4 replies to this topic

#1 Felix's lighter

Felix's lighter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 07:37 PM

Were there any novelizations Octopussy, AVTAK, TLD and LTK? If so, were they written by John Gardner? I know Christopher Wood wrote the novelizations of TSWLM and Moonraker and Gardner wrote the GoldenEye novelization (FYEO was close enough to its source material that I doubt they bothered with a new novelization), but there seems to be a huge gap in between. Am I wrong?

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 07:46 PM

There was a novelization of LTK written by John Gardner (pic below). OP, TLD, and AVTAK were never novelized.

#3 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 10:27 PM

Since, technically, FYEO, Octopussy, AVTAK, and TLD were 'films of the books', they were not novelised.

LTK's 'lightning strikes twice' pretense was so silly that I suppose TLD's novelisation would talk of Bond 'rembering another 'cello playing sniper.' :)

#4 Kronsteen

Kronsteen

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 11:02 PM

Licence To Kill as movie is OK.
Licence To Kill as novel was just bad... I didnt like it at all. They could have spared us on that one!

#5 Felix's lighter

Felix's lighter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 11:52 PM

"Since, technically, FYEO, Octopussy, AVTAK, and TLD were 'films of the books', they were not novelised."

Well, so was Moonraker, but it was still different enough from Fleming's MR that a novelization was deemed necessary.