5 replies to this topic

#1 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:15 AM

Have any of you good people ever sent fan mail to TD? If so did you receive a reply or an autograph?

#2 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:25 AM

No. But I do have a signed black and white photograph of all 5 Bond's. I got it when I joined the JBIFC some years ago.

I haven't written to TD and have never really considered it. I visit his fan websites regularly though.

#3 Raya

Raya

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:31 AM

Yes, I actually have. I sent a Xmas card. I am not expecting an answer. It would be a fantastic surprise, but I doubt the card will even get to Mr. Dalton himself. Only to his agency, and so...
I also visit his fan sites frequently and try to follow news about him.

#4 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 05:10 PM

I sent Dalton some things that I knew he'd appreciate and I got a letter and signed photo back. That was back in '99 though. Every piece of fan mail is read by Tim's sister, Annabelle. Anything that stands out from the rest of the fan mail she gives to Tim.

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 05:29 PM

Hmmm... Do you thnk if I sent TD a copy of the LTK book with return postage, etc., he would sign it?

#6 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 05:44 PM

I don't know, quite honestly. I think Tim just signs a stack of photos and his sister sends those out.

If I were you, I'd wait until he begins work on another film and then send the book and postage to him c/o the film set (there is almost a 95% guarantee you'll get it back signed). The last film Tim worked on, "Looney Toons: Back in Action", wrapped up filming in September and he hasn't signed for anything else yet.