23 replies to this topic

#1 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 01:49 PM

It is impossible to escape stunning actress Rachel Grant at the moment.I just went into my corner shop and there is a huge display of her to advertise Lynx aftershave.

#2 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 31 January 2003 - 03:53 PM

Originally posted by sainttemplar
It is impossible to escape stunning actress Rachel Grant at the moment.I just went into my corner shop and there is a huge display of her to advertise Lynx aftershave.

yes she is very stunning , but i don't see what the big deal is about her . She was in DAD all of 3 very quick minutes. was she in anything before DAD.

#3 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 09:59 AM

she was a well known model actress and presenter before DAD with appearances on the martial arts series Masters Of Combat and as Nina the hostess of the Sci Fi channel.She was Miss Great Britain and had appeared in numerous tv shows and theatre productions.
check out www.rachelnet.com for more info and don't forget to vote for the save sci fright campaign.

#4 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 03 February 2003 - 10:45 AM

Without wishing to ask stupid questions, your interest in her has been exemplified by numerous posts on these boards, almost to the total exclusion of other topics.

Is this some sort of promotion help, are you related or just "interested"?

As above, she was only around for a couple of minutes and did nothing that would make her shine - really nothing more than any other bit part actress/model/presenter/demonstrator.

#5 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 05:58 AM

She may not have been noticed by most of us before Simon, but folks are noticing her now, and it is perfectly fine for Sainttemplar to talk about Miss Grant in this forum.

-- Xenobia

#6 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 08:48 AM

I think that Simon's question wasn't intended with any malice Xenobia.

As for sainttemplar's association, I'm not sure. But I imagine there is one.

Either way, it's no different from a fan promoting Pierce Brosnan's work.

#7 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 11:42 AM

If you look at www.sirensofcinema.com you'll notice Rachel is on the cover...thanks to me.She is in the current issue of UK SFX as well.I have numerous interviews lined up for her and fellow DAD girls Cat McQueen and Anna Edwards.
I am fortunate enough to have worked with, and greatly admire, all three girls.
I am also friends with most of the cast and crew of the UK TV series Sci Fright...which is why I keep campaigning for votes to ensure a new series is commissioned.

#8 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 06:56 AM

I didn't think Simon was being malicious either, I just wanted to point out that it didn't matter if SaintTemplar had an affliation to Rachel Grant or not. He can talk about whatever he wants in a forum like this.

What is Sci Fright about ST? Is it going to jump the pond any time soon?

-- Xenobia

#9 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 05 February 2003 - 07:01 AM

Originally posted by Simon
Is this some sort of promotion help, are you related or just "interested"?

As above, she was only around for a couple of minutes and did nothing that would make her shine - really nothing more than any other bit part actress/model/presenter/demonstrator.

I must admit, her lack of screen time was made for by her character's name. The most unique since Two Dogs **********. :)

#10 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 02:40 PM

Originally posted by Xenobia

What is Sci Fright about ST?  Is it going to jump the pond any time soon?

-- Xenobia

Sci-Fright! is a horror movie double bill which is linked by intros from horror hostess Nina a sexy comedic serial killer.Its hugely popular in the UK and a NIna movie has been made called Twelve Rillington Place which has been shown in the UK and South Africa.It may well turn up on the US Sci FI channel in the future.12 RP stars Rachel Grant and has a cameo from Ice Palace girl Vanessa Perroncel.
More info on Sci-Fright! is available on www.rachelnet.com and one of the links on there is my site.There is also a link to the save sci-fright! site if you'd like to help ( please do).

#11 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 02:42 PM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat

I must admit, her lack of screen time was made for by her character's name. The most unique since Two Dogs **********. :)

but if the Hong Kong scenes had gone out uncut you'd have learnt Peaceful's real name.If you knew that you'd know why she was expected to be a recurring character.:)

#12 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 05:57 PM

I didn't think Simon was being malicious either, .....................................  He can talk about whatever he wants in a forum like this.

-- Xenobia

All of which amounts to the most redundant form of direction I've ever heard of.

But many thanks for your encouragement sweetie - it does give me a warm and fluffy feeling all over.

Sainttemplar - I hope Rachel is fully appreciative of all your assistance. I noticed she was alone at the Premiere. Why didn't she invite you?

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:31 PM

but if the Hong Kong scenes had gone out uncut you'd have learnt Peaceful's real name.If you knew that you'd know why she was expected to be a recurring character.

It may make the DVD yet.

I think I saw Rachel at the premier outside actually, but never approached her. I wasn't quite certain it was her.

#14 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 05 February 2003 - 08:35 PM

You are right with this thread . there is no escaping Rachel Grant. Attention all hands see was not that attractive.!!!!!!!!! Screen time all of 5 minutes if that. Perhaps if her scenes were cut then all the missing scenes like Bond arrival in Britain on BA , the Jinx / Graves golf , and the Bond / Frost hot tub scene would have made it into the film.

#15 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 10:19 AM

Sainttemplar - I hope Rachel is fully appreciative of all your assistance.  I noticed she was alone at the Premiere.  Why didn't she invite you?

what makes you think she didn't luvvie?

#16 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 10:23 AM

Sainttemplar - I hope Rachel is fully appreciative of all your assistance.  

I believe she is.She is very loyal to all of her fans.

#17 mobydick

mobydick

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:41 PM

Quote Kevrichardson
--------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps if her scenes were cut then all the missing scenes like Bond arrival in Britain on BA , the Jinx / Graves golf , and the Bond / Frost hot tub scene would have made it into the film.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Just some thoughts... or rather no-brainer....
Jinx/Graves golf game is a sport for (mostly) geriatric and wouldn't fit the Bond image. The hot tub scene too is not Bondish, even if uncut, it wouldn't be at par with the underwater love scene from For Your Eyes Only. C'mmon give Bond's lovemaking some CLASS - a hot tub scene can be done by anybody and is an old hat in Hollywood R movies. Or would you like Bond to look like The Bachelor or Joe Millionaire? he, he, he.....
Bond's arrival in Britain in BA? Isn't it too Common already.
I think the entire Hongkong scene is "neo-classic" with a bit of humour in it and a sexy woman should always be in the scene:cool:

#18 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 07:06 PM

Originally posted by sainttemplar

what makes you think she didn't luvvie?

Cool - I'll give you that one!

#19 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 06 February 2003 - 09:36 PM

Never heard of her.

#20 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 10:32 AM

Don't worry you will!In the meantime she is in a little film called Die Another something....have you seen it?

#21 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 10:34 AM

Originally posted by Blue Eyes

It may make the DVD yet.

I think I saw Rachel at the premier outside actually, but never approached her. I wasn't quite certain it was her.

you should have talked to her blue eyes.She is a really nice well mannered person.She even talks to me!

#22 flares

flares

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:25 PM

The lynx advert on TV is pretty good, and I think Rachel can be seen dancing in it.

#23 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:44 PM

Originally posted by flares
The lynx advert on TV is pretty good, and I think Rachel can be seen dancing in it.

she can indeed Flares.The advert is open to download on the Lynx website for non UK posters.

#24 sainttemplar

sainttemplar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 03:46 PM

I didn't think Simon was being malicious either, I just wanted to point out that it didn't matter if SaintTemplar had an affliation to Rachel Grant or not. He can talk about whatever he wants in a forum like this.

What is Sci Fright about ST? Is it going to jump the pond any time soon?

-- Xenobia

Xenobia,
I've just remembered there are some clips of Sci-Fright on www.rachelgrant.com to download.Some are really funny...ina weird way