This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

I know the perfect guy for the next Bond (and no, its not Hugh Jackman ;)).

9 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 05:49 PM

Alexis Denisof! Who is that you may ask, well, he's currently a regular on the series "Angel" playing the character of Wesley. Ahhh you may think, I remember him now, if you dont though, not to worry, I've got a link to a pic :)

Alexis in Tux

Ok, first off, he's six foot, and English. That right there is one requirement :) He's also a very good actor, he started out the show as a sidekick type character, the brains of the operation if you will, but not very strong. Over the course of the series his character has undergone a transformation, now he's more dark, mean, more sure of himself, all good qualities that would be great for Bond.

Plus he's not too well known (unlike a few people that have been discussed), the thing he's most known for is "Angel" and that show should wrap up by the time Brosnan steps down, he's also 36 right now, so in about 3 years he'll be the perfect age to play Bond.

What you guys think?

#2 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 06:33 PM

I like him in Angel but I'm not to sure he would make a great Bond actor.

#3 Blofeld Jones

Blofeld Jones

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 07:47 PM

I saw that Angel show once, but I don't remember this guy looking like that. I think he would be a solid Bond, but I'd like to see him tone it down a little bit. I love Brosnan, but he's too serious with the role. Maybe that's the fault of the writers, but I'd like to see a return to a sort of adapted Connery. He should have a dark sense of humor (like Connery, not Moore), get angry (as Brosnan and Connery could both do), and have a gritty side (like Dalton). This Alexis guy, going from what I've heard, often plays characters who act like Bond. If they give him a haircut and a shave, I think he'd be perfect.

#4 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 11:19 PM

Thats the great thing about him, he can play comedy and drama. When his character started out on "Buffy" he was a bafoon who, as Buffy put it "Screamed like a girl before getting knocked out" Now his character is more rugged (hence the reason that pic of him looks different, thats how he looks on the show now). So he can play both all ranges of Bond.

I have to admit though, it would be hard for me to accept him as anyone but Wesley though :)

#5 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:05 AM

as a huge fan of buffy and angel, i couldnt accept alexis as bond, he will forever be wesley to me. however i remember in an episode of buffy a character compared him to pierce brosnan, so him playing bond is not completely ridiculous, just unlikely

#6 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:11 AM

well i have never seen this guy before but as far as looks go i think he might do ok as bond, when its time for a new bond he should give it a shot he might get it

#7 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:19 AM

News Break: Alexis Denisof is an American.

He was born in Salisbury, Maryland USA and naturally has a nasally honk of an American accent.

And frankly, if we're going to go with an American actor (which I'm not ready to do) I'd go with James Marsters. Marsters is rougher, more dashing, has a nice Bondian type scar (on eyebrow), and does a better Brit accent than Denisof. He also would be aged just about right by the time the role becomes available. And in case you were wondering Marsters is naturally dark haired.

#8 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 05:38 AM

Originally posted by Mister Asterix
News Break: Alexis Denisof is an American.

He was born in Salisbury, Maryland USA and naturally has a nasally honk of an American accent.

And frankly, if we're going to go with an American actor (which I'm not ready to do) I'd go with James Marsters. Marsters is rougher, more dashing, has a nice Bondian type scar (on eyebrow), and does a better Brit accent than Denisof. He also would be aged just about right by the time the role becomes available. And in case you were wondering Marsters is naturally dark haired.

well i just saw masters and i DONT THINK HE HAS IT, FOR ONE HIS FACE IS TO SUNKEN IN THAT WOULD NEVER FLY AS BOND

well as they say: back to the drawing board

#9 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 02:19 PM

Another mark against Marsters is that he happens to be 40 years old as of this year. When Brosnan gives up the role in 3 to six years Marsters will be far too old for the role, especially considering people keep clamoring for younger and younger people as Bond.

American or not, I could still see Denisof doing it, and doing it well.

#10 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 06:03 PM

I've never been keen on having a American playing Bond but I don't think it really matters as much as long as he can do a better accent than Kevin Costner because Connery was Scottish and Brosnan is Irish although I would like to see an englishman play Bond I think that Ewan McGregor could be the best choice and he's not english.