18 replies to this topic

#1 goldengun

goldengun

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 01:31 PM

What about movie endings? THe most disgusting has to be Kanaga being blown up to shreds. MR is redeemed by the best Q-line "I think he's attempting re-entry sir!". But I wish Bond got rid of Jaws. Then again if he did, the producers would not have used that lovely blond girl in the movie.

AVTAK has a good ending as I like the way Zorin laughs his way to death after a rough fight with Bond on the SanFran bridge. The DVD brings out very well how this scene was recreated at the 007 stage back at Pinewood.

TSWLM has a good ending as all the sets are totally destroyed, and really Bond shows no mercy to Stromberg by not only shooting him the groin, but then shooting him in the heart and then shooting him again!!!
THAT's ROUGH! And who can foget the outfit XXX is wearing at the end of the movie. She was perfectly cast for this movie.

I think my fav is FYEO - Moore scaling the mountain, the brutal fight with Eric Kriegler, Topol is a really good supporting character throughout the movie. AnNd the fact Moore who is so roughed up, but still manages to take the ATAC, and toss it over the side. General Gogol's reaction to this is great - you can just sense how much he would like to kill Commander Bond...

Your favs?

#2 homerjbond

homerjbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 06:11 PM

Bond jumping on the back of the plane at the end of OP was pretty awesome (it a good gasp from the audience)...

Gobinda's reaction to Kamal Khan's command to "go out there and get him" was priceless!

#3 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:14 AM

Octopussy!! love that whole movie.. but the end is nice and romantic!! the best arch of a film..

But if I had to chose a second film ending..

I love TSWLM! I humor.. "keeping the britsh end up".. plus the whole intense battle..!!! I just remember watch this on The ABC Movie of the week in the late 1970's/early80's!! I was so into this film!

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 05:39 AM

I found this topic from the past.. I think everyone might enjoy talking about it :)

So I am posting here so it will go back to the front page :)

:)

#5 Sick Sense

Sick Sense

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 05:46 AM

LIVE AND LET DIE FOR GOD'S SAKE. how is that not disturbing.

#6 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 12:37 PM

My absolute favorite ending is Roger scaling the side of the mountain in FYEO and then the battle in the abandoned monastry (sp?).
I also like the ending to AVTAK with a great fight with Zorin atop the Golden Gate Bridge. He (Zorin) was such a crazy nut laughing as he fell to his death.

#7 St.John Smythe

St.John Smythe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:01 AM

My favorite endings are:

FYEO: Like what others have said the climb up the mountain to the monastry and the fight there is great. I also love the very end with The Prime Minister, her husband & Max the parrot. Very funny.

Octopussy: The fight with Gobinda on the plane is very exciting and the final scene between Bond and Octopussy is great. "I wish you weren't in such a weakened condition." "Oh, James!" :)

#8 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 12:09 AM

goldengun, you forgot to mention the ending to the The Man With The Golden Gun. I don't know whch ending is my favorite, so I will go with the best Bond film yet, Live and Let Die.

#9 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 June 2003 - 01:05 AM

Originally posted by Righty007
I don't know whch ending is my favorite, so I will go with the best Bond film yet, Live and Let Die.

Totally agree with you there.

THE BARON LIVES!
(Or un-lives, whatever)

Bringing him back would've been much better than resusitating that oxygen thief JW Pepper.

#10 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 01:44 AM

Originally posted by Blofeld's Cat

Totally agree with you there.

THE BARON LIVES!
(Or un-lives, whatever)

Bringing him back would've been much better than resusitating that oxygen thief JW Pepper.

I think I'm the only person who actually likes JW Pepper. Speaking of Live and Let Die, it's on UPN tonight for those of you who don't already know.

#11 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 01:51 AM

a view to a kill tops that list for me....zorin...what a fool

#12 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 June 2003 - 02:01 AM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
a view to a kill tops that list for me....zorin...what a fool

He must of had sticky fingers like a gecko to cling on for that long before falling.

#13 David Somerset

David Somerset

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 08:06 AM

When Tee Hee appears in Bonds train compartment right at the end of LALD. Thats pretty neat.

#14 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 08:07 PM

1. Octopussy
2. FYEO
3. TMWTGG
4. TSWLM
5. AVTAK
6. Moonraker
7. LALD

#15 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 09:07 PM

i want to see brosnan have a great bond film ending, why has he not had one? they have all been kind of ..... low key or tame or uneventful

#16 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 02:45 AM

it seems like most of pierces were ending in the water?? well a few in a row there.. they should mix it up a little more?

#17 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 03:57 AM

I loved Octopussy's ending. From the circus-girl siege, to the fight on the plane. The air is always a good place to have a final battle.

And how are Pierce's endings in the water? Only TND did that. It's more of a Connery thing, isn't it? Almost all of his films ended in, on or around the water.

#18 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 07:07 PM

I don't see how Brosnan bond endings can be classified as low key or uneventfu. Take the ending of Die Another Day.. the crashing airplane for example. But anyway back to the subject of best Moore endings.

I think that my most favorite has to have been Octopussy with the fight aboard the airplane. Moonraker was pretty funny (Q's line about re-entry) but the whole space station sequence in that movie was pretty far fetched even for a Bond Film! The rock climbing scene in For Your Eyes Only was great (my favorite white-knuckle Bond stunt) except the way that Kriegler and Kristatos get killed was a real let down after the exciting climb. A View to a Kill's final scene was pretty good although it is very obvious that most of that was done in front of a blue screen. Spy Who Loved Me was pretty good (especialy the Jaws magnet scene) although once again I was dissappointed with how easily the baddie (Stromberg) gets killed. I liked Live and Let Die's ending a lot, especially Baron Samedi sitting on the train laughing (Tee Hee's ripping open the mail bag and attacking Bond was cool, although by this point Bond has been attacked two other times on a train by Red Grant and Jaws.)

My least favorite ending would have to be The Man With the Golden Gun. Granted the fight scene with Nick Nack was hilarious. But all bond has to do after beating Scaramanga is find Goodnight and escape. There was only one guard on the island and he was already taken care of by Goodnight who conked him on the head and he fell into the liquid nitrogen. Just too easy in my opinion.

#19 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:13 PM

Originally posted by 4 Ur Eyez Only
it seems like most of pierces were ending in the water?? well a few in a row there.. they should mix it up a little more?

Well yes TND and TWINE both ended in the water, but the problem with Pierce's endings are that they are flat.

In the Sean and Roger eras we had big barnstorming finales (with only a couple of exceptions). The endings to Brosnans movies however seem fairly tame and bland in comparison.