of the Fleming era (and matched it in quality) and sort of provided closure for the literary 007. Gardner and Benson are all very well, but at the end of the day their books are nothing more than glorified fan fiction for diehards.

:)

BTW, the Japanese title of "For Your Eyes Only", Bara to kenjuu, translates as "Roses and Pistols", or maybe "The Rose and the Pistol".

#33 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:39 PM

Intresting i like a few of them, but the ones with a unknown bond on it look kind of corny but the others are great :)