James Bond driving a dutch car!!!

13 replies to this topic

#1 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 12:29 PM

I recently read in a magazine that the manager of the Spyker Spyder, wich is a fantastic and beautiful car made in the Netherlands and I have seen it with my own eyes and it would be fantastic if Bond would be driving it but I think that Bond should drive the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish personaly, is negotiating with Eon productions to let Bond drive the Spyker Spyder!!!!
Ofcourse this is a rumour but I think that every rumour should be published.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 August 2001 - 06:22 AM

"R" (04 Aug, 2001 02:06 p.m.):
... which is one of the reasons why BMW were dropped ... I KNOW an awful lot of folks in the UK would find rubbing BMW's noses in it very satisfying.

BMW haven't been dropped, their three picture contract has simply expired.

I think blowing up a few BMW's would be a very catty move. You have to look at it from a wordly aspect (Bodn is afterall shown world wide) that not everyone feels contempt for BMW.

#3 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 August 2001 - 12:01 PM

Well, as far as I know it is not a very commercial car because it's typical dutch and there are only 24 Spykers sold yet and I think it has to do with the price aswell because the price is: ƒ500.000,- and $1,- is about ƒ2,20 so it is pretty expensive but I don't know personaly if the Spyker is known in the rest of the world.
I can't figure that some people don't like the Spyker!
I would love to see Bond driving it next to the Aston Martin I mean: then would Bond destroy the Spyker in the beginning of the movie and in the rest of the film he would drive the V12 Vanquish.
Does anyone agree with me on this one?

#4 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 10:24 PM

It just looks totally different to other cars I've seen. You wouldn't expect to see a car that looks like that, but it's so nice! What more can I say.

#5 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 05:53 PM

OK, here are some pictures of the diecast 1:24 Aston Martin Model:

Aston Martin 1

Aston Martin 2

Aston Martin 3

Aston Martin 4

#6 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 04 August 2001 - 01:23 PM

I want Bond driving an Aston Martin - simple enough.
I don't want Bond driving a BMW or a Spyker Spyder. All I'm saying is that the Spyder is a nice car. I agree with "R" - I wouldn't mind seeing a few BMW's blown up :) (me being British aswell).

#7 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 04:46 PM

I'm impressed at how defensive you are about the Aston Martin.

I've got a 1:24 Diecast model of the DB5 from "Danbury Mint" over here in the UK. It cost

#8 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 04:40 PM

It could be, but as it was a rumour, that's why an article went on the site.

Although I know it shouldn't be a Bond car (as the Aston Martin should be) I just said that it looked a nice car :)

I do love Aston Martins! I do love Aston Martins! I do love Aston Martins! I do love Aston Martins! I do love Aston Martins!

#9 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 August 2001 - 01:06 PM

As a Brit, I'd love to see Bond blow up a few BMW's at the start, just to emphasise the superiority of the Aston.

Nothing against Germany per se, but given the history between BMW and the UK motor industry, which is one of the reasons why BMW were dropped, I KNOW an awful lot of folks in the UK would find rubbing BMW's noses in it very satisfying.

#10 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 August 2001 - 08:56 PM

Well, I'm dutch and I personaly love the BMW 750il and the Z8 so I almost had to cry when I saw these cars blow up or something like that.
By the way: do you know what Spyker means in English?, because it is a tipycal dutch name?
Well, it means "nail"! I know it sounds stupid but I thought you guys might actually laugh about it!

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 August 2001 - 08:52 AM

"R" (02 Aug, 2001 05:18 p.m.):
Remember that if its a Spyker-originated story, "negotiating with EON" might actually mean "sending begging letters to EON pleading for them to use our car, no matter how many times they say no."

I'm going with you on that one R. One thing that I'm sure EON will do is pick a popular car. I'm not sure how big the Spyder is in Europe though. I've never heard of it is Australia, I can tell yuo that much.

#12 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Daniel for the news, I've published an article on the main site.

It looks really beautiful! It's my dream car.

#13 R

R

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 04:18 PM

Remember that if its a Spyker-originated story, "negotiating with EON" might actually mean "sending begging letters to EON pleading for them to use our car, no matter how many times they say no."

Either way, its a great way for them to get publicity for the car.

My opinion of the car? Nice looking, stupid, stupid name, nowhere near classy enough to be a Bond car.

And Dave, I'm disappointed. Repeat after me 100 times: "I WILL LOVE THE ASTON MARTIN. I WILL LOVE THE ASTON MARTIN".

#14 James Bond

James Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 09:35 PM

"R" (02 Aug, 2001 05:18 p.m.):

Either way, its a great way for them to get publicity for the car.

My opinion of the car? Nice looking, stupid, stupid name, nowhere near classy enough to be a Bond car.

And Dave, I'm disappointed. Repeat after me 100 times: "I WILL LOVE THE ASTON MARTIN. I WILL LOVE THE ASTON MARTIN".

The car does look very nice and I saw it for real on a car-show and I could barely touch it and then I read the article and I couldn't believe it!
The reason that you think the name of the car is stupid because you don't know the history of the Spyker, it has a very long and very interesting history!
I also do agree with you that it's not a typical Bond-car and where could you possibly hide the trics and gadgets because the car itself is a gadget!
But......but....but.....Aston Martin rules!!!!!!!!!!