6 replies to this topic

#1 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 11:15 AM

In the DVD there is no mention of Moore and the Canon in the documentary. And i don't remember seeing it in the photo stills either.
I remember reading Moore's book and he mentioned about sitting behind the canon but i cant remember if this was part of film that was deleted or just a publicity photo.

I always think its strange that it so prominent in the poster and yet not in the film. Any answers and are there other bond film posters that have show scenes not in the film?

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 04:21 PM

I've always wondered about this as well. As far as I know the Moore/canon was only a publicity photo, it was never a scene in the film. They used the photo in the program as well.

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 25 July 2002 - 07:52 AM

Sorry to bring this very old post back to the top, but I came across this pic while searching on Google Image Search and thought of that mysterious gun in the poster...

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 08:15 AM

Okay, now it's time to try and make a connection. Which film say Roger wearing that?

#5 Donovan

Donovan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 08:18 AM

I don't know what the story had him do precisely, but there is a radio commericial for "Live And Let Die" that describes the boat as a retired US Navy LST (Land Ship Tank). In addition to the image posted on this thread, I have seen a still of Moore aiming the gun very much as the poster depicted him.

-Joe

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 11:59 AM

Originally posted by Donovan
I don't know what the story had him do precisely, but there is a radio commericial for "Live And Let Die" that describes the boat as a retired US Navy LST (Land Ship Tank). In addition to the image posted on this thread, I have seen a still of Moore aiming the gun very much as the poster depicted him.

-Joe

Yes so have I...
I always wondered where the image came from

#7 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 09:29 PM

The LST is the ship into which Adam drives and blows up at the end of the boat chase. I didn't notice a gun on it, but then I never looked.

Also, the gun Moore is fiddling with looks like a machine gun, rather than the AA-gun featured in LALD's poster. But then I don't know much about guns.